Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

I myself did PM a mod and was told that

also that they were asking about it. Never heard any more.

Yah that's the thing. The people most upset by it probably aren't posting anymore.

I don't have any trust in the mods anymore. They are the ones that make me feel unwelcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

You ate a couple probs for a social faux pas.

I have an issue when I get a 24 hour prob because I find it easier to post gifs using twitter and I see posts just being openly mean to people get nothing. I have an issue when I eat a prob for this and meanwhile someone is allowed to buy an AV for an openly trans poster who is my friend and nothing is done about it because it would be bad form. That's bullshit. But what do I know, I'm cringe and a mod and their peers all agreed upon it.

I think you're cool yea OK. If it makes any difference to you.

Shard fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 20, 2022

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Why do you care what the mod and their friends down at the elementary school think of you?

I guess I care because I really like this place. I thought we came along way since when I first started posting here in 2005. I've been through a lot of poo poo in life and this place is a constant. I have friends here who I have known longer than any of my friends from "real life". And I thought most were pretty cool with me. But then it's like this splash of cold water that actually no apparently I'm this big loser who the people at the top can take away my ability to post any time they think I'm cringe. It's certainly stuck with me

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Probably because they keep getting probated by them, like, duh. I genuinely don't get why someone using twitter as image host is a 'social faux pas' at all because that personally strikes me as a real weird thing to get pissy about.

Thank you I appreciate that. You're really cool and I consider you a good friend.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lamuella posted:

I'm going to propose keeping all the bickering about the AEW thread in this thread and using the AEW thread to talk about wrestling.

cool man (I sincerely agree)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I miss him already. Does he work on Beetlejuice rules where I can summon him by repeating his name?

STONE COLD 64
STONE COLD 64
STONE COLD 64

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

You just banned him.

dang it that is the one thing I didn't wanna happen

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Or posting a gif as a tweet

You rule

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MotU posted:

I reported every gif posted as a tweet

aw come on partner :(

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have a list too. A list of friends and partners. Yeehaw

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

Cool, good to know that when someone makes a good faith post that includes criticism of something AEW did or didn't do, people can treat them like they have Alzheimer's but they can't fire back telling the assholes to gently caress off without being treated like they're actually the problem because they're "full of themselves" or whatever bullshit you're talking about

If people who repeatedly get picked on for no good reason get upset then they're actually wrong and their feelings are invalid and they're also probably brain damaged. Awesome culture we're fostering here

And if your definition of "funny" is "a joke made at another poster's expense" and that's the only kind of post you can laugh at then all I can say is take a good hard look at yourself for a second. Do you actually want to talk about pro wrestling in the pro wrestling threads or are you just hunting for posts that you can dunk on? And please for the love of all that is good stop hiding behind the "this is a ~cOMedY FOrUm~ and we're all brain poisoned by the internet and you have to deal with it" as an excuse for being a shithead for no good reason. That's coward poo poo to avoid changing how you treat other people

Oh and since it's been brought up multiple times, I would love to have The Enclosed Pool Area back. It was awesome and it kinda sucked that almost nobody posted in it for the last couple months before it got deleted

Bolded parts mine - when anyone posts a valid point but then also adds flavoring like this all I can think is that comes across as very rude. I've been too rude in the past as well and I think we would all enjoy things more if we try not to be as antagonistic. Sorry for specifically pulling apart your argument but it specifically had the kind of thing that has been bothering me. I still think you're pretty cool.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mostly agree. Shard getting a full day for posting a Twitter link was a Bad Probe imho. Could have been a “stop doing this” and then a 6er if needs be 🐝. I like karmicknight in general, had a good dm with them a year or so ago over a probe. Think they’re a good mod mostly. All love!!!!!!!!! This is old !!!

I appreciate the support. But I get it - it's not something done. So I am trying to learn other ways to post gifs and pictures.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://imgbb.com is the easiest I’ve found for gifs. Works fine on mobile as well

Critical posted:

SALR extension has a drag and drop imgur uploader built into the reply window if you're on desktop. Not sure about mobile.

Thanks for the tips :)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have the main page PSP bookmarked and just hit my numbers on my usual threads. When I'm feeling really bored at work I might go into PYF

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah you gotta stand up and support it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I hate Adam Cole deeply and people let me post in there. They might roast me over it but I mean, my hate is weird.

Join me, let’s bully Adam Cole Togetha

I love to hate Adam cole

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Am I racist if I don't know any country music stars?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've dabbled in a little bit of Neil Young

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

fuuuuuuccckkkkkkk lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Brut posted:

I can't sticky a thread that doesn't exist :shrug:, :justpost:

If the thread sucks I won't stop people from making fun of you for it though.

Still waiting to hear from you about contest ideas, unless the gif you posted conveys way more information than it lets on.

Was this the gif?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

As the person that post was about I just want it known that NienNumb sent me a very nice apology a little bit afterwards and I sent Karmic a PM saying I don't think a prob was needed.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've apologised nearly every time I've been probed. The only time I didn't was when I was probed for cursing out that guy who worked for Saudi and was being a poo poo.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Punk is winning.

Dang why did I speak up for this guy!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

He's acting like a real poo poo right now in the GDT though! He said Punk was gonna win and now he's trying to jump on the team mox bandwagon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

This is a big night for us Moxheads, let’s not be divided over hearsay and innuendo.