Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
I have finally caught up.

The ride has been amazing. Thank you for doing this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

That mod seems like a bad fit for the game. Sure, the idea about fighting a war like that is cool on paper, but Ibble was dealing with all the interesting narrative parts, while McD was left with the grind and slog of trying to, you know, fight a war that has so many extra things tacked on it doesn't seem fun.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Why is the sub-title of the Mod "The Orders of Texas"? when Texas appears as a mid-low power nation with nothing special to it?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

TheMcD posted:

Well, for one, it seems to be customary for the "mod subtitle" to basically be a title for the latest update.

Ah, thanks!

*goes to read the old Victoria II LP about Texas*

berryjon
May 30, 2011

TheMcD posted:

We really have things going out of hand now. Something happens that I feel should have never been allowed to happen, and I try to fix things.

But you mean that wasn't supposed to happen? But it was fun! and Hilarious!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Can you preemtively go to war with Mexico to regain what they hold of the former US, or do you have to wait until you take out the other two major powers first?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Blame Canada!

Blame Canada!

Only in this mod could such a thing happen. It was beautiful!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Can the AI ever launch a proper naval invasion? Because when Ireland throws out the Ruskies multiple times, I think something's wrong.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Seeing large swathes of developed Canada roll over that quickly just shows off how Canada was never really intended to be defended. Seriously, a tank brigade rolling into Edmonton should not cause Grande Prairie, Fort MacMurry or Whitehorse to capitulate.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I remember watching you guys get caught up in a game of 'whack-a-mole' in South America last time. Glad to see this is going better!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I see you're not quite carpet nuking continents yet. Your restraint is appreciated. :)

berryjon
May 30, 2011

TheMcD posted:

In our quest to integrate South America, things get a bit out of hand. Oh well, nothing liberal nuclear weapon use can't solve.

berryjon posted:

I see you're not quite carpet nuking continents yet. Your restraint is appreciated. :)

And your restraint is still appreciated!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

You guys had so many subs, I don't think you needed Marines. You could have just lined all your subs up side to side from Florida and your invasion could have walked.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

TheMcD posted:

.... playing as the Free Fighters, because a nation of luchadores is something we just have to go for.

This is objectively the best choice. I'm glad to see it. Viva Luche Libre!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Well, that was watched. Or mostly listened to while watching on occasion.

This mod seems to be like a randomizer, where you never get the same game twice, and Germany is the only real player nation in the game. You against the world. Not my cup of tea in terms of game play.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

TheMcD posted:

Also, this is the final campaign of the LP. It's been a long while, and it's time to wrap it up.

NOOOOOO!!!!

Well, it's been a fun ride. Thanks, and I will stick with you through to the end.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I'm surprised you didn't try to take a bite of Poland, if only to have more space to defend yourself with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

You did it! And thanks for the ride, it's been up and down, that's for sure. But I think you guys had more ups than downs.