Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

New thread pet posting!

Washed my car too

Stormy is keeping me sane in this poo poo of a year. So glad I have her after the virus took away the one thing that made me happy after losing my friend. All I want to do is go to new cities a few times a year and have fun with my friends, have something to look forward to.

The amount of people sick and dying, the loss of a normal life for everyone, the climate, the fear of the government with their incompetence and malice, all the injustice for the marginalized, all that poo poo weighs heavy on my mind causing stress and anxiety for our future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It would be one hell of a redemption arc for 2020 if Trump died from covid.

I never imagined something good might come from 2020 and I don't feel bad about being a lovely person for saying that in this case

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Standing behind a guy with no mask at the store yesterday who started COUGHING ALL OVER the woman working, the counter, credit card machine, lotto tickets and about a million other things hundreds of people touch all day. I felt so bad for the lady, he did it right in her face, a gross wet nasty cough without covering it whatsoever. I was so pissed I wanted to wreck his poo poo right there and I'm a zero violence person. I tried to video his face to post all over but I was too slow on the draw. Then another shithead behind me also maskless had the audacity to say "all the video taping" like I was the rear end in a top hat and not the disgusting fuckstick jeopardizing everyone else's health. I loving hate these selfish wastes of life

I hear the orange dumbass is suffering so there is some justice in this world. First time he's ever faced consequences for any of his actions ever in his gross life

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I just wish we hadn't lost touch.

I'm shamelessly stealing what a mutual friend wrote about Curtis because I am no good with words and this guy was his best friend.

Man that's such a nice write up about your friend. Listening to Cloud Cult while I read it and must be dusty in here or something :'(

I don't know anyone that has died from it yet but thinking about all the friends and family that people are losing every day is so heartbreaking. Nothing will ever be the same even after. All of those people are gone forever and the people that survive have to live without them and think about them all the time and miss them like crazy

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Grakkus posted:

For some reason, I'm catnip for the gents, but unluckily for me I'm definitely 100% straight. Sometimes think it'd be way easier to be in a gay relationship but :shrug:

Hahaha, no. People are people regardless of their junk

So happy for your butterflies situation though. I got it recently for a silly crush I had but man I forgot what it was like for a long time. I want it again but as soon as that happened covid happened and I'm scared to meet up with strangers for now :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Today I got internet clout for being a forums member with Covid-20 Patient zero.

Covid-21, I got called out for 20 with the picture of my coati sticking her nose in my nostril. She still does this and for way too long making it weird like someone who hugs uncomfortably long. Last night we both fell asleep with that happening. This quarantine is really taking a toll on my sanity

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Humphreys posted:

I literally dumped my Toyota Sera at an exs house back when it caused me enough problems (which I spent what I consider a lot of money on). Now I'm watching Mighty Car Mods latest series featuring one and being 'that guy' in the comments telling everyone what each little tiny thing is.

I want it back now :( I will trade one of my VE Sportwagons haha

Did you watch to the end of the challenges? If not skip like the last 5 minutes, haha

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Anyone wanting to "get into" anime without getting into anime so to speak should go watch Cowboy Bebop. It's not that "anime" at all, is a good science fiction show, is only one season, and despite being from the late 90s the English dub is so good that the creator of the show thinks it's excellent. It stars Steve Blum, who has an extremely prolific career as a voice actor and is probably best known as the animated voice actor for Wolverine since the late '00s, as well as being the voice of Toonami.

There's a really good 1080p blu-ray release of it that you can :files: up, and despite it being a 4:3 show it was totally shot with 16:9 in mind so if 4:3 annoys you, you can for the most part set VLC to crop to 16:9 and 99% of the shots are still perfectly framed

Yea seriously, Bebop is so good. If nothing else watch Jupiter Jazz Part 2, the best episode. I bought the perfect sessions in the 00s sometime and watch the series every year or two and it's still good every time. I've not seen any other animes to compare it to though

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I got on antidepressants (welbutrin) right after my friend died and it helped so much for a while. Then after 9 months or so I started having worse suicidal thoughts than before like the ones I used to have when I was an alcoholic. Just by accident and being busy I missed my Drs appointment and didn't get my prescription renewed. I got supremely lucky and I only had mild withdrawal symptoms after stopping them cold turkey.

It worked out though that since then I still get depression but most of the time it's not too bad compared to the debilitating kind I had before getting any help for it. The thing that made a huge difference is I kept up a vitamin D regimen and it works awesome. I can actually feel it if I forget to take it for a few days. I was also lucky that I had no side effects from the welbutrin so if anyone does you should try it.

One problem I still have is anxiety, sometimes debilitating though usually it's pretty short lived. If there is a treatment for that with minimal side effects I think I would do pretty good on it.

I'm getting the 2020 exhaustion pretty bad with thinking about all the poo poo going on in the world. That and not being able to do the one thing that made me happy and getting out and being social really sucks. I'm so tired of just working, being at home, working, being at home etc. I just want to get out and do things and hang out with people. I do consider myself seriously lucky to have a job and a great place to live however it's just that I want to do things that aren't work and being at home.

Getting Stormy has been the best thing to happen to me at least. Makes being at home at fun and she makes me laugh and is fun to play and snuggle with. Not sure how I'd be doing without her. I'm glad I took the plunge on that as it is a big commitment of time and energy to make sure she has a good home.

Here is a video of her in turbo play mode which is a lot of the time. It's like a 80/20 split of play time vs snuggle time

https://streamable.com/q8v782

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Oh also thread I just got a job after three months of unemployment! I start Monday and make less than I used to but not by much. I hope this works out.

Nice! Good luck with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tractor chat video, brush cutting time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQlwpTcvfE