Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I remember the tornado survival was a result of nanobots being released into the atmosphere that prevent people from dying or aging, but can't think of any other superhuman abilities. In one of the coast to coast football games, they were stuck in a canyon for decades because no one could get the ball out of it. With 111 teams playing on their intersecting fields, I assume they cross over occasionally in order to capture a football and Georgia Tech was just keeping a small contingent on defense. Based on the map of all the fields, it looks like San Diego State should be stranded on their own field and will have to have found a way onto another field.

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1310766452945846272?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
My thought on the loophole is fields exist in 3 dimensions so you could dig deep enough to get SDSU and Boise State to intercept. The pressure and temperature would be immense and completely infeasible using 2026 technology, but those fields intersect.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
You have to root for Manny and Nick. Chapter 3 is amazing and I really hope they can make it.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

rjmccall posted:

I finally caught up, and I dont understand how this train thing works; like okay, its amazing, but surely someone involved with the train just goes and gets their locomotive back, and news about it gets around, and its not exactly difficult to piece together that it had something to do with football

I assume the balls were moved off the train in the the allowable OOB time and hidden under some brush. They would have cleared the tracks in several hours at most, unless all rail workers are SDSU fans.

Edit: That UAB offence will haunt my dreams.

Oil! fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 16, 2020