Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's real cool that people complaining about good posters being driven off this forum created an environment where CJ2 got driven off this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yea ok posted:

Oh, is that what happened? He was "driven off this forum" because of 10 posts of criticism and feedback in the feedback thread? From people who have generally advocated and praised him as IK? While the rest of the forum is the same as it's been?

Someone sent him a death threat

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just PMd you J-Ru. Sorry if posting here wasn't the right way of handling this. Shutting up now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Orange Carlisle posted:

I can't be the only one thinking the PM sender should be named, shamed and permabanned right

It wasn't sent through the site

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It was sent anonymously from a burner email, there's no way to know who sent it

J-Ru, I'm sorry for continuing the discussion but I figured people should know why 'just ban them' isn't a workable solution

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress Lowtax lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The point of a 6er is that it is short. So short.

It's actually 5 and a half hours, the site just says it's longer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STAC Goat posted:

And my guess is a few of those posters who ate probations for it feel those probations were arbitrary and part of the problem while others probably feel they were deserved and basically a called bluff to that thread rule.

Fwiw as one of the people probated I think they were all deserved including mine

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As the OP of that thread (whatever that's worth lol) I found Liquid Communism's post to be pretty spiteful and bitchy just because he thought Cav was making a joke entry just because it was about CM Punk. It really felt like LC was trying to dictate what Cav was allowed to like and allowed to not like which I'm not a fan of. Just cause you like Punk and I like Punk doesn't mean aren't allowed to think his gimmick was bad. I didn't report it cause I barely ever use that function except for slurs but it was a really weak post all the same.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Naming and shaming is just going to make everyone more mad about owning their posting enemies, it would be a disaster

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
karmicknight how do you feel about vinceflex?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
*checks Leper Colony*

Oh thank god

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bard Maddox posted:

bring back Punchsport Pagoda imo

:hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Senerio posted:

So this is something that I feel is a universal issue, but I wanted to address it here because most of my posting nowadays is in here:

Please stop using "Stop that." (or similar messages) for reasons for sixers. By just doing that, people can't, at a glance, tell what lovely thing the poster has been probated for. By doing that, it makes it less likely that this poster will get more of a ramp for being a persistent shithead.

Agreed, being clear in probe reasons is really helpful for everyone but especially the person who's been probated

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Accept no substitutes :hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's not really a problem if you're using your bookmarks, I never have any issues. Sure you can't browse the main forum until you've watched it but it's not like there's that many new threads going up in PSP

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just looked at the main forums page and what the gently caress. No one even likes poker

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

This isn't complaining about someone getting a sixer because who cares but making the reason for that sixer "I the mod don't want to read this" is a bad reason to write down.

I checked the probe and I think you're doing kk a disservice here cause he also called the post "a gross observation" and when I clicked through it was a gross observation and I didn't want to read it either. Like if he'd just written what you quoted it would be bad but the reason as stated is pretty obvious in the intention.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's why I tried to go pretty soft. Good probe, bad reason, and if it's a good probe you can figure out a better reason.

But the reason was fine though?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

the mod should say that instead

He did though, that's my point

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Copying BYOB's acronym would be very un-BYOB

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, it would go on my list of possible name changes, but only in the event of a forum-wide BYOB prank.

Please suggest this in the mod forum for this year's April Fool joke

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

a thread for cool old archival stuff would be nice, especially if it also covers stuff like obscure old indie matches

most of the more specific threads usually end up talking about current events

I've been watching my way through old wrestling from like 1970 to the present so I'd dig the hell out of this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not doing writeups this time :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

I just read that qcs thread lol. Just make threads and tell people to gently caress off if they're being weird

I didn't even know there was a QCS thread, lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Make a forum for all of my posting enemies and send them all there wait why am I now the only one here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WatermelonGun posted:

yeah that’s what the people want

:holymoley:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The PSP forum is a broad church

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Will you still be able to hate on WWE for the non-political seizure inducing jump cuts?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tweak posted:

when will we have the one night a year where the forums collide?

Not until I've used my Quarterly Forum Invitational

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every poster is your enemy in a battle royale

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CarlCX posted:

the trick is to disdain all posters but none more than yourself

Way ahead of you, buddy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MotU posted:

can't wait for the Enclosed Pool Area to ask for another sub-sub forum because they can't handle someone saying "Christian is a Dirt Man and Sucks" or something like that

The only solution is a forum for every poster so we can all post exactly the content we want to see

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Friends, my last post wasn't meant to be serious

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

I’ll subscribe to your onlyfuc

:popeye:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

let the good people have their forum

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

if I am anyone’s enemy can we please be friends instead.

No there's only one way to settle this:

LETHAL

LOCKDOWN

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Punch Suplex (Tokyo Joshi) Pro › Rules and Feedback Thread: On-Topic Posts Only

:popeye:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey now this week the AEW discussion thread turned to poo poo in one day :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Come at me karmic I do not fear you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)