Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
As official "poster with a Chocopro avatar" I feel the need to say that they are not an exclusively comedy promotion, the workrate often varies highly depending on the match, and the production value is a part of the charm. If you can't handle the yelling then fine, but I would encourage folks to watch a few episodes before making an overall judgement call.

I've linked an example of workrate Chocopro from their 100th episode so that we can put these filthy rumors to rest. Timestamped for when they start introducing the first match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNhj5Awai0&t=523s

So now shut the gently caress up about it and definitely don't call me a pervert for enjoying it. EMF has also called me psychotic for enjoying a wrestling show but he did it in EPA and I quickly learned that's a lawless land for people to insult each other and not have to defend their lovely opinions and it's not for me.

Great jokes, EMF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sandman McMahon posted:

No one actually thinks you’re a pervert, op

not what the post was about?

thanks for the apology EMF

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sandman McMahon posted:

You’re right, I’m sorry. I will shut the gently caress up about it and definitely not call you a pervert.

If you don't know the difference between spreading some dumb fake opinions vs actually thinking them then I don't know what to tell you

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sandman McMahon posted:

Your last paragraph in the big post made it seem like you were taking this really dumb topic way too personally so I made fun of that. That’s literally it.

the last paragraph definitely was personal because it was about other interactions and repeat behavior, not just this topic. i mentioned it and it's squashed which I think is how things should work, but i guess i'll accept your ridicule if you think that was stupid.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

yea ok posted:

examples?

one just popped up in the AEW thread!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"we've talked about a problem before, therefore we shouldn't talk about it again" doesn't really apply when everybody has their own experiences and breaking points and there are new wrinkles to things every week

nobody's gonna criticize you for not taking part in a conversation, but it's pretty hosed up imo to try and stamp out those conversations because you think nothing has changed from your perspective

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Ewww, how do you report a gangtag? Thought the EPA was an acknowledgement that we don't want that gross poo poo here, not an invitation to attach someone's jerkoff list to every post

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
seems that's the purpose it was serving if it was keeping the jerkoff content quarantined, doesn't mean we need to find a new home for that poo poo all of a sudden

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

just dont look at it lol

it's not about me, i've already blocked the image. i don't think we're a community that flaunts jerking off to wrestlers and if it kept me from having a relaxing morning then it's 10x worse for someone else.

thanks, but it doesn't seem like there's much difference in creating a post there vs talking about it here? if anything more people will see it here, so i guess people can speak up if they have an issue with it like i do.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

IGgy IGsen posted:

Have you... like... uh... ever looked at the Enclosed Pool Area??? Or even just the jerk-off thread? What do you think was happening in EPA exactly?

I noped right out of there after that thread showed up. I'm sure it was one big joke to some people, but it's not a welcoming environment for a lot of others.

I don't want to randomly be subjected to a "joke" masturbation list at any given moment while browsing, but I'm willing to take the L and shut up about it if I'm in the minority here. I've taken care of it on my end so it's done.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

tao of lmao posted:

Very funny people thought it was serious.

The conversation is over but if you're gonna run in here to add your two cents, please don't re-write my complaint. A list of women's names with the header of "jacked off to" is a disgusting thing I don't want to see, regardless of any context.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Fright Island year round please

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
you should ask in every thread

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Do we have a match request/recommendation thread anywhere?

The General Questions thread could probably serve that purpose
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898193

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I've had problems with this place in the past, and I still sometimes groan at the dismissiveness of some posters here, but I don't think anything needs to change.

If you think one or more people are behaving inappropriately then you can speak up and call them out in the moment, rather than calling out every poster you've held a grudge with for the past 6 months because someone made a general statement about getting dunked on. That doesn't do anyone any good.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

most of the good EPA threads have a place in PSP, but definitely create somewhere to quarantine this poo poo

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LividLiquid posted:

Frankly, I'm tired of leaving spaces because saying bigotry and misogyny are bad is seen as causing trouble.

Some people here are certainly dismissive about these topics, but it's important to acknowledge that people had a much bigger problem with the extreme comparisons you made (both then and now).

Please continue to call out bigotry and misogyny when it happens. There's no need to invent more of it beyond that.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
way too early to close the thread, lots of stuff still coming out, one poster who's barely interested should not be the authority on the matter

please re-open it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
drop this in there when you do, tia

https://twitter.com/JoanJetsonRCS/status/1557511628014243840?s=20&t=RivdQqbfQuleQF6576hVSA
https://twitter.com/JoanJetsonRCS/status/1557511642430132225?s=20&t=RivdQqbfQuleQF6576hVSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight posted:

sure whatever.

thank you