Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imo RGL probations and ban are justified because "low effort/low quality poo poo posts that don't add anything to the thread" has always been a forum wide rule and "nxt is bad" was only thing they'd post and he'd do it often enough after Takeover shows and like happened that it was low effort trolling back when NXT was good and had great Takeover shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Banning a long standing member of the community for occasionally being a funny crank towards a wrestling company was hosed any way you paint it, come on now

constantly posting "___ bad" and thats it the the thread wasn't funny no matter how long they posted on the forums

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what a sack of poo poo lowtax is lying about something as simple as a search function for his site

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its real hosed up seeing a search bar at the top of the threads now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
everyone runs the loving "look at this dude" one into the ground. this isn't the first time people have said they're tired of it and its not funny after being ran into the ground literally anytime people bring adam cole up

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ohhhh nnononono hahahaha

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
LOOK AT THIS DUDE!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Seth Rollins posted:

he never said that

he's 6 foot you son of a bitch

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
you're safe if you're already weird

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Imo people should stop engaging with wwe in general like how the old tna threads used to go

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
not here as an attack but as someone who doesn't get most of cav's posts and a lot of them seem like nonsense sometimes, am i missing something? are they funny posts or genuine posts?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thanks for the cavs posts, they dont bother me one way or another and i just scroll past them, but i understand if people take something from them and dont find them malicious

also of my opinion that no one likes to use the ignore function in this subforum and that sa and the forums haven been funny in years

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
no such things will happen

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
streetbeefs made me uncomfortable and reminded me of bum fights

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

i think it should be made plain to people to use the ignore function or to learn how to scroll past posts if they're not a fan of the poster instead of reporting every post they make like a knob.

e; especially since it turns into a mess every time. i don't think every report should be met with a probation unless its pretty obviously needed. sometimes a 'knock it off' pm or warning post in the thread works wonders. i think mekchu and brut have a pretty firm grip on things in the mma side of things, there are fewer posters sure but some very clashing personalities, and it pretty much self moderates pretty well.

probably sounds mean, but no one in this subforum seems to know how to use the ignore function if how everyone reacted to rovert is any proof. I feel like enough people hated him posting that enough would have had him on ignore and any thread he posted in wouldn't have been a constant derail even from even his most benign posts. but maybe people dont use the ignore function because no one clicks on people's profile pictures to ignore people

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

i kind of feel like we have outgrown SAS and could probably split off into our own forum proper in The Finer Arts

Nah

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people already post in the wwe threads by their own free will

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
:justpost:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
since the other thread was locked, do you gotta be nicer about wwe and nxt likers in the wrestling IMPact zone since its about not posting about the serious and political reasons wwe is bad

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

watching poo poo you hate just to make yourself mad isn’t the way of light

so what you're saying is stop posting and reading the threads then....

collocation posted:

I wasn't really aware that it was a wrestling comedy forum as I bought my account to see threads on the alt right acting goofy when they were blocked to non-subs, discovered there was a wrestling forum after the fact, and haven't really interacted with the rest of the site yet. Some of what I post is funny to me in the "wow, that was stupid as gently caress. wtf." sense, but if the larger point of the forum is comedy, I can see where it could come across as a somewhat atypical place to post a fair amount of it.

something awful was supposed to be a funny forum but it hasnt been funny in a decade so thats why the wrestling subforum also wasnt funny

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is the wrestling impzone only for wrestling fans or is mma and other punch sport/grappling allowed or are those threads better at doing both since it's real people being mostly real

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Buttz Krew is back

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
brut handles most the mma stuff i think right? i remember people posting in the the qcs thread that most of them roll with the punches and just post so being reminded that most fighters are rear end in a top hat pieces of poo poo doesnt bother them or take away most the joy of the thing they're watching. but also they're watching a thing where they're cheering for some one getting their poo poo beat so maybe that's the difference idk.

also sa has always had general forum "rules" of "is this post low content by either offering nothing to the conversation, being off topic, or just not funny because you can report it and get probated for it"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
humor is subjective

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
honestly think most of it is projecting that people that are aware and want to talk about that bad poo poo in media they like arent having fun and enjoying their hobby. if no one was having fun i'm sure people wouldnt be posting so much about how they love aew, chocopro, or tjpw

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
excited for all these posting enemies to posting friends story arcs.

are people allowed to say a match felt too dangerous with head and neck bumps or is that too much concern posting for the chill fun club

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

neoaxd posted:

I'm only gonna talk about how matches aren't dangerous enough. i want blood.

nick gage didnt literally kill RSPUSSY like he promised so he's dead to me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

It's become a running joke that the weekly AEW threads turn to poo poo after a few days, and that's probably a bad sign!

This is nothing new because wwe discussions threads back in the day always got bad and restless when the only wwe poo poo to discuss was dumb breaking news poo poo.

I have a question for people that want to avoid the depressing and lovely reminders of wrestling, why do people want to name the subforum after a text message someone sent after he killed his family and before killing himself? Is it just because were making fun of it? Do people need to joke more about the Bucks being homophobic, Drake Younger being a qanon guy and Joey Ryan being an abusive ghoul?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
we like wrestling, there is no normal

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I dont think this subforum moves as fast as people think, it's just that no one really feels like posting in any of the single topic non discussion threads

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
genuine question, whats the tipping point between wishing bad things on people who have been bad people, is it just if they keep doing cool stuff in wrestling instead of sucking afterwards or where they work

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Dont know but it would be cool to leave y’all to struggle sesh that one out while I sip some margs in the chill forum

idk you dont really seem that chill about people not posting right

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i think will ruining a rape victims life and career is more than just "is an rear end in a top hat", now jericho, that's a guy thats just an rear end in a top hat.

i hope everyone gets what they want from all of this, a cool forum where people can post without caring about things and posters being able to wish death on people that have harmed others without upsetting people :)

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 20, 2021

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people should just post the threads they want so bad, nobodies stopping them

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tato posted:

You say this but you know the very second a wrestling cover is posted that has Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Jake Roberts, or any wrestler who has ever lived, someone will be there to crush all joy in the thread. And anyone who tries to mock or have fun with the joy killers will be probated.

You can’t post with love and fun in this forum. It’s not compatible. No one is interested in just having fun and making hilarious threads, they just want to fight or argue and always in bad faith.

Make the new forum.

who cares what someone else posts, just keep posting the funny poo poo. why is everyone being so loving bothered about what other people post. People have been fighting and arguing in these forums since before this subforum started. this its nothing new and its just how public posting sites have worked forever.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

you're afraid if the new subforum gets created you'll be locked up in here with the joyless posters, and quite frankly i do not blame you

i would simply go back to not posting

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mob posted:

there are two wolves inside of me and both of them are red and black awoooooooo wolfpac is back causin mass destruction

gonna turn my back on you

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
free mob

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Thats how wrestling works, why not posting about wrestling too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

The only perverts in this forum are the Naito fans

all wrestling fans are perverts because they enjoy watching half naked people hurt themselves for our enjoyment