Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Nice, two films I've not seen. At least I think I haven't seen Poltergeist 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I know that Poltergeist II is not well-regarded, but I have a soft spot for it from when HBO first ran it morning, noon and night when I was a kid, and it features one of the creepiest scenes in a 1980s horror film (RIP Julian Beck).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lurdiak posted:

Tonight's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

Poltergeist II: The Other Side

(Rated PG-13 for frightening and intense scenes) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

and...

Tales From The Crypt Presents Demon Knight

(Rated R for gore, horror violence, sexuality and language) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

followed by...

Tales from the Darkside

and finally...

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Be sure to tune in to find out who won the...

Be there!

We are live in 30!
Join the discord!

The first movie will be on Twitch and then we'll switch to Cytube, so don't get confused.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I wish I was in the right time zone for this, because Demon Knight is loving amazing and Billy Zane is a national treasure.

smitster
Apr 9, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Just tuning in, excited for Demon Knight, it's such a fun movie

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Demon Knight was great and so was the soundtrack. I've always liked Poltergeist since I've seen it when I was young and it scared the poo poo out of me.

Good movies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wishmaster

(Rated R for horror violence and gore, and for language) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

and...

Thirteen Ghosts

(Rated R for horror violence/gore, nudity and some language) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

followed by...

Tales from the Darkside

and finally...

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Be there!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 25, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Thirteen Ghosts came out when I was working at a theater so I've seen it quite a few times. It's not the worst movie I've ever seen. I've never seen Wishmaster though but I want to.

Nice lineup again.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh man I’m excited for tonight

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Tonight is gonna be sick!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Show me wonders!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Wishmaster

(Rated R for horror violence and gore, and for language) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

and...

Thirteen Ghosts

(Rated R for horror violence/gore, nudity and some language) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

followed by...

Tales from the Darkside

and finally...

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Be there!

We are live in 30!
Join the discord!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Attention gorehounds and spook-a-doodles! This is a priority 1 horror announcement!

Fellow goon and up and coming film director CelticPredator's Trick 'r Treat fan film, "Trick 'r Treat: Sam's Gift will be premiering exclusively on the final night of the Scream Stream!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfZExPCSDR4

The premiere will be at 7:15 PM EST on October 31st, with a repeat showing at 1:35 AM EST for people in other time zones. It will be broadcast through the official Scream Stream Cytube channel! Please install this extension for the best viewing experience!

Never before have two titans of terror collaborated to bring you this much Halloween Havoc! Don't miss this once in a lifetime Scarestravaganza! You wouldn't want to disappoint Sam, would you?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
CelticPredator is pretty cool and really good at taking pictures of his scary dolls so I have high hopes for this.

Also it's day 3 and I still have the last of my pizza left.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Hey everyone. This isn't an official Scream Stream thing, but I figure the crossover audience is a near circle and people would like to hear about it.

I am hosting a completely last minute, poorly planned stream of my own tomorrow, mainly cause Lurd isn't doing one. No official affiliation, just wanted to do it just cause.

The theme for this one is basically Halloween, no "Critical Rejection" up in these parts. It's going to be all killer, no filler of Movies and TV set around the Halloween season.

And the schedule is not being released ahead of time. So if you want to know what's going on, you're just going to have to tune in. The general idea is that the movies will start family friendly, and get less so as the evening goes on. And it's going to be a real long stream too.

So, the HalloWeen Stream will be tomorrow, Friday Oct 30th, starting at 3:00 PDT/6:00 EDT, and running late into the night. Stream information will be released closer to the actual event, but will require CyTube and the Google Drive script like Scream Stream does.

No graphics, cause those take time and this is really poorly planned.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
drat. I missed Friday the 13th part 5 with y'all. Good thing I watched it tonight on my own!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Hey everyone. This isn't an official Scream Stream thing, but I figure the crossover audience is a near circle and people would like to hear about it.

I am hosting a completely last minute, poorly planned stream of my own tomorrow, mainly cause Lurd isn't doing one. No official affiliation, just wanted to do it just cause.

The theme for this one is basically Halloween, no "Critical Rejection" up in these parts. It's going to be all killer, no filler of Movies and TV set around the Halloween season.

And the schedule is not being released ahead of time. So if you want to know what's going on, you're just going to have to tune in. The general idea is that the movies will start family friendly, and get less so as the evening goes on. And it's going to be a real long stream too.

So, the HalloWeen Stream will be tomorrow, Friday Oct 30th, starting at 3:00 PDT/6:00 EDT, and running late into the night. Stream information will be released closer to the actual event, but will require CyTube and the Google Drive script like Scream Stream does.

No graphics, cause those take time and this is really poorly planned.

What's the channel name going to be?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Happy Halloween boils and ghouls! Tomorrow's the last night of the Scream Stream, but it's also Halloween night. So we're going with something special but also something more casual. Something you can drop in and out of while you uh... wish Halloween wasn't canceled.

So we're starting at 5PM EST tomorrow, and going til the deep dark hours of the night.

We're kicking off with...

Creepshow

followed by...

Creepshow 2

and then...

Feeding Frenzy

and we're finishing the night with...

The WNUF Halloween Special

Also, all throughout the evening we'll see a few last episodes of...

Tales from the Darkside

and maybe some more

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

And don't miss the premiere of

Sam's Gift

As well as a few other surprises! Drop by and get your scare on!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 30, 2020

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I forgot to update this thread on tonight's stream. But it's currently in progress, and it's available at:

https://cytu.be/r/ween-stream

Make sure you have the cytube Google Drive script installed.

Edit:

Intro for everyone who missed it hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82AEEcLpvI

SomeJazzyRat fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 31, 2020

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cytube just fails to work at this point for me.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Just wanted to thank the some dozens of people who showed up yesterday for the Ween-Stream. The event was a blast, aside from like 2 guys making GBS threads on Homestar Runner. And thanks Lurd for giving an example of how to run things like this too.

And in the theme of oversharing, one of the films we played was Scream Stream Discord favorite, Halloween at Aunt Ethel, and due to circumstances, a warning was in order. And I'm proud of this so there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_8YJghQerA

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Happy Halloween boils and ghouls! Tomorrow's the last night of the Scream Stream, but it's also Halloween night. So we're going with something special but also something more casual. Something you can drop in and out of while you uh... wish Halloween wasn't canceled.

So we're starting at 5PM EST tomorrow, and going til the deep dark hours of the night.

We're kicking off with...

Creepshow

followed by...

Creepshow 2

and then...

Feeding Frenzy

and we're finishing the night with...

The WNUF Halloween Special

Also, all throughout the evening we'll see a few last episodes of...

Tales from the Darkside

and maybe some more

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

And don't miss the premiere of

Sam's Gift

As well as a few other surprises! Drop by and get your scare on!

We are live in 1 hour!
Join the discord!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
:spooky: Scream Stream Retrospective Album :spooky:

https://imgur.com/a/N5gYOHZ

Thanks for another great month, Lurd and the rest of the spookadoodles.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Thanks Lurd for another wonderful spooky streamy year!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Thank you again for hosting Scream Stream, Lurdiak!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Lurd, I forgot to thank you before dragging myself off to bed last night. The streams have been fantastic, and a welcome bit of social contact in these hosed times. Thank you!

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Great Scream Stream once again!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thanks Lurd! Another year of great streams.

And thank you Jetpack for posting the gif collection those are great.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Thanks for another wonderful year, Lurd! I can't wait for more :ernest:

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Can't wait for next year! *bangs table* Scream Stream! Scream Stream! Scream Stream! Scream Stream!....

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Thanks Lurd for yet another great Scream Stream. And thanks for all of you goons who chat for keeping me entertained.

Til next year!

https://i.imgur.com/hfv1E89.mp4

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Thanks Lurd for another wonderful Stream. I can now freely admit that after having groupwatched some Buffy with goons, the show's premise has promise and I would be open to watching a reworking of the series as long as Joss Whedon and/or any of his croneys were not involved just so there'd be a more fair approach to the characters and storyline.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gonna be a long eleven months.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Thanks Lurd for another wonderful Stream. I can now freely admit that after having groupwatched some Buffy with goons, the show's premise has promise and I would be open to watching a reworking of the series as long as Joss Whedon and/or any of his croneys were not involved just so there'd be a more fair approach to the characters and storyline.

The Whedonisms really ruined it for me, especially in the season one episodes. Got to the point where I'd leave the stream after the second Darkside episode was over.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The bitterest time of year has come, the day we say goodbye to October.... I want to thank everyone who tuned in, and I hope you all had a good time. I love putting on this stream every year, as much of a huge pain in the rear end as it can get. Halloween means a lot to me, and the Scream Stream is my way of sharing that enthusiasm with all of you. You are all my friends for life. But before I return to my crypt, here are a few memories of our time together.

This year's satisfied pizza raffle winners:

This year's Scream Stream intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_Lht5nrL0

The suckablood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw4gwwS-nFI

The most upsetting scene in movie history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig

The excellent trailer to the even more excellent Trick 'r Treat: Sam's Gift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfZExPCSDR4

And finally,

Thanks for watching, boils, ghouls and non-diescary people, and I'll see you again next Halloween season!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mine got missed, though I think it's a terrible photo that does not indicate the deliciousness of the pizza.

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
Thank you Lurdiak for another wonderful month of spooks, and to everyone for all the jokes and jabs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Here's mine too!