Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'm guessing that you don't need to actually become a player while you're on your home field, so Manny and Nick became SDSU players while already on other fields, and SDSU or some other team gets a new stadium, which brings SDSU into play proper.

My guess at the loophole is mostly because new buildings are specifically called out as not really happening any more, and the video directly mentions that SDSU was supposed to move into a new stadium at some point but it never happened.

rjmccall posted:

First chapter review: I feel like a lot more of the basic setup was explained than I expected; I guess further chapters are going to be heavily about team interplay. Also, the Georgia Tech players seem to be sticking to their own field, but the San Diego State players are just going wherever? And isn't this set after the last installment, where there were hardly any humans left and they had half-magical powers of surviving in tornados? Why is getting over a building suddenly difficult?

Anyway, the concept is cute, and it seems like it's setting up a long drama about the getaway.

I don't recall anything in 17776 saying that the population of the world was meaningfully lower, it's just that after a certain point people stopped dying, stopped being born, and stopped aging (after hitting adulthood). Then they added the nanobots that prevented most forms of injury/death to really solidify the whole "immortality" thing. No superhuman abilities, either, like was mentioned it's just an excuse to make people more or less invincible.

Also Jon Bois continues to have excellent taste in music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
this entire last update is just one big :ohdear: