Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A lite subforum for PSP sounds like a fine idea and I can empathize with the idea of "I would like to post about Chris Jericho or Darby Allin being great wrestlers and great business movers without having to slap on forty asterisks that I don't condone" the lovely things they may or may not have done in their personal lives" (and full disclosure, I'm absolutely guilty of doing this where the fucker is involved and have been trying to chill out on it lately). But the way it was argued for kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess most of the people being pricks about it weren't actually even posters here and were just drive-by whining about whatever weird problems they have with Games or CSPAM but, what the gently caress, collocation's thread isn't hurting anybody. If they wanna catalog all the times Jerry Lawler was a shithead, that's their prerogative and nobody else has to read it.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, there's a line somewhere between "it's okay to make fun of stuff" and "that people didn't go out of their way to mock this into oblivion and it wasn't gassed is proof of how much this subforum sucks", when like....dude, I had no idea it even existed until today but even if I had, going out of my way to try and destroy it would have been such a profound loving waste of my and anybody else's time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw somebody said cav or yea ok for IK of this place and I wanna +1 that. If this place would have a similar tone as reading their posts it is, imo a good thing for the subforum.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

part of my last post was cut off and i don't remember what it was

cartwheel. The rest of the post was cartwheel.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They already paid to unban themselves, so can we just cut the bullshit and perma them? Please?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 8, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dangerous Person posted:

After the first poo poo fit I looked at the reg date and figured it was Ichibahn

See, when the transphobia happened my money was on Gonzo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would like the chance of that person posting on this sub again to be as close to 0 as possible but Shine's explanation strikes me as pretty reasonable, honestly!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

The only perverts in this forum are the Naito fans

We am used to the slings and arrows of the unwashed. We, much like Naito, are much like Jesus in that way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have a lot of feelings on this. It's annoying to me that as somebody else very accurately termed it, being flippant or dismissive is being equated to being cyber-bullied. It's annoying to me that the point of this place is to try and be funny and amuse each other and that's being characterized as a bad thing. It's really, really, really annoying to me that this discussion about criticizing AEW keeps getting framed as Well-Reasoned Well-Meaning Good Faith Critiques vs. Psychotic Overly Defensive AEW Fans. I am really sick of that framing and I find it so much more insulting than any of this alleged clubhouse behavior.

But mostly, just like.

This is just so motherfucking stupid. I'm actually kinda pissed off that this whole thing seems to have legitimately hurt yea ok's feelings because like. They didn't do anything? People are scared of them? That's legitimately one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. I've had tons of disagreements with yea ok, but if you just ask them to act serious and sometimes even if you don't, they'll drop the shtick and take you seriously and speak to you in a real, genuine, empathetic way. If somebody is legitimately scared of yea ok, it means they didn't even loving try to talk to them because I cannot even conceive of how you could feel that way if you actually tried to have a real conversation with them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, rationally Lid is just the one who still feels the forums are worth posting in and fighting for. Others are explicitly saying they don't.

Lid posted:

Sorry to everyone I had to catch up on all this and still reading the previous well 200 posts.

This right here is why I willingly did something others in the replies labelled a massive whiny embarrassment of showing my own rear end. Because finally we are having this conversation.

Good posters, so many, just don't post because it's not worth it and have shown up in this thread with thoughtful explanations of why and why it wasn't worth it.

I want this place to be bigger and better and I love wrestling and AEW. If it meant being labelled for doing it whatever, we're finally having an actual dialogue rather than pretending there isn't a problem.

Speaking of hero vs. villain framing. Jesus Christ.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

You once made up Max Caster raps to get mad at and then shame others about. I would take this all a lot more seriously if everyone who's mad about the toxic atmosphere and not being taken in good faith also didn't have a long history of making things up, flipping out on people, wishing wrestlers would kill themselves, accusing people of being racist with no evidence, and a general crusader attitude.

Or haranguing a dude for a literal year and a half all over the subforum because he thought a run-in angle stunk!!!!!!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

This might not be directed at me but thank you for saying this because you've hit the nail - this is a chance to assess the cultural enforcement, including me. I have been called out for being a dick to MJeff and MJeff is loving right, I was out of line dunking on him not letting something go. In that I was part of the problem and directly contributed to a good poster stopping by using the very behaviours I'm now railing against.

I'm trying to be better than I was too.

Again I am so sorry MJeff and those feelings I gave you are the same ones I recognise as needing to stop. I might be a hypocrite for being the one now saying it but I'm trying to not be that person anymore. I respect you immensely.

If you wanna make it up to me, take a step back, do what you're asking everybody else to do and really try to look at what the people that disagree with you are saying and try to read what they're saying as things being said by people with feelings. Not a clubhouse, not overly defensive fans, people with feelings of their own, just like the people you're trying to argue for.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's going to be literally impossible for this conversation to progress at all if every response that isn't complete agreement and acquiescing is characterized as hostile and defensive and thus automatically not worth acknowledging.

Which is basically the whole issue. Again, the constantly framing of Well Meaning Good Faith Critique vs. Psychotic Overly Defensive AEW Fan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

It is but its because this is headed in a direction of "everyone's got it out of their systems let's just go back and have some laughs again" like it's a thing to blow over and we're all friends and this was just a moment. But it's not, this has been going for months upon months and "the way things are" is the problem so if we just go back it might as well have been this conversation never happened at all. There needs to be some meaningful change.

Hell currently the AEW thread is outstanding at this moment as people are talking to each other and it feels great. Could be my imagination but it could also be people are stopping to think "is what I'm about to write helpful, funny, encouraging or something that isn't mean?" and its incredible. If the thread now is how it always is and will stay then job done :).

It's galling to me that you're trying to take credit for improving the subforum while just completely loving ignoring a bunch of people's distaste for this situation and how they were treated in it, particularly yea ok, in this very thread, right now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Your posting tends to be acidic and abrasive and people find you scathing. They're scared of you."

"This isn't about me and you."

gently caress off.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Acclaimed thing didn't annoy me because I took it to mean "if you like the Acclaimed, you like Trump." It annoyed me because it was comparing a black, gay wrestler to Trump. And I really don't wanna hear about how I'm misinterpreting or that that's not what happened because that's literally, factually, what happened.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spermgod posted:

if he already wanted out before the match why didnt he just walk out rather than going out like a geek

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yeah I'm gonna go with "what."

How is this probable at all muchless for 18 hours? The reason given is total gibberish. Did somebody miss the post they were actually aiming for or something?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I consider anything that's going to require you to have a full night's sleep before you can post again a "long" probe.

But even as a sixer, that probe would've strained credibility and I think a probe has to be pretty drat bad if it's like "what the gently caress" even as a sixer.

Alaois posted:

right now i'm more curious who reported the posts because lmao

lol yeah who the hell is running around reporting posts on behalf of Jonathan Gresham.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Biggest Naito lover.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
24 hours may have been a bit long but that was a needlessly rear end-y post, it deserved a probe In My Opinion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Our Kidd Bandit posters are our greatest resource and must be protected. But if NN apologized and Shard is okay with it I would agree that a reduction so that NN can be around for The Biggest Dynamite Ever would probably be a net positive for the subforum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That guy sucked he just lied to J-Ru a bunch and then when all of his lies came out he went and did an auto-ban instead of facing the music.