Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Why was Seth Rollins given 2 Ramping Probations® for the same post? I am confused. Death threats are bad. I want to post peacefully with all the friends on this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Mekchu posted:

Oddly the combat sports folk have had zero issue with saying funny things that dont violate the rules nor seem to have any major issues with the guidelines on what is or isn't acceptable either.

I would say plenty of humor is able to created under these rules. At least on our end :shrug:

thats because jerusalem doesnt read the mma threads

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i think part of the issue that is being presented here, though i cannot speak for the probated posters, is that they find what they can be probated for to be arbitrary. this causes a decline in the quality of posts, for fear of eating a probation they cannot see coming or understand, which leads to a broader watering down of forums culture and what people feel comfortable posting. as i alluded to before with mekchu, you dont read the mma threads so those posters have been saying the posts they like unfettered by this worry, and as a result their forums culture is very different than the wrestling side of fight island. now that they are moderated by someone that is part of the same posting culture they dont expect to see a shift in expectations or punishable posts, so nothing has changed for them. i hope you can see where this perspective may be coming from.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

part of self governance is the ability to determine the structure of that governance. let us vote on name and shaming imo

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i agree, train escape artist to this forum like they did to koos group in fyad back in the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

wonder if this forum will ever get a wrestling mod that is here more than 4 hours every couple days. wondering out loud.