Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

hrmm that sounds like the opposite of jokerfication, I wonder what baseball fanbase fits best?

Kersh ruled out for tomorrow
https://twitter.com/jphoornstra/status/1316104563699507200

plz remind me to tune in after the first inning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

You missed the best part

luckily i tuned in 😼

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Roberts for sure hasn't been the main culprit this year (though he has made some egregious gaffes in prior years). However, I suspect that the absurdly high expectations and overall gravitational pull of the ongoing vortex of disappointment will finally be too strong to protect him should we squander yet another incredible team/season.

It would be bittersweet because he's a lovely man and good at getting the players to buy into the system, and his replacement might very well be even worse, but I'm having a hard time picturing an organization in that situation not taking any skulls, even if it's mostly symbolic.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I mean yeah, if there's an ops guy who can be patient and ignore the calls for blood, it's Friedman, but these things also have their limits.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Dustin May opening tonight. I have to think Gonsolin will get a shot to throw the most innings for the Dodgers in this game

https://twitter.com/ericstephen/status/1317916033798213632

I think it will depend on how well things go in the first few innings. If we can get a lead together early then yes I'd guess Gonsolin will do the heavy lifting, but if not I'd imagine it's Julio.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Sydin posted:

Roberts is gonna put Kershaw in on short rest to get the save and you know it.

Unfortunately that is a foregone conclusion, yes :suicide:

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

also a reminder we get The Good Joe calling this game tonight

https://twitter.com/Joe_Davis/status/1317845328679358465

praise

Hell yeah

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Metapod posted:

I would like to use my first post to bless dodgers infielder Enrique Hernandez

yoooooo

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
loving incredible. yet,

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Vernacular posted:

loving incredible. yet,

job’s

not

done

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

This is about the only way the pitching makes sense going forward now. Would then give Kershaw normal rest to start game 5, May/Gonsolin extra rest to start game 6 and Buehler normal rest for game 7

https://twitter.com/jonweisman/status/1318072081205010434

In today's column, Dylan H mentioned Dave saying that he likes Julio as the game 3 starter, which I guess means Kershaw and Buehler for games 1 and 2.

I don't like Buehler on short rest with the blister situation, but he only threw 85 in game 6 and I get minimizing the reliance on Gonsolin/May :shrug:.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 19, 2020

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I would guess Julio starts game 4 as well. Gonsolin and May are just going to have to be reliable tomorrow

Also, gently caress it, new av

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

that is a great one, not enough Piazza love these days!

:hfive: my favorite player growing up for sure (no doubt I'm not alone there)

Signing Mookie was some nice redemption after the way the team handled his and Beltre's situations

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I honestly don't even know how to turn the game on tonight. I might have to wait until like the 3rd inning to check in, once the talking heads have exhausted what there is to say about that play

I have been feeling the same way but I will likely cave and watch the whole thing anyway (because I am weak and crave pain)

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Metapod posted:

Mlb champion dodger infielder Enrique Hernandez

this was all you

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Kirios posted:

I'm actually kinda glad the Astros didn't win this title

hahah yeah totally, joke’s on us

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Kenny also said he tested positive yesterday AND today lol MLB just let it roll

what the hell

this could be a shitshow

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Can/will the Rays take legal action (assuming they didn’t know)? Ken was saying that the team knew about the positive diagnosis all day, right?

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I forget, weren’t there a few games during the season that got suspended mid-game? Were those after the first or second positive?

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 28, 2020

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Dave Roberts clinched a World Series with a bullpen game

let that sink in

I was getting on his case pretty hard when we were down 3-1 to Atlanta, but the man deserves his credit. With the exception of the Baez stuff in game 4, he was on point pretty much all series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
The JT stuff is a bummer and I hope the team actually quarantines for the next 2 weeks and nobody else gets (or already is) sick