Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Awwww yeah. I'm excited to watch two dudes I hate battle it out to gain control of the drone murder program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol, this is a joke about Jeffrey Epstein?

Cpt_Obvious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Va_rO8_IY

Does this mean that Trump is the only man that hasn't farted live on national television?

His time has come. Blast some rear end! For AMERICA!

Pretty sure that was actual pants making GBS threads.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rigel posted:

No. Trump has been whining that Biden might get coached through a hidden earpiece and may be on performance-enhancing drugs to make him debate better. To the point where his campaign formally proposed that Biden be tested for both.

I meant that the owner of that ice cream company was on the board of the Wexner Foundation with Jeffrey Epstein.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That was pretty great.

My 12 year old thought it was really funny.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just Chamber posted:

No Joe voters are insane, you'd rather this monster stay in office, Christ.

lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump bringing up drug use while Biden talked about Beau is not going to play well

Biden said that it was a complete fabrication........immediately followed by admitting it was true.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just Chamber posted:

The fabrication was in reference to Beau being dishonorably discharged (I dont know if that's true or not) not the drug use

Well good on Joe then for making some kind of sense.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Popete posted:

Imagine watching that debate and thinking there is even a choice here. Joe Biden loving sucks but the alternative is, I don't even know what the hell that was.

"I am the Democrat party" Joe isn't going to listen to any of us and I'm not going to be fooled into thinking he will.

He doesn't care about global warming, doesn't support M4A during a pandemic, and certainly won't be reforming the police or reigning in wall street.

He hasn't said, or done, anything to deserve my vote.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

How are u posted:

Are you really going to do the whole right-wing thing of calling them the "democrat" party?

I don't know what that is.

I was making light of the fact that Biden started the debate off by saying the he is the Democrat party. lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ElrondHubbard posted:

I can’t begin to comprehend why you feel a candidate must act as your personal sock puppet for legislation to justify voting against the guy currently dismantling democracy by sabotaging voting, encouraging militias to “watch” the polls, and preemptively declaring he won’t cede power.

"personal sock puppet" (lol) seems to imply that I'm refusing to vote for Biden because he didn't do every little thing I wanted. The fact is, Biden isn't promising to do anything at all (he won't even ban fracking for fucks sake), and you're acting as though I should be grateful to vote for him.

The Democrats can either start actually offering to do things we want (instead of going along and voting for Trump's legislative agenda as they have been doing) or they can go in the dustbin of history and (hopefully) get replaced by something better.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fellwenner posted:

All you people whining about how Biden isn't a perfect progressive do realize that you can still organize, stay involved in local and national politics after the election, right? You can call your representatives, senators, &c. and agitate about what concerns you.

You will never get the policies you want without forcing the politicians you elect to move in the direction you want. Just remember that this doesn't stop when you cast your vote. Don't just vote and then go and wish real hard to yourself or bitch on the internet. If you want something you have to force your politicians in that direction, but that doesn't work if you have a president and party who truly do not give a gently caress about you.

I think showing them that we're capable of not voting for them is a way to move them in the direction we want.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nix Panicus posted:

Voting third party indicates you were willing to jump through the hoops required to vote and decided Biden wasn't worth your support. Third party voting is the only way to register disagreement with the democrats, which is why they hate it so much they're actively trying to suppress third parties

B-b-but I though the democrats were the protectors of democracy!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fellwenner posted:

And how has that worked so far? Worked really well for Nader voters in the 00's, also worked really well for Green/Libertarians in '16.

Looking at the Democrats? Not well. Hopefully that party will change, or go away, sooner rather than later.