Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Let's just hope Stephen Miller managed to catch it as well.

Bajaha posted:

So, I just bought this contraption for the price of a quality used car:

Hopefully it gives us some more freedom / self reliance to explore on light duty trails when we're adventuring about.

E: also, the paint is close enough that I'll be calling it acid green. It was a toss up between this and the fastest colour, red.

Green is definitely better than red, but also I'm impressed with their surprisingly high offroad speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuMg0QwKAGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Can't wait to see what long-running storylines the season finale of America is going to tie up.

Have you seen Threads?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Rhyno posted:

You know, if Trump wins in a month, every single person who said "I VOTED 3RD PARTY IT'S NOT A WASTE OF MY VOTE" or something similar should get the ever living gently caress kicked out of them.

Depends on your state, I've always voted 3rd party for president in CA and it's obviously never mattered in terms of the final outcome. Sucking it up to vote for the worst candidates the Democrats have to offer is how we ended up with 2016 and one of the few people who could have lost to Trump.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

kastein posted:

Trump has finally done something to combat white supremacists. He gave Stephen Miller covid19, it seems!

I'm torn between wanting the virus to not affect most of the population and wanting this particular instance of the virus to just go full yolo despite the fact Miller isn't particularly vulnerable other than being male.

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Is there a thread on Nissans and Infinitis? I couldn't find one during all my lurking :shobon:

I don't think so, but congrats on a great purchase. If you have any random issues with the car just post here, besides myself I'm sure there are a fair number of people in this forum who owned that car / some variation and can help you fix any issues. I would call it a very easy car to work on if necessary, you wouldn't believe how much easier it is to change a radiator on a 350Z vs something like an Acura RSX.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

trouser chili posted:

Well I guess my months-long saga of respiratory illness, kidney infections, and pissing blood comes to a head tomorrow. They’re cutting out my tonsils and I’m super not excited about it. I hear the recovery is excruciating at my age. I think it’ll be November before I’m 100% again. :sadwave:

The surgery sounds like it will suck but your symptoms seem fairly bad, so I'd say it's worth it?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I mean, the surgery to graft that second penis on is gonna be costly

£70,000 is nothing if you're a billionaire

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/7297330/charlotte-rose-bionic-penis-man-mohammed-abad-lover-sex-worker/

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm honestly surprised there are enough people left on the forum that care enough to internet stalk random strangers they don't know, although I know there was a bunch of bullshit with STR and a place of employment a while ago.

I technically work for my wife so not really a big issue for me.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Totos only connect to the cold line and heat the water up themselves, they work really well. Plus they have a seat heater which is amazing when it's cold, I can't go back to regular toilets.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Didn't you get that not too long ago or am I thinking of someone else?

Re: home stereo setups, I wouldn't mind 7.1 or even 5.1 but it's a pain in the rear end if your TV is in your living room which is next to your entryway. A basement or dedicated room would make it a lot easier to have all the speakers and not have it look weird.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

A friend who can't afford $1k for data recovery asked me to see if I could get some data off of her old Dell desktop. I plugged the drive into my Icy Dock but all I get is I/O errors in my logs, no bad sounds. Sound like swapping the controller is a better first bet than the freezer?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That's a video game but the IRL version is pretty nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biyUjm4KZio

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Sounds more like 8bit_Dophins

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

64bit_Dophins posted:

Just scheduled an appointment with a new therapist.

After reading that old psych eval I've been really depressed. It feels like I'm just dumb and that it's over for me (I know this is not true bu that is kinda how it feels).

For the first time the covid isolation is starting to get to me.

I doubt you're dumb if you made it through life this far, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in evaluations from a long time ago. I'm pretty sure any psych evaluation I would have had when I was 10 would be A LOT different than one now. And FWIW, I've seen less intelligent people who are disciplined and work hard do a lot better in life than smart but unfocused and lazy people.

I've asked this before in the monthly chat thread but I just want to confirm I have this right, Brother laser printers are the consensus when buying a new printer? I'm about to throw my Epson in the trash but I need to replace it ASAP because covid means I'm working from home for the foreseeable future.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm still debating a color laser but I don't know if I really need one. I definitely wouldn't bother if I was going to the office every day. That scan to email feature sounds very nice though. I need the printer to work with Linux and Windows but that hasn't been an issue for a long time for me, I'm assuming Brothers are fine in that regard.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Does it have to still be FWD?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I've had this home depot workbench in my garage but I'm going to need to store it outside for probably a year or two. I'm not super attached to it but I'd like to keep it in decent condition if that's doable. I live in LA so it's not too cold but there will be some rain throughout the winter and spring. I currently haven't stained / painted it, it's just the bare wood. I was thinking of putting it on cinder blocks and covering it with a tarp, will that be enough? I could also go through the effort of putting some stain/coating on it, if that would make a big difference.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That's what I had been guessing, looks like I'll be staining it this weekend. If it goes back to workbench duty that will help fight stains at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007