Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

pacerhimself posted:

C58 is very much bad in BOCW MP. It's good in Zombies and good in WZ though.

It can be good, but you need to roll a zombies or two with it first and unlock the higher tier attachments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Thank god for these double battlepass xp weekends and god drat the weapon unlock challenges in zombies are annoying

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mayman10 posted:

Thank god for these double battlepass xp weekends and god drat the weapon unlock challenges in zombies are annoying

I had no problem until the most recent one. It's taking me forever to get the Tempest kills, since I never seem to get them within the two seconds of them teleporting, or I kill them right before they manage to teleport.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb, Destroyer of Seeb.

Gordon Shumway posted:

I had no problem until the most recent one. It's taking me forever to get the Tempest kills, since I never seem to get them within the two seconds of them teleporting, or I kill them right before they manage to teleport.

gently caress any requirement that requires a specific thing to be completed by the enemy to even try it, CPU enemies and real enemies alike.

That whole, "Hack a trophy system and intercept 20 projectiles" was loving impossible until they introduced 12v12.

I still haven't finished -

- 250m Sniper Shot - I don't even know where to find a shot that long
- Rapidly kill two enemies with both weapons. I have no issue hot swapping, but getting a kill with both is a slog.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

ASenileAnimal posted:

started playing again and got a best play where i mowed down like 6 dudes hipfiring the stoner and someone in the voice chat said "this motherfuckers playing doom". i think theyre on to me.

Changing to the stoner from the bruen make Plunder enjoyable again. It really feels like the MW guns either got nerfed or the new ones are just more powerful by comparison.

I guess they try and steer the players towards using the new shiny.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Captain Log posted:

gently caress any requirement that requires a specific thing to be completed by the enemy to even try it, CPU enemies and real enemies alike.

The challenges were so much more doable prior to this one. If they'd just made it to kill the Tempests, that would've been way better. Getting them to jump and then timing your kill after they do is so hard, and I think they had to increase their spawn frequency in the earlier rounds since people were complaining that it was practically impossible.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Gordon Shumway posted:

The challenges were so much more doable prior to this one. If they'd just made it to kill the Tempests, that would've been way better. Getting them to jump and then timing your kill after they do is so hard, and I think they had to increase their spawn frequency in the earlier rounds since people were complaining that it was practically impossible.

I can't even get the bastards to teleport on the new map, outbreak is where I've had to go for em.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mayman10 posted:

I can't even get the bastards to teleport on the new map, outbreak is where I've had to go for em.

I didn't even know they were in the new map, I was talking about outbreak. They used to only reliably spawn into outbreak starting in round 3, but now they've started appearing in round 2 and even in round 1 if you get the HVT side mission.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i think the rpg7 might be my new favorite weapon. especially if the other team is full of people who dont have flak jackets.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Captain Log posted:

That whole, "Hack a trophy system and intercept 20 projectiles" was loving impossible until they introduced 12v12.

I still haven't finished -

- 250m Sniper Shot - I don't even know where to find a shot that long
- Rapidly kill two enemies with both weapons. I have no issue hot swapping, but getting a kill with both is a slog.
Yes, relying on the competence of your enemy to do things like get 3 scorestreaks (looking at you rpgs) is frustrating. Or, have a passenger get x kills - like I can get a passenger, or get a passenger that shoots the gun.

I got the 250m shot via the combined arms mosh pit - the one with the enormous lattice work - I shot 341m, and had to put my target 3 reticle marks lower. My proudest achievement lol.

The dk with 2 weapons wasn't has tough as I though it'd be - run hardcore on the 6v6 maps. Good luck.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Gordon Shumway posted:

I didn't even know they were in the new map, I was talking about outbreak. They used to only reliably spawn into outbreak starting in round 3, but now they've started appearing in round 2 and even in round 1 if you get the HVT side mission.

Pretty sure the new map has two guaranteed tempest spawns as part of turning the power on. Can probably get to them in a couple minutes, since there's only a couple set spots where they can be.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
How bad am I at this game to have a 0.58 win/loss ratio (50 wins, 86 losses). My personal k/d is 1.33. Am I just getting too old for this poo poo or something? I bought the game 2 weeks ago on PS5 and I like playing it, but it's frustrating seeing so many losses in that "last 10 games played" graph at the end of games. I hate getting steamrolled like this. In Battlefield 5 it's more like 50-50 win/loss although my personal k/d is just under 1 there. I also think the 120fps mode did gently caress all for how well I play and how fast I can react and I might switch back to 4k60.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I can't possibly see how you're extrapolating a win/loss record in a lobby shooter to an indictment on your personal skill level.

Win/loss tells you how good your team is, so unless you're regularly running a full squad it's basically your luck divided by whatever arcane magic the matchmaking uses. even k/d is kind of useless, a high k/d would just tell me you're not loving around with the baseball bat enough to be a fun person.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Ugh I just hate getting steamrolled and I have to say I would have expected maybe a 50-50 win/loss and not something so skewed to the losing side. I guess the best answer to my own question is: git gud (and yes play with communicating friends instead of pubbies).

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Came back to the game after a two week break and now every face off lobby is just overrun with quick scopers. It's annoying but also a fun challenge to try to come up with ways to move that avoid their shots as I close in to whack them with a baseball bat or blast them with a shotgun.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

threeagainstfour posted:

Came back to the game after a two week break and now every face off lobby is just overrun with quick scopers. It's annoying but also a fun challenge to try to come up with ways to move that avoid their shots as I close in to whack them with a baseball bat or blast them with a shotgun.

i had a domination game where the other team had 4 quickscopers that never missed and it was pure misery. we actually ended up winning the game because they were too busy owning us to capture the objectives.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

ASenileAnimal posted:

i had a domination game where the other team had 4 quickscopers that never missed and it was pure misery. we actually ended up winning the game because they were too busy owning us to capture the objectives.

Yeah, me making a game of it trying to whack them with the baseball bat is just my way of trying to salvage some fun out of face off. I’m not one to say get rid of quick scoping entirely, but sniper rifles are hilariously busted in this game.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

drat they delayed the launch of season 5 but my battle.net is still updating like it's dropping at the original time. such a tease treyarch.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Mayman10 posted:

drat they delayed the launch of season 5 but my battle.net is still updating like it's dropping at the original time. such a tease treyarch.

When is it supposed to drop now? I've had my nose in other games recently. But it only takes me a few weeks to get through a Battle Pass with the judicious use of XP Boosts.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Captain Log posted:

When is it supposed to drop now? I've had my nose in other games recently. But it only takes me a few weeks to get through a Battle Pass with the judicious use of XP Boosts.

Yeah it was set to release midnight on the 12th EST but got pushed back a day to the 13th. Funny thing is when I launched after the update the main menu said season 5 on it, had the new cinematic, and background. Yet it's still technically season 4.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

rip call of duties

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

rip call of duties

gamers are seething

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Mayman10 posted:

gamers are seething

Why?

Sioux
May 30, 2006

"Women and black people in combat roles in WWI/WWII? What's next? There are no transgenders in foxholes!!"

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

rip call of duties

What in the name of good gently caress is left of the Second World War to use for a game that hasn't been done for 20 years now?

I mean, CoD:WW2 was a course correction for the unfair hate given to AW, BlOps 3 and IW. This is just laziness.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Looking at all the unfixed bugs is beginning to convince me that Treyarch simply don’t give a gently caress about fixing their games anymore. Not to mention this last update brought my fps down significantly on XB1.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Excited for warzone to be full of WW2 guns that outperform all the modern warfare guns

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

what the hell did they get rid of the 12vs12 moshpit? that was my favorite mode and prettymuch the only thing i played.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

ASenileAnimal posted:

what the hell did they get rid of the 12vs12 moshpit? that was my favorite mode and prettymuch the only thing i played.

It got moved to the quick match selection next to the other modes.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
6v6 faceoff is fun you should try it

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

How many seasons are planned? With all but two guns leveled up, my motivation to play has waned. Don't get me wrong, I've had a blast with my first CoD. But if another one is around the corner, I might lay off for a while.

God drat, I wish the new Xbox wasn't so loving hard to find for retail price.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What in the name of good gently caress is left of the Second World War to use for a game that hasn't been done for 20 years now?

I mean, CoD:WW2 was a course correction for the unfair hate given to AW, BlOps 3 and IW. This is just laziness.

palm trees suggest a visit to the pacific theater

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Captain Log posted:

How many seasons are planned? With all but two guns leveled up, my motivation to play has waned. Don't get me wrong, I've had a blast with my first CoD. But if another one is around the corner, I might lay off for a while.

God drat, I wish the new Xbox wasn't so loving hard to find for retail price.

Seems like six from the progress screen for the seasons.

I’ve been kinda in the same boat as I wanna give Xbox a shot after the PS4 but realized I’ve paid for PSN+ well into 2023… does Warzone/CoD progress even carry over to other systems?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

pacerhimself posted:

6v6 faceoff is fun you should try it

i tried some normal 6v6 games and used a controller for the first time in a while and did pretty well. it was fun but i love the chaos of 12v12 even if it means i get shot in the back half the time.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i think im going to end up unintentionally reverse boosting myself trying to level up the sniper rifle. i have around a 1.20kd and every game i use the sniper rifle i go like 8 and 30.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Sioux posted:

"Women and black people in combat roles in WWI/WWII? What's next? There are no transgenders in foxholes!!"

The first thing that went through my mind when I saw that was "Welp, I bet the same people that flipped the gently caress out about Battlefield are gonna riot over this." Has it started yet?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

ASenileAnimal posted:

i think im going to end up unintentionally reverse boosting myself trying to level up the sniper rifle. i have around a 1.20kd and every game i use the sniper rifle i go like 8 and 30.

Same. So loving same.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Captain Log posted:

Same. So loving same.

im beginning to get the hang of the quickscoping thing so i can almost break a 1kd but i think most of those kills are coming from me saying gently caress it and blowing them up with the rocket launcher after missing 4 times

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

ASenileAnimal posted:

im beginning to get the hang of the quickscoping thing so i can almost break a 1kd but i think most of those kills are coming from me saying gently caress it and blowing them up with the rocket launcher after missing 4 times

It goes against everything a generation of more "realistic movement" FPS players learned. If you tried that poo poo in Battlefield, you'd never hit a God damned thing. We just weren't built to quickscope. Or be good. Either/or.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Captain Log posted:

It goes against everything a generation of more "realistic movement" FPS players learned. If you tried that poo poo in Battlefield, you'd never hit a God damned thing. We just weren't built to quickscope. Or be good. Either/or.

yea i gave up on trying to snipe when i finally unlocked the extra damage barrel and it still didnt one hit kill anyone. went back to running around with a stoner/rocket launcher and did way better while also having more fun.