Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

spunkshui posted:

If they were on the ballot when they were not legally allowed to be on the ballot then they’re on the ballot because somebody is breaking the law.

Now which political party would break the laws during the election, gosh I just I can’t put my finger on it.

so republicans can pass a law saying democrats can't be on ballots ever and you'd be totally fine with it? seems like a dumb point to take regardless of it being completely detached from the reality of why the greens were removed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spunkshui posted:

Yes?

I’m not in it to break laws and have like weird political wins that are completely criminal.

why pay attention to politics if you're completely fine with fascism then?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spunkshui posted:

I actually know why they were removed a lot of the time was not paying $5000 filing fee because they would rather keep their donations.

Why bother to pay to put your name on the ballot when you already have peoples money and you don’t loving intend to win?

Wake up!

Trumps going to try to that says ballots don’t matter and the electrical college is how we decide elections because ballots don’t work and they’re full of fraud.

Ask China how this works out.

answer the question: are you completely fine with living in a one party-state as long as it was given a legal fig-leaf

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spunkshui posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress this means.

if republicans passed a law banning the democratic party from being on ballots, you would be okay with this?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If the Moon was made of barbecued spare ribs, would you eat it?

My question has equal bearing and relevance as yours does.

dude has literally said he's okay with the greens being removed from the ballot through legal shenanigans. i want see if he's internally consistent

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spunkshui posted:

I would absolutely not be happy about this which is why I’m trying to prevent it.

Trump is being completely open that his entire election strategy is to say that ballots shouldn’t be legally counted because there’s too much fraud and it’s the electoral college alone that decides who wins.

If that isn’t a law banning us from ever deciding president I don’t know what the gently caress is.

It’s probably technically legal which is the republican party‘s favorite kind of legal.

Edit: for the record I know such a thing would break the country but Kim Jong-un doesn’t need to rule over a country that works.

so then why is it okay when democrats do it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

If they're only ever going to be "poor" at everything then... doesn't this argument just happen again next election?

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/298.html

oh we've been having this argument for nearly a century now why would we stop now

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spunkshui posted:

Democrats are not trying to make the electoral college how presidents are decided.

I am I’m loving done here that’s not even close to reality.

what the gently caress are you talking about? this argument we're having has nothing to do with the electoral college and is instead about who is and is not allowed to be on ballots

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Like I can quite believe that if biden wins there will be another election in 2024 and it won't be significantly more or less unfair than any of the previous ones but I really think it's important to ask what's the plan because mediocre democratic presidents seem to result in worse republican ones if recent trends are anything to go by.

I think there really needs to be a plan for that and if biden committing to mediocrity is good because he needs the swing voters that seems like it might preclude the development of a plan for the next election?

the plan is to waste everyone's time until capitalism has finished killing the planet and then throwing their hands up and going "whoops"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ascii genitals posted:

incentives toward less polluting alternatives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ascii genitals posted:

A new coal or oil power plant would be unprofitable even under the current administration.

and what about natural gas plants from fracking

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

fart simpson posted:

that's "less polluting" you cracked the code

gently caress i should have considered that natural gas plants have cooked their emissions to be technically lower

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ascii genitals posted:

Lets see, the topic is Biden vs. Trump yes? Then I pick Biden.

so the outcome is still massive amounts of carbon pollution that kills the planet regardless of who we vote for! hooray!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm not going to bat for Nazis, I'm begging the Democrats to offer a counter-narrative while the planet burns.

democrats: natural gas?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Less is better than more, but hey, if you want to be an accelerationist, have at it.

and less is worse than zero which is what it needs to be at for the human species to survive

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

His utopian description of the "integrated suburbs" was wildly disconnected from reality and frankly incredibly insulting. If Trump hadn't been shouting unhinged lies constantly Biden's own bizarre statements might have gotten more scrutiny. Luckily for Biden, almost no one remembers a single word he said after that entire debacle.

lol you're right, i completely forgot about the fantasy suburbs he made up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Proud Boys got their name from the Disney Movie "Aladdin". LMAO!

wait what

quote:

Far-right organization the Proud Boys borrowed their name from the song,[145][146] an idea conceived by founder Gavin McInnes.[147] The idea originated in late 2015 when McInnes heard a rendition of "Proud of Your Boy" performed at his daughter's school recital,[76] taking issue with its lyrics which he felt implied "Aladdin was apologizing for being a boy, when actually we should let boys be boys."

why is everything so loving stupid

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Space Gopher posted:

The structure of American politics creates two major parties that hold essentially all national political power between them. It's theoretically possible for a party to collapse completely and be replaced (like what happened to the Whigs), but it's extremely difficult and rare. Meanwhile, we've seen a major political party taken over by an internal movement within just the past decade The racist/nativist wing of the Republicans went from subordinate to the business interests, to vice versa, over the course of the Obama administration. That's why Trump is president instead of Jeb!

It's possible to use the same mechanism for positive leftist change in the Democratic party. And, it's much more likely to be effective than voting for a third party that can't hope to hold power at the executive level without winning a majority across the majority of electoral votes.

If you really want to break the cycle of running towards the center, look at the Tea Party, and emulate what they did for better ends.

my new prediction is with the two parties being virtually identical policy wise, one of them is going to go the route of the federalists and eventually just join the other en-masse

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shammypants posted:

This is the problem, my dude. What if, and hear me out, Biden crushes it, and Howie gets like, no votes. You know, like he's getting 0% google searches? Your entire political life right now revolves around: (1) the ideal case, Biden loses in a close race and the deciding factor is people like you or (2) biden loses big time and you come around showboating and gloating and making absolutely no friends from it. What if.. you know, that doesn't happen?

then i'll probably deregister to vote like i was considering a few months ago

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Loucks posted:

Is this a non sequitur, or does this poster really think Juggalos are a "gang?"

they are a FBI designated gang™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

does anyone know what the gently caress wallace was talking about when he said the election was going to be independently certified? cause it certainly didn't sound like he was talking about when congress meets to certify the electoral college