Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

bolind posted:

I built a fairly nice 26” hard tail in 2008. Chris King headset and hubs, Thomson stem and post, easton carbon fiber handlebars, to give you an idea.

It’s used but in good condition.

Would now be a good time to sell it off? Anything under, say USD800 and I’m just keeping it.

26in bikes aren't worth anything unless they're like a 90s Team Fat Chance. Keep it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

bolind posted:

Last year was the first year we were in a house in a neighborhood with lots of kids, so we gave out candy for Halloween. This year, with Covid and all, it's obviously not going to be the same. Anyone has ideas for how to execute this year?

If you must do it, find a window or something higher than where the kids are. Get a length of PVC pipe at least 6 feet long, angle down. Slide candy through pipe.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

BuckyDoneGun posted:

I think I’m the only other one here with a JDM Infiniti - 2006 Fuga 450GT. Nissan tragics are a dying breed.

These were really good cars
M35/45 in the US. Some of the last really decent infinitis sold in the US.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

LOL, house shopping.
I would like something with a two car garage, but I found an otherwise perfect (well, it needs somethings, but I can over look them) house, with a one car garage. It's a 1929s house on a small lot and the 1 car garage is crammed in the lot and almost certainly would violate modern setback requirements as it is an inch from the house and maybe 2-3in from the neighbors garage. There is no way to expand this garage. But gently caress it, it is a well maintained 1920s house with mahogany inlaid floors, built-ins, wavy glass, and a glorious porch that actually makes up for no back yard.
In any event, I looked at the garage and it looked, uhm, small. So today before I made an offer, i sung by and measured the garage. It was hard to measure because it is full of loving boxes, but it is no longer than 189in from back wall to door. The subaru legacy GT wagon is 189in.
Welp, next house. :(

nm
Jan 28, 2008

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Speaking of password policies, someone I know had their IT department ask for their password to set up a new laptop. This person is a sad nerd who’s installed Win98 so many times they have memorized a CD key, thus making for an excellent password.

This is about you isn't it.

Darchangel posted:

It's amazing how small early cars were, and garages were built to match.

Yeah, I'm kind of prepared for that. I looked at another house today with a smaller garage, but it is a normal lot, so it could take a prefab 1 or even 2 car garage with no issues. The other house had a garage that only fit because it broke every setback rule and was still too small.
But yes, the garages are too drat small.
What I did learn is that my legacy Wagon is marginally longer than my agent's range rover. The more you know I guess.

luminalflux posted:

We never actually checked if our car would fit in the garage in this house we're renting, which is a ~1930s tract house. Luckily the crosstrek fits fine, but I've been wanting to upgrade to an Outback. At 14" longer, I probably won't be able to park in the garage with a hitch-mounted bike carrier, so it'll have to wait until next house.
I am so happy I measure the fucker. How pissed would I have been if I bought a 500k house with effectively no garage and no way to expand.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Krakkles posted:

And, at a very simple level, that's a major factor in how racism and prejudice survive.

"Oh, well, it's not directly affecting me, I don't want to get involved."

Anti-racism should not be controversial. The fact that it is often more controversial than the racism in the first place is insane.

I mean, I agree in theory, but this is the loving country where multiple people have been shot asking people to wear masks.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Uhm, I'm in escrow. poo poo.

Also, 2.625% They're basically giving money away.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Beverly Cleavage posted:

what terms? I just closed a few weeks ago on 2.875 30yr fixed

30year fixed >20% down. No appraisal apparently? This was bought down from 2.75% with $500.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I.... uh dont believe I am saying this.

The Cursed Outback drove and DID NOT OVERHEAT. It actually worked exactly as it should and..... seriously? This loving car actually ran as it should be??????

I dont believe it. This cant be real

That's how it gets you to drive it just outside your free tow radius from whatever the Australian version of AAA is.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Fermented Tinal posted:

No no no no no, you're supposed to go get your neighbour to bring their tractor over so it can get stuck trying to you out, and then the next neighbour, and you just keep going until you find someone with a high hoe to pull everyone out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCcWzLAcv4o
This but with tractors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My back was messed up to begin with (minor scoliosis) but the accident didn't help that's for sure, so now it's my back and my neck that are sources of pain.

I figure i'll just keep going as much as I can, poo poo just takes longer these days. Currently jack hammering the old tile off terrazzo, it will get done....eventually :v:

Have you gotten to a physical therapist. I finally got a doctor to send me to a PT (after I was hit by a car) because I refused pills, and it was a goddamn life saver.
That said, I have to do the same stretches every day or my body revolts.