Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Paul MaudDib posted:

The debate went about as badly as it could possibly have gone short of biden soiling himself live on national television. And I use the term "debate" very loosely - Chris Wallace should be ashamed, although I don't know what I expected from a fox news moderator. I'm done with people playing the "he's one of the good ones Fox keeps around to boost credibility" card though. He's as much of a hack as anyone else at the network.

Fortunately the case against Trump is clear, but Biden didn't convince anyone tonight who wasn't already on his side. He looked old and feeble, he had all the energy and charisma of a moistened paper towel. They gotta up his adderall prescription or something. I can't loving believe this gerontocracy poo poo, we have got to get somebody who's not 80 on the stage. It's loving embarrassing that the DNC loaded the dice for this loving senile old man when we could have had bernie (or even like, someone who's not 80).

Once Biden doesn't have Trump to run against he's going to get blown the gently caress out, 2022 is going to be as much of a bloodbath as 2010 was. Although that may be putting the cart before the horse, you have to hold the seats before you can lose them.

I dropped my ballot off at the clerk yesterday but holy poo poo are dems ever trying hard to make me feel bad about it. The future president of the United States, ladies and gentlemen.

oh, right, aside from "Do tax cuts hurt the economy? And no talking about spending [even though it helps the economy more than the same amount of tax cuts, not just in the long-term but immediately for short-term stimulus]" there was also the time he was completely on Donald Trump's side with the "Can you trust the scientists or not?" question. It took way too long for him to resolve the contradiction by saying "Not everybody works for him". He was asked about Fauci's initial lie and didn't address it, but Biden had so little time to answer that it was probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I normally mainline this debate poo poo but I just couldn't do it this time, the cringe was just too strong, after ten or fifteen minutes of trump talking over biden and the moderator I just muted it and did something else. I tried to unmute it a few times and nope, just too much cringe.

I'm assuming Biden's modafinil script didn't magically kick in halfway through but I feel like that was a safe bet based on the body language involved.

it was like watching someone have a political debate over thanksgiving dinner with your fox news uncle, just endless gish gallops of bullshit and talking over everyone else.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Zeta Acosta posted:

ivanka will totally be the first female us president lmao

kim guilfoyle

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/ciaolivia/status/1311151062267473921

Six people constantly talking over each other in two languages.

lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311385306571042816

hes not wrong

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/dhookstead/status/1311334767049289728

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

hmmm I could see that as voters already having their minds made up and sick of hearing or seeing Trump or... it's because of general apathy. The former if good for Biden and the latter means a trump landslide

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Does anyone have a clip of the moment where they clearly cut Trump's mic? It was kind of obvious because you could see him jawing but no sound was coming out. I can't convince my succ coworker it happened but I thought it was pretty obvious.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

cumshitter posted:

god drat you guys are embarrassing tonight. im not happy biden is the nominee but stop tripping over your own dicks and balls to believe every loving negative thing about biden with zero proof, theres plenty to disagree with already

like what? he had a loving dialysis machine hidden in his suit pumping adrenochrome into him? jesus christ

C-SPAM is HillaryIs44 but for Bernie

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lol trump doesn't even obey laws why would they think changing the rules would work

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rubellavator posted:

lol trump doesn't even obey laws why would they think changing the rules would work

Wishful thinking

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

oxsnard posted:

hmmm I could see that as voters already having their minds made up and sick of hearing or seeing Trump or... it's because of general apathy. The former if good for Biden and the latter means a trump landslide

apathy

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What if we cancel the next debate so we can hold a sons debate?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
hunter and the trump bros in the cage then a 4 hour debate narrated by rogan. now we're cookin

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Giga Gaia posted:

hunter and the trump bros in the cage then a 4 hour debate narrated by rogan. now we're cookin

The ultimate battle between crack cocaine vs. powder cocaine

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Unnamed One posted:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Unnamed One posted:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

where is America's first PCP failchild, where is America's K2 scion

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Two cokes enter! No nose leaves!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Unnamed One posted:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Maximo Roboto posted:

who

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This is apparently all over the place on twitter:

https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/status/1311380433939189760

steelninja
Sep 26, 2015

seattle plague rat posted:

record number of ppl have already voted so im not sure depressing blue turnout is the winning strat
Ballot shredder Go burrrrrrrrrr

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

her schtick is the same as warren's but she's not a snake so lol

steelninja
Sep 26, 2015

Maximo Roboto posted:

Bernie and his rapist friend can gently caress off.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

poo poo, wrong thread.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Maximo Roboto posted:

We dunk on Bernie all the time now, brother. Try to keep up.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

isn’t the next debate a town hall, something biden is more likely to excel at?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

who gives a gently caress about this moron anymore. wow you're sure owning people.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

PhilippAchtel posted:

We dunk on Bernie all the time now, brother. Try to keep up.

Yeah I get that. It's fine to be NoJoe and view Bernie as a traitor and all that, but the vibe does seem to resemble the trajectory of HillaryIs44 minus the racism, especially posts ironically praising Trump. Ressentiment's a hell of a drug.

Radish posted:

Clinton ran a similar scorched earth style campaign against Obama than she did against Sanders, right down to labeling his mean supporters as Obama Boys. The campaign was explicitly racist and designed to rile up conservative Democrats. Once she bowed out and joined his adminstration they saw it as an extreme betrayal and since they were already driven half insane by her campaign it wasn't much for them to latch out of the person against her and they were already primed for racist messaging.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Judakel posted:

who gives a gently caress about this moron anymore. wow you're sure owning people.

are you loving complaining about a congressperson grilling a pharma exec for raising drug prices

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Dustcat posted:

are you loving complaining about a congressperson grilling a pharma exec for raising drug prices

i am complaining about a useless show by a useless puppet

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
by the way, if you think a record number of people having voted is a good thing for biden, consider how many of those people have screwed up their ballots in a way that lawyers will try to disqualify. shredder do indeed go brrrrr

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

judakel you are a powerful poster indeed, because single word usernames can't be spoonerized

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Maximo Roboto posted:

Yeah I get that. It's fine to be NoJoe and view Bernie as a traitor and all that, but the vibe does seem to resemble the trajectory of HillaryIs44 minus the racism, especially posts ironically praising Trump. Ressentiment's a hell of a drug.

Trump is a perfect avatar for everything wrong with America, but he is capable of being very entertaining

I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying it when he's a catty bitch, it's not like it means I don't want to see him tried at the Hague or whatever

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

oxsnard posted:

These aren't mutually exclusive. I think the average comfortable Democrat, what few of them remain, really does despise Trump to go vote against him purely out of anger, but fear of COVID, voter suppression, and apathy from voters that Biden is not just ignoring, but actively antagonizing, are going to give Trump the win. That said, voter turnout has been very high so far, and the olds getting bombed to poo poo 24/7 by MSNBC's former Republican staffer neolib cheerleaders really do loving love Biden.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Maximo Roboto posted:

This is a take, I guess. I don't think any PUMA types were dunking on Hillary post nomination, but other than all the details, you're right it's exactly the same.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Maximo Roboto posted:

the only praise i see for trump is that he is entertaining and bullies joe, which is all true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dustcat posted:

he is.