Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Meh, Pats are pissed (because they are babies) at Easterby, the dude who's advising on the coaching search because he left and tried to take Caserio with him.

e; this in regards to the Watson to the Pats talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

kiimo posted:

The Eagles

I was wondering why I got a boner at the supermarket

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kiimo posted:

I'm sure Desaun hopes it is the Falcons. It would be hilarious if they ultimately blamed Matt Ryan and then bailed on him and put Watson in charge of those weapons

He's spent enough time with a franchise that chokes hard upon imminent success.

On the other hand, Watson with the Bucs...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Cross quotin’ from the BoB thread:

:sickos: :doit:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1313233175817138178

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Now we just need McDaniels rumors to the Jags to complete the AFC South's lust for him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mega64 posted:

He's spent enough time with a franchise that chokes hard upon imminent success.

On the other hand, Watson with the Bucs...

I was really only saying this because Watson is from Georgia

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Just to give some more details on this Easterby stuff since it might come up in the coaching search, the supposed story is that the Krafts especially are pissed because Easterby went to the Texans as VP and convinced them to make a play for Caserio (specifically at the Pats' last ring ceremony), knowing the Pats would get mad and refuse. That forces the Texans to go without a GM, which lets him become a major influence and take over football ops once Obrien is gone, while Caserio may be less inclined to consider an extension to because of being kept to his contract last year. Add in some dumb personal stuff about them not liking his "lust for power" and maybe being pissed about Kraft's handjob story. All rumors, all stupid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Deshaun Watson to Carolina makes a lot of sense, just saying.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

That Which Squeaks posted:

Just to give some more details on this Easterby stuff since it might come up in the coaching search, the supposed story is that the Krafts especially are pissed because Easterby went to the Texans as VP and convinced them to make a play for Caserio (specifically at the Pats' last ring ceremony), knowing the Pats would get mad and refuse. That forces the Texans to go without a GM, which lets him become a major influence and take over football ops once Obrien is gone, while Caserio may be less inclined to consider an extension to because of being kept to his contract last year. Add in some dumb personal stuff about them not liking his "lust for power" and maybe being pissed about Kraft's handjob story. All rumors, all stupid.

Petty drama, truly the thing that all NFL front offices run on.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Guys, Watson isn't going anywhere. His cap # is $67m next year and $51m in 2022.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I watched the official NFL Gamepass highlights compilation (which are usually about 5 to 6 minutes long) for Bears-Colts and had to check I hadn’t accidentally skipped most of it when it ended at 1:15.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1313243785820884998

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

In the coach’s defense the Texans GM did trade away their best wide receiver

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

wandler20 posted:

Guys, Watson isn't going anywhere. His cap # is $67m next year and $51m in 2022.

Never underestimate the stupidity of ex-Patriots assistants thinking :patssay: their way is the only way.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How are the Eagles scoring more than last year?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How are the Eagles scoring more than last year?

Eagles were 12th in scoring offense last year somehow. Yeah I don't remember it that way either.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1313217468479893504?s=19

WHY

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Herbert is the guy. It's not even a debate.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Herbert is the guy. It's not even a debate.

It's a little complicated because he effectively lost his starting job not just to injury but to the team hosed up injury. You have player perceptions to consider PLUS the fact that you dont want Tyrod to file a grievance that he lost his starting job and $$$$ because your doctor hosed up.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
What are the consensus around head coaches? Bill B and Andy Reid tops? I’ve been reading Andy’s history and drat his record is pretty great

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

As much credit Andy gets with the KC offense, I don't remember his Philly offense looking anything like that. His heydey was bog standard West Coast stuff and he clearly ran out of ideas by the end of it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

because the team murdered tyrod and he has to keep up appearances

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gatts posted:

What are the consensus around head coaches? Bill B and Andy Reid tops? I’ve been reading Andy’s history and drat his record is pretty great

Bomani called him the 2nd legendary coach in the league.

I think that might be a little much but he's an easy hall of famer, clearly the 2nd best coach at worst and the gap between him and third place is pretty huge.

The next tier is probably: Sean McDermott, Pete Carroll , John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin

Then after that it gets really messy with: Frank Reich, Mike Vrabel, Bruce Arians, Sean McVay, Mike LaFleur, Sean Payton, Shanahan....

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
What if the Cardinals hire BoB with a big paycheck and the Watson trade was all a scam?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
BA is in that 2nd tier and Tomlin isn't that far behind Reid

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1313191642023763971?s=19

I'm shocked it isn't the whole season after seeing the injury

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Kalli posted:

I think that might be a little much but he's an easy hall of famer, clearly the 2nd best coach at worst and the gap between him and third place is pretty huge.

The next tier is probably: Sean McDermott, Pete Carroll , John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin

Then after that it gets really messy with: Frank Reich, Mike Vrabel, Bruce Arians, Sean McVay, Mike LaFleur, Sean Payton, Shanahan....

I hate Sean Payton as a person but he's definitely in the 2nd tier

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1313191642023763971?s=19

I'm shocked it isn't the whole season after seeing the injury

I thought he ripped his hamstring off the damned bone watching live.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Raku posted:

I hate Sean Payton as a person but he's definitely in the 2nd tier

I mean... is he?

With an absolute HoF QB he was able to run dominant offenses... some times. Has had tons of trouble on the defensive side of the ball most years. I don't think he's as consistent as any of the tier 2 guys

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

three posted:

What if the Cardinals hire BoB with a big paycheck and the Watson trade was all a scam?

n....no

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I had to google who Sean McDermott coaches so I don't think he's quite there yet

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Sean McDermott? Really?

I mean he helped turn around the Bills as a franchise* but he's still 0.558 and 0-2 in the playoffs.

*: and part of that turnaround was already undergoing prior to McDermott, Doug Marrone and Rex Ryan snapped them out of the 6-10 rut they were in for years and McDermott improved on that by all of 1 extra win.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Vrabel is 1-0 vs BB in the playoffs

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Kalli posted:

I mean... is he?

With an absolute HoF QB he was able to run dominant offenses... some times. Has had tons of trouble on the defensive side of the ball most years. I don't think he's as consistent as any of the tier 2 guys

he kept rex ryan's less talented brother employed for years!!!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

sharknado slashfic posted:

I had to google who Sean McDermott coaches so I don't think he's quite there yet
As a Bills fan, I agree.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sharknado slashfic posted:

Yeah I’ll put McDermott in that tier if he wins a Super Bowl. Otherwise...

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
McDermott is headed toward tier 2. He just hasn't been around long enough to get there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oops wrong thread of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

*: and part of that turnaround was already undergoing prior to McDermott, Doug Marrone and Rex Ryan snapped them out of the 6-10 rut they were in for years and McDermott improved on that by all of 1 extra win.

I don’t necessarily disagree about Sean McDermott but this is absolute horseshit.