Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Just casually talking about shoving somebody through in the lame duck session if needed.

The Dems really need to learn how to exercise power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
"I am the Democratic Party". Great bridge-building, big-tent stuff there, Joe.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Neither of these assholes is fit for office.

If Biden can't deal with Trump after four years of him being a raging, lying moron, he has no way of doing anything useful, because that's what the GOP is today.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Fojar38 posted:

I'm not watching the debates I'm only watching this thread and trying to get a read of it by proxy and it sounds like people's criticism of biden is that he isn't acting enough like Trump but 100% of all the visible cringe has also come from Trump

The problem is that Trump is Trump and Biden is Biden. Trump's his same raging rear end in a top hat self and Biden either doesn't know how to deal with that or just can't, so he looks like he's getting walked all over.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

GreatGreen posted:

What Biden did was pretty smart tonight. The "No Green New Deal" and "No Defunding the Police" stuff was 100% to counter Trump's crazy conspiracy theories he's selling to his base about Biden.

If Republican chuds hear from Biden's mouth that he doesn't want to defund the police or take away their guns, they might see a way out. Not all of Trump's base is made of raving lunatics who are only in it for the lols. Some of them want a life raft.

Wonder if that'll make up for the people he pissed off by explicitly denouncing the things they care about.

https://twitter.com/bmoreconnected/status/1311130475713495042

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Fellwenner posted:

You will never get the policies you want without forcing the politicians you elect to move in the direction you want.

I agree. How do you do that if they know you'll vote for them no matter what?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Fellwenner posted:

And how has that worked so far? Worked really well for Nader voters in the 00's, also worked really well for Green/Libertarians in '16.

Well enough that the Democrats are fighting tooth and nail to keep the Greens off the ballot.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Fellwenner posted:

Pick up your phone and call them! Write a physical letter, send an email, go to the local office of your representative, assuming you're not in pandemic lockdown.

And they care about any of that because the downside to ignoring you is . . . ?

Kreeblah fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 30, 2020

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

ElrondHubbard posted:

Please provide examples of particularly complicated legal requirements that were unfair to them. Please exclude any that gave them notice of their error and provided them a period of time to correct it.

https://elections.wi.gov/sites/elections.wi.gov/files/2020-09/2020AP1488-OA%20%2809-14-20%29.pdf

Read the opinion and the dissents.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

OwlFancier posted:

I'm asking because, like, do you not see a conflict between voting for crappy candidates and voting for not crappy ones? Like yeah you can vote left in the primary but if you vote right at the general anyway doesn't that send a much clearer message that nobody needs to tack left?

Like worldwide don't you think there's a story repeated over and over where left representation is utterly disenfranchised and taken for granted by center right types using the threat of the far right during elections and then pandering to them once they're in office?

How does that cycle break?

We saw this tonight, too, with Biden's Louis XIV "I am the Democratic party" poo poo. He aggressively doesn't care about anybody to his left.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

ElrondHubbard posted:

A clerical issue resulting from having multiple conflicting addresses listed on ballots by the campaign isn’t terribly complicated and should have been cleared with evidence to address the discrepancy, not unlike updating an address with the DMV. Apparently there was a delay in appealing the issue, which should obviously have been appealed immediately and ideally prevented altogether.

So what you're saying is you didn't read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Popete posted:

I get that, I feel that too. I just don't understand after everything we've seen over the past 4 years and Trumps dismantling of every institution and decorum and norm and turning the justice department into his personal lackeys, then handing him a victory and affirmation that this was all acceptable will get us anywhere but in a worse place. If Trump gets another 4 years, bolstered by the validation of a 2nd term I don't think we will even have any shred of a real democracy left in 2024 to bring about a sweeping reform candidate.

Trump isn't some sort of weird anomaly. He's the natural result of the Dems continuing to tack right and letting the GOP get away with everything they want because they substantively agree on every economic issue. If Biden wins, it's not like the GOP is going to get any better. They're going to keep getting worse.