Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

loving lmao

"Mrs Wormwood, this isn't fair, Suzy STUDIED for the test"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pick posted:

They're both teetotalers. I wonder how rare that is historically.

Gotta be very rare. Even the Presidents supposedly listed as teetolaters probably were not (Abraham Lincoln is often cited and like... come on, lol). hayes and roosevelt were probably similar keeping-up-appearances and George W. probably fell off the wagon a few times as Prez, so it's like... Millard Fillmore and MAYBE Jimmy Carter.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Looking forward to the upcoming MAGA review bombs and some poor intern having to sit through two four hour meetings about whether the brand needs to issue a statement.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Biden farts and tries to talk his way through it, and Trump pounces like a shark that smells blood.

"Listen, Jack, if you've never just up and ripped one on a stage before, I feel sorry for you. Let me tell you a little story about the Delaware Symphony Opera and the time I got to be an extra tuba..."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cheers, everyone, here's what you say before you drink tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvp3WE1ve4A

Tuning in just now for a minimal amount of the talking heads.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I wish I hadn't stopped drinking.

Presidential debates are all of the Lloyd Bridges quotes from Airplane!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gonna be low energy Trump it looks like.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

....And low energy Biden :/

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

loving Mitch McConnell should be sealed in a tomb beneath the earth for reducing a debate about the Supreme Court justice to "how do we cheat at it?" instead of a discussion of the justice herself.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Good God this is the biggest trainwreck of a debate I have ever seen

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I actually think Biden is doing worse than Hillary, and it's not even his milquetoast liberalism, he just flat out can't talk over Trump. He has things like filled pauses and corrections and they're just enough for this to be The Trump Yelling His Tweets Show.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Herman Cain's ghost getting thrown under the trail in Hell again

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ughhh Joe is loving bombing this poo poo. He's going with dumb responses rather than empathetic responses.

Yeah, the "Get a load of this guy" stuff doesn't work as well as the "Your grandmother died and she didn't have to," but he can't pull off the latter in this format

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think it's Joe Biden's liberal, West Wing-y persona, but I'm suddenly reminded of that debate episode when Bartlet's team wondered if they were going to get "Mr. Fluffy" or whatever.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Trump acting out his "Youre fired" Obama fantasies in real time during the debate is :stare:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Xombie posted:

Lol no, Trump would have fish galloped him too

Yeah, Bernie also engages in a lot of filled pauses. He would have had a hard time getting actual content into these debates as well.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If Joe Biden had not taken the absolute gift he was given to quietly drop the phrase "law enforcement," I think I would have screamed.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Did somebody on Trump's idiot team seriously tell him that Joe Biden was some kind of unsealie fae who couldn't say the phrases "law enforcement" or "law and order" or he would vanish into the aether?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol I hate Biden's answer here but it's probably his best answer in terms of getting elected, gently caress me

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That "name one law enforcement agency" line is, unfortunately, an excellent soundbyte, I don't think Biden has had a "horses and bayonets" moment.

Did........ did the President just announce his support for the loving Proud Bous?!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Boy, this tweeter must have been primed for tonight

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I sort of wish I'd just played Super Mario Sunshine, or possibly just punched myself in the eye.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mr Trump, sir, I must ask you to follow the rules, Mr President, sir, good Mr President... okay, I'm going to return to "Law and Order," we'll start with you, Mr. President...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish I couldn't just hear the word "band-aid" over and over again from Biden here, because it's otherwise a solid, real victory in terms of how he sounds comparatively.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think Donald Trump is some kind of a golem created to induce an unpleasant, unknowable sensation in large portions of the population and some kind of starry-eyed hate for their fellow man in everyone else, I can't conceive of looking at him for any length of time and not feeling sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oh cool, Trump is going full Andrew Johnson, here at the end of all things