Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

So they did only find out during the game? That's a pretty big loving correction Ken.

Still the Dodgers are idiots for letting him out there at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the most monkey-paw possible version of "just let me see the Dodgers win it all"

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Jesus Christ the Dodgers are stupid.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MoaM posted:

Well, this is turning out to be a significant asterisk.

the dodgers logo but the baseball slowly morphs into an asterisk, and then every other letter becomes an asterisk

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
it was covid that kept that one Turner hit in the park

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
If that giant dipshit infected Uncle Charlie, so help me god :argh::argh::argh:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Dodgers have been in the "bubble" in Arlington for 3 weeks. JT definitely caught covid from a fan in the stadium

great job MLB

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
It seems way more likely that there wasn't a bubble at all

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

It seems way more likely that there wasn't a bubble at all

Yeah this, or that family members inside the bubble weren't being as restricted.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I'm a little dumbfounded that they apparently don't know the results of tests until the game is already underway. Unless finding out in the 2nd inning is all bullshit and they did know beforehand :shrug:

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I forget, weren’t there a few games during the season that got suspended mid-game? Were those after the first or second positive?

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 28, 2020

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Let’s be honest, even a full day’s notice wouldn’t have been enough to get MLB to postpone because there’s too much money riding on the game, player health is a distant second to fat stacks of cash.

Especially when they’re on the verge of bankruptcy and just can’t afford to pay all these scouts :qq:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Johnny Bravo posted:

I'm a little dumbfounded that they apparently don't know the results of tests until the game is already underway. Unless finding out in the 2nd inning is all bullshit and they did know beforehand :shrug:

Someone posted that they knew as early as yesterday

Vernacular posted:

I forget, weren’t there a few games that got suspended mid-game? Were those after the first or second positive?

You can't suspend a game, that would mean taking Blake Snell out of a game he was absolutely dominati-

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
:cawg:

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Turner was giving me massive jerk vibes since the NLCS when he kicked that ball, disrespecting his ex-teammate Travis D'Arnaud.

You'd think they'd bond over a laugh as they both excelled after being dumped by the Mets lol

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Jesus, well I got to enjoy the win for a few minutes at least.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If the dodgers didn't win tonight tomorrow might have been crazy town.

If he got the virus from elsewhere it might still be a few days before other players test positive but if he got it from soemone that everyone was interacting with then we might get a bunch of positive tests in the next 24 hours.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/status/1321329429847498752

so the new rule with covid isolation is that if you really want to do something you can ignore it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's not really a new rule

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean getting covid seems mid tier on the list of dangerous activities championship winning teams partake in.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

Someone posted that they knew as early as yesterday
That was Ken Rosenthal's initial report and he corrected it to say they learned of yesterday's test during the second inning

is that real or normal? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LA PROUD!

https://twitter.com/MikeRogersTV/status/1321331072794157060?s=20

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

community coming together to let the driver know what happened and pour water/booze on the fire

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Kevin Cash saw Hinch pull Grienke in game 7 last year and decided to one up him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/status/1321329429847498752

so the new rule with covid isolation is that if you really want to do something you can ignore it

Don't worry, the Dodgers all supported him because he's part of their team

https://twitter.com/billplunkettocr/status/1321319531449634817

Luckily the only people in the stadium were the Dodgers players, who will all isolate for a minimum of two weeks

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Mookie gonna do his part to save MLB from bankruptcy by getting covid and dying or being unable to play, having his contract covered by insurance. The scouts will still be fired.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

go buy all your 2020 world champions memorabilia dodgers fans! remember the hellscape that is 2020 for the rest of your life!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

That was Ken Rosenthal's initial report and he corrected it to say they learned of yesterday's test during the second inning

is that real or normal? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a hard time believing they ran a covid test on the off day and didn't get results back until the game had already started

But even if they did, the way they handled it after the game is embarrassing. Turner, the Dodgers, MLB, stadium security or whoever, the state of Texas in general, all failures in this. I wonder if this game had actually taken place in LA instead of in bleeding red Trump country if Turner would have been allowed maskless in team pictures and poo poo

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I want Justin Turner to pull a Ryan Braun and say some dude at the lab pissed in his sample

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kirios posted:

go buy all your 2020 world champions memorabilia dodgers fans! remember the hellscape that is 2020 for the rest of your life!

bawfuls posted:

the most monkey-paw possible version of "just let me see the Dodgers win it all"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Congratulations to the World Champions

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

given that MLB let 11 thousand people into the stadium every game and none of them were wearing masks it was an inevitability something dumb was gonna happen

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dave Roberts clinched a World Series with a bullpen game

let that sink in

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Dave Roberts clinched a World Series with a bullpen game

let that sink in

I was getting on his case pretty hard when we were down 3-1 to Atlanta, but the man deserves his credit. With the exception of the Baez stuff in game 4, he was on point pretty much all series

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Turns out having your entire offense be a single player is a bad idea, even if it's randy

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
The JT stuff is a bummer and I hope the team actually quarantines for the next 2 weeks and nobody else gets (or already is) sick

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It didn't stop Magic Johnson from going down there without a mask either.

Don't worry, it's not like HIV makes you immunocompromised or anything.

Magic Johnson has a good excuse:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I think Roberts had lymphoma or something like that at one time, and he was right next to JT in the photo, and both of them unmasked.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Just incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Turns out that the immediate post-WS period is really great for finding out which of your favorite players are in fact Not Great.

Just wait til the White House invite comes, that’s the real test.