Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carvor
Jan 13, 2019
Honestly even after MTG was released I find that I never actually pay attention to the navy, even when I play nations like Japan or the UK, it's just not a very engaging system in my opinion. The fact that I barely know how naval combat works despite having over 2000 hours in this game speaks to just how bland I think it is. Though it's a lot more relevant in multiplayer than singleplayer as far as I understand it, which probably makes my experience with it incomplete since I very rarely play multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carvor
Jan 13, 2019

Das Panzer posted:

As one of the localizers for EaW going on three years now I'm pretty excited for when you eventually reach our corner of guns war circlegame mods. :allears:
Wow, didn't expect to find another member of the team here.

Carvor
Jan 13, 2019

NeverHelm posted:

Both Hoi3 and Hoi4 (which is what I assume you meant to ask) have nukes, and they work mostly the same way in both games. They do a massive amount of damage to units and buildings, and also makes the target lose national unity/war support. Curiously, it doesn't do any damage to the civilian population in vanilla. The game's timescale isn't really long enough for any radiation-related issues to come up.

It doesn't have much of an impact on relations either, though Japan does have a decision to surrender after getting nuked twice which the AI is scripted to do.

The nuke thing is part of PDX's wider policy of generally ignoring anything related to civilian casualties in WW2, since once you open that box you inevitably get people asking about including the various horrific atrocities that the axis committed in the game, and that's something that PDX really doesn't want to do.