Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ItohRespectArmy posted:

what if we call the subforum CBT sports

Hell yeah for Cock and Ball Torture Sports, brought to you by Eric Prindle vs Thiago Santos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cavauro posted:

the poker forum must be placed elsewhere. i must click on the last subforum to enter here

Same

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Really, poker should be a sub forum of Trad Games

It's clearly not a real sport like pro wrestling

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Did you know that by simply clicking on the thread title header

You can sort threads by most recently created? My favorite forums feature that no one knows about because there's no UI for it.

Yo, this is a loving revelation. I had absolutely no idea such a feature existed. Thank you for posting it.

I'm old & stuck in my ways & as I have always browsed forums by going onto a sub-forum & looking at the index for the stuff I'm interested in rather than bookmarking threads, that's how I still do it. Change is scary even if it is more efficient. Besides, maybe it means missing a fun new thread. Or an exciting new development in another thread. Etc

Just want to agree that bare minimum there needs to be another mod for the wrestling side of the sub because Junpei just isn't doing it. Probably there should also be an IK for the AEW threads in particular as they are by far the most active & by that nature the most chaotic, but I suppose good luck finding someone who satisfies "both sides" (an oversimplification but my toast just popped).

Also posters absolutely need to accept the mindset that a 6 hour probe is not even worth rolling your eyes at. It's nothing. Even 24 hours isn't worth getting worked up over regardless of whether you think the justification is bullshit. That's just part of the charms of SA at the end of the day.

I'd like to think there's a place for both people who take wrestling too seriously & people who enjoy wrestling but like to have a goof from time to time. Or all the time for that matter.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It should probably be a probatable offence to complain about probes less than 24 hours long.

I'm a sad man and still found that a 24 hour probation was no big deal, and probably the least I deserved for posting in D&D

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

perhaps you could eat all the awful probes that happen in this subforum, for the good of everyone!!!

But then you'd miss out on all my good posts, that coincidentally happen only in threads you don't read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thanlis posted:

I haven't forgotten about this, it's just a pain in the rear end trying to parse through all the ways we specify matches. But I'm pretty close:

code:
% ./scrape-video.py
Match: MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey - WCPW '93 Til Infinity 6/10
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0MlLCCmaTw

Match: HM: Laredo Kid vs. Taurus vs. Willie Mack, AAA Gira Aniversario XXX, March 13 -
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8zVo9wdtrg

Match: HM 20th February Sendai Girls Acceleration Night 3 Miyuki Takase & Ryo Mizunami vs Reiwa Ultima Powers (DASH Chisako & Hiroyo Matsumoto)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5H6j_KnCg

Match: MOTYC 20th February Sendai Girls Acceleration Night 3 Sendai Girls Tag Team Titles Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu) vs Manami & Mika Iwata
Video: https://youtu.be/9rQ7-5ZWWPo
If anyone has other video URL patterns I should be looking for let me know, that'd be helpful. I have YouTube, Twitch, and I know I need to go back and look at all of forkboy's posts because he knows all the Japanese video hosts.

The major ones that I check when I want to share something are VK.com, archive.org (for real, a whole host of 2022 poo poo has started turning up there, including episodes of Dynamite & Rampage), youku.com. BilliBilli is also worth checking although the specific account I followed stopped uploading new stuff.

Orange Carlisle posted:

being made a mod for winning a contest seems more like wishing slow burn insanity on someone instead of giving them a prize it's just mean

you never come out the other side the same person you were when you went in

The sole responsibility of an IK who won a competition is comedy sixers