Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Glad I tuned in to the Trump v Wallace debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

HD DAD posted:

Because they don’t want to admit they want a second Trump term.

Or because they've decided to vote on principle and policy rather than voting defensively for the 6th or more time in their life. The lesser of two evils candidates has reliably been more evil every 4 to 8 years since at least the 80s, and most people's lives have become steadily more miserable. It's nobody's fault our election system is carefully constructed to ensure that we must pick between one of two choices, neither of which who will ever be a threat to corporate power, and neither of which will make a meaningful impact on the material conditions of working class Americans.

Yea sure I sincerely hope Trump gets the boot, but I am no longer complicit in a system that forces me to choose between steady decline and rapid decline. Moralize all you want, but we'll ultimately be right back here having this same discussion about the next most evil candidate ever.

gently caress the presidency and focus on whatever local candidates you have that are actual progressives. Support them in your city councils or state senates or wherever. Realize that leftism starts at home in your communities, with acts of solidarity and resistance, not on Twitter beating people's brow for not voting for whoever the DNC trots out for us.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

so you want Trump to lose, would be happy he'd lose... but don't want to help that process? Are you going to thank Biden voters for their service at least?

Sure, thank you for voting for the continued style of governance that will almost certainly yield a monster even bigger than Trump in 4 years. Thank you for voting defensively, for the ostensibly better of two establishment candidates, in this election and every election from hereon out until there are no more avenues of life in America to exploit and to bring misery upon. Thank you for choosing to moralize an election between two immoral rich white men and berating people on the internet for failing to see any advantage in voting for your corporatist of choice. Thanks for helping to create a political system that begin and ends with a duo of celebrities vying for the vote of Ken Bone. I am perfectly content to vote for someone who reflects my belief, and as soon as there is a presidential candidate who does so, they will get my vote. In the meantime, I am more focused on local politics where some actual progressive candidates can be found and deserve support. gently caress presidential elections and gently caress anybody who is content with harm reduction until we are all dead.