Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The first presidential debate of 2020 is tonight, starting at 9pm est. It'll be between Joe Biden, a former vice president of a banana republic, and Donald Trump, the current generalissimo of one. It will be moderated by Chris Wallace, a talking head on a pretend news channel who was convinced that jack booted bolsheviks would have executed him if Bernie Sanders had won.

You can watch the debate for free on the CNN homepage or any number of other places, and God help you if you do.

Keep TVIV posting contained to this thread please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

fool of sound posted:

The first presidential debate of 2020 is tonight, starting at 9pm est. It'll be between Joe Biden, a former vice president of a banana republic, and Donald Trump, the current generalissimo of one. It will be moderated by Chris Wallace, a talking head on a pretend news channel who was convinced that jack booted bolsheviks would have executed him if Bernie Sanders had won.

You can watch the debate for free on the CNN homepage or any number of other places, and God help you if you do.

Keep TVIV posting contained to this thread please.

confusing Chris Wallace and Chris Matthews, shameful. close and gas thread

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I'd rather listen to Chris Wallace for an hour than Chris Matthews.

'Cause Matthews would talk non-stop and interrupt everyone and Wallace would mostly be silent.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

goethe.cx posted:

confusing Chris Wallace and Chris Matthews, shameful. close and gas thread

poo poo. gently caress.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Discord Link

https://discord.gg/3K9cg27

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 30, 2020

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

call trump an rear end in a top hat joe, over

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Debates are dumb and never change anyone's minds.

But they are some solid theater.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for one of the two old men to poo poo himself on live TV. I'm ready for this historic moment.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I saw on MSNBC a shot of the debate venue and there is a bunch of seating set up to watch the stage - I thought there wasn't going to be an audience?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I should be foolish for thinking Biden will do good here.

But Trump it turns out is the biggest fool of them all.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Thom12255 posted:

I saw on MSNBC a shot of the debate venue and there is a bunch of seating set up to watch the stage - I thought there wasn't going to be an audience?

Theyre putting cardboard cutouts of the cast of West Wing in the audience.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

fool of sound posted:

poo poo. gently caress.

This but in general.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

fool of sound posted:

poo poo. gently caress.

i got them confused too, its not that bad.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
I effectively don't have a TV, where can I watch this?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I mean, Chris Wallace would have guillotined in the park also, I'd imagine. Maybe a better one than Matthews, even.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dogwood Fleet posted:

CNN website will be streaming it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Youtube I'm pretty sure.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Dogwood Fleet posted:

C-Span is streaming it on YouTube.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Awwww yeah. I'm excited to watch two dudes I hate battle it out to gain control of the drone murder program.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
I will be watching/listening to this against my better judgement. I've tried not to hear Trump speak as much as possible but some part of me is hoping he will majorly embarrass himself tonight (not like it will matter to his supporters).

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Prop bets make this so much better. From an online bookie:

WHO WILL TAKE THE FIRST SIP OF WATER

DONALD TRUMP
+120
JOE BIDEN

WHAT WILL BIDEN SAY FIRST

COME ON MAN OR C'MON MAN
MALARKY
+100

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Do people here still use that other chatroom site--I have no idea what it was called, but it was web-based, we used it in the 2016 election, and the name of the server was #poligoon, I think? Or has everyone moved to Discord?

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
It was an Undernet IRC channel. I think it's all gone to Discord now.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ratspeaker posted:

Do people here still use that other chatroom site--I have no idea what it was called, but it was web-based, we used it in the 2016 election, and the name of the server was #poligoon, I think? Or has everyone moved to Discord?

Discord? Brah, we've all moved onto Slack Mattermost Microsoft Teams mIRC with a custom skin.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I'm a gigantic weakling and can't bear to watch if we're going to have a slow rotting descent into Fascism, or if we're going straight there before year-end.

This probably won't move the needle though, Biden's expectations are six feet under and no amount of Trump making GBS threads himself then setting himself on fire will break his cult.

I think I also know the one and only person who says they're using the debate to decide who to vote for, but they're a Trump voter who doesn't hate Democrats as much as your average person.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TwoQuestions posted:

I'm a gigantic weakling and can't bear to watch if we're going to have a slow rotting descent into Fascism, or if we're going straight there before year-end.

This probably won't move the needle though, Biden's expectations are six feet under and no amount of Trump making GBS threads himself then setting himself on fire will break his cult.

I think I also know the one and only person who says they're using the debate to decide who to vote for, but they're a Trump voter who doesn't hate Democrats as much as your average person.

i think you have it reversed. outside the chuds and the dumb, bidens is expecations are fine/good. trumps are probably 6ft under though. everyone even the chuds know he is gonna suck. its just what type of suck.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Canuckistan posted:

It was an Undernet IRC channel. I think it's all gone to Discord now.

Makes sense. I have fond(?) memories of squatting on that channel during 2016, getting progressively more shitfaced as we all realized what was happening. Hopefully this year has a happier ending.

KillHour posted:

Discord? Brah, we've all moved onto Slack Mattermost Microsoft Teams mIRC with a custom skin.

On the one hand, I only finally got around to downloading Discord a couple months ago. On the other hand, if we use Teams, I have the option of accidentally calling my boss when my fingers slip after too many drinks. Hard to choose!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think you have it reversed. outside the chuds and the dumb, bidens is expecations are fine/good. trumps are probably 6ft under though. everyone even the chuds know he is gonna suck. its just what type of suck.

Yeah, everyone expects Biden to "win," it's just that you can't "win" a boxing match against a vat of hog excrement.

TwoQuestions posted:

I

Bad news for you: that dude (it's a dude, right?) has already decided who to vote for, they're just looking for an excuse

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Can't wait for this shitshow.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It's not fair! You're better than me because you trained and practiced! CHEATER!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

loving lmao

"Mrs Wormwood, this isn't fair, Suzy STUDIED for the test"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Does he have mush brain drooly mouth or is he the Slick Juggernaut of Talky? Jfc it's "Sleepy Joes on speed" all over.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pick posted:

Does he have mush brain drooly mouth or is he the Slick Juggernaut of Talky? Jfc it's "Sleepy Joes on speed" all over.

Neither, it's both.

Biden is a bad public speaker, and if reality contradicts this it's because he drank magic "debate gooding juice" so it doesn't count.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This is gonna be a good one I feel

Ok I plan to be really drunk so i'll enjoy it regardless

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

Ok I plan to be really drunk so i'll enjoy it regardless
:hai:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
e: i cant read, nvm

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1311084592338735104?s=20

Sojourn
Mar 28, 2005
I can’t stand to listen to Trump’s voice so I’ll probably just read the transcripts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
almost time for two train crashes in slow motion