Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I was bad at sniping and still am but went through the trouble of getting diamond on them. It wasn't too hard, and actually did most of it on faceoff 6v6, Mansion map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ1CwPhE8KQ

Linking on both threads for this upcoming bad game

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i never used pistols in this game but i tried out the dual diamattis you get free in the battlepass and took out 12 dudes the first time i used them. these are insane.

also theyre absolutely going to nerf the tec9 but im going to enjoy running around like doomguy hipfiring at everyone before they do. this thing is broken as hell.

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 20, 2021

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
it's bizzarro that the tec9 is the first gun in the game that goes semi>burst>auto with muzzle attachments

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

funkmeister posted:

it's bizzarro that the tec9 is the first gun in the game that goes semi>burst>auto with muzzle attachments

i havent unlocked full auto yet but with the burst and only the 1st hipfire attachment its super accurate.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Stu, make the thread

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stu please rate the games correctly this time around

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i take it back dont nerf the tec9 i like being able to fight back against quickscope ninjas with it.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
The Teufelsberg map is fun and while geographically a little inaccurate you get to see the Berlin TV tower :3:

It’s pretty big and confusing but you always have a good flow, but I only played it on Kill Confirmed so far. The season 5 rotation seems to heavily favor Drive-In, which is ok too but kind of long-range.

Also got the Tec9, it’s cool. Didn’t expect it to be burst fire. The slums map on Hardpoint is fun too, some varied positions.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New COD MP reveal is going on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyd44qL8QVQ

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i hope they keep the 12v12 mode that was the most fun i had with cold war. i burned out on it pretty hard though and it seems like the player count must be dropping because i keep ending up in games with the same people 3 or 4 times in a row.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I know COD is a bigger franchise when it comes to name recognition. But I'm not sure going head to head against Battlefield with a WWII shooter is the best tactic.

tjones
May 13, 2005
COD and BF are completely different games. COD is a quake like arena shooter with realistic weapons and set pieces. Battlefield is battlefield.

DICE is going for a BF4 reboot after flubbing the last two titles. The game looks amazing on paper but most likely will be a broken mess for the first few months of release. If they can recapture that BF4 magic it should have a long life ahead of it. That is if they don't manage to gently caress it up, which they very well might.

We already know what we're going to get with Vanguard. It's a WWII skin over the COD:MW engine. The beta gameplay feels like MW with WWII styled weapons. Theres not much more to it than that.

Most casual COD fans loved MW. COD WWII was wildly successful and loved by the competitive community as well as the casual crowd. Although in retrospect, I wonder how much of it was due to jetpack burnout and the return to BOTG. Acitvision must be banking on those two things being a good match.

Either way I'm glad they're returning to the MW engine. The BO engine feels dated and tired in comparison.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Not that I’d be able to get a PS5 but would it be worth it for graphical improvements? I haven’t played MW, only saw playthroughs. Is the difference between PS4 and PS5 very noticeable - or rather - does MW look better than CW even on a PS4?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Is anyone able to get a game of Fireteam? I haven't been able to get into a game in months.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is anyone able to get a game of Fireteam? I haven't been able to get into a game in months.

My favorite game mode and it's been dead for me as well :(

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
New extended multiplayer reveal trailer. Not sure what tone they are going for.

https://youtu.be/s2jD9en5pgQ

Stu make the thread

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 8, 2021

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i was on the fence about vanguard but 24vs24 blitz mode sounds fun

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wazzit posted:

New extended multiplayer reveal trailer. Not sure what tone they are going for.

https://youtu.be/s2jD9en5pgQ

Stu make the thread

This should be the entirety of the OP

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
A sadist on the discord recommended using fireteam for Cigma camos and I was able to get into two different games fairly quickly but it was ineffective so I didn't try again.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

maniacripper posted:

My favorite game mode and it's been dead for me as well :(

Fucks sake. I was hoping I had a port setting wrong or something.

The multiplayer reveal actually made me more interested in Vanguard, if they stick to making poo poo up as they go along and have plenty of anachronisms and don't worry about historical accuracy.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 8, 2021

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I've played about 10 rounds of Vanguard so far and it's . . . it's something.

The TTK is absolutely insane. Even faster than Cold War. I've been running around with an SMG in Cold War for the last few months, but in Vanguard I'm getting insta-gibbed from multiple angles every match.

I've taken to camping with AR's because moving is a death sentence. I'm not sure if it's just "because it's beta", but it's rough.

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Anybody else have an issue where the first map you load up takes forever and either drops you in well after the start of the match or takes so long to load that you get disconnected? This only happens on the first map I load into, after that, it's smooth sailing.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Manxome Foe posted:

I've played about 10 rounds of Vanguard so far and it's . . . it's something.

The TTK is absolutely insane. Even faster than Cold War. I've been running around with an SMG in Cold War for the last few months, but in Vanguard I'm getting insta-gibbed from multiple angles every match.

I've taken to camping with AR's because moving is a death sentence. I'm not sure if it's just "because it's beta", but it's rough.

It's on the MW engine so it should be on par with MW

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I wish they'd go with Advanced Warfare 2. They could even calm down on the boosting stuff but some of the gameplay elements were so fun and I loved the guns. Such a treat after the worst CoD ever, :iiam::iiam:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Gordon Shumway posted:

If the new one is on the MW engine, why the hell did they use whatever engine they did for CW? I enjoyed the game, but it did feel like it was a generation behind its predecessor.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Gordon Shumway posted:

Well that makes perfect sense, as the only way I could reliably go positive in MW was camping with an AR!

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Captain Log posted:

If the new one is on the MW engine, why the hell did they use whatever engine they did for CW? I enjoyed the game, but it did feel like it was a generation behind its predecessor.

My suspicion is that it may have had something to do with Cold War getting rushed out by Treyarch since Sledgehammer was briefly removed from the dev cycle, and thus they went with the older engine that they'd used for BO4.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Gordon Shumway posted:

My suspicion is that it may have had something to do with Cold War getting rushed out by Treyarch since Sledgehammer was briefly removed from the dev cycle, and thus they went with the older engine that they'd used for BO4.

Always wondered why Sledgehammer were moved to this year - what happened?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Always wondered why Sledgehammer were moved to this year - what happened?

I haven't heard the full story myself. They were added to the dev cycle and did WW2, then they were unceremoniously removed shortly after MW came out, and now they're back again. If I were to guess, it's someone at Activision being a moron that's responsible.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
I know CW is on an older engine, but why exactly is everything so washed out in the game?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Anyone playing the beta tn? My self and two will be looking to stack.

Psn: waroduce

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

No

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

get on garyyyy

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

The Goliath Field Upgrade is a piece of poo poo. It can't go up the stairs and it gets stuck on every piece of geometry. I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to sort out the graphical glitches although some still remain. Think I'll be sitting this year out.

Also, why do some palm leaves blow but not others and why doesn't the wind affect smoke, like some Pennywise thing?

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 17, 2021

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That poo poo takes effort

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
game is call of duty with a ww2 skin which we've all seen like a billion times so meh

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
I don't know if anyone feels this way but I love cold war for all of the arcade references, old computer poo poo.

Like the game loading screen is the sound of an MFM hard drive.

Maps are littered with IBM XTs
Lots of beeps and boops.
It feels like an arcade game.

It makes me sad they release new CODs every year.

People still play Black Ops 3. I wonder if it will have any staying power?

I am not sure how to feel about Vanguard.
I am like 36 years old and new to COD.
Someone tried to get me to play Modern Warfare and it was terrible. I somehow got into COD, and it turned me on to the series and now I do bounce between MW, WZ, and CW.

CW just has a super low barrier to entry.

It is like the TF2 of CODs. Goofy. I love it.

SSH IT ZOMBIE fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 17, 2021

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the lack of factions in vanguard is really weird and jarring and kinda sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

ethanol posted:

the lack of factions in vanguard is really weird and jarring and kinda sucks

What makes me mad is that people on your team have various accents. So when I hear call outs I don't know who they're for.