Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
continuing bicycle chat over here - is it still impossible to buy bicycles? i kind of want one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

what the hell? buy the skyline

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

im not sad that Trump has the rona but i am somewhat concerned that this won't be a good thing in the long run

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I honestly dont see how Trump gains from any senario TBH. Let alone there's a basically a coin flip he wont be able to walk on election day

somehow Boris gained from getting Corona so i think it's hard to tell how the electorate will react. some people will probably feel bad for him! the dem strategy, which i think is OK, has been to let trump get out there in public and hang himself. he won't be doing that for a couple weeks. the less he talks, the more people like my MIL who are probably going to vote for him are inclined to give him a pass and forget about the horrible poo poo he says.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yeah definitely take a look through that handbook, state level regs are pretty variant. i got caught out on some stuff that i didn't think was legal in NC because it wasn't legal in Mass

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

scrapple fuckin slaps, good on ya

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

STR posted:

I'm looking at it more as a "running and driving $500 vehicle with no maintenance debt and working AC, should be able to pass safety and smog". If I jump on it, I'd have to find a ride to Dallas (either hitch a ride with roommate when he goes to visit his mom, or Greyhound), toss a new battery in it (it's been parked since she got her Niro - ~6 months), change the oil, drive it back. Junk it when the CVT shits itself.

yeah i think if you plan to ditch it when something goes seriously wrong it's a fine idea

now on the other hand driving it will probably suck so be ready

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

looks real good, meatpimp

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I like the blue.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

meatpimp posted:

So... Lowtax is officially gone. Interesting day for Something Awful dot com

on balance i'd say it's a good day, but you're right that it's a bit strange

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I bought two handguns early in the year because there was an incident 4 blocks away where two guys tried to kick in a front door at noon. The elderly owner shot one and the other escaped. Over that week there were record numbers of break in reports and then the police announced they wouldn't be responding to certain types of calls so the paranoia got to me and we bought some guns.

Which have sat in their cases untouched along with the now scarce 9mm I hoarded.

if you're gonna own a gun for any reason, but especially defense reasons, you better practice with it because the second you have put your hand on it you have now escalated to a lethal force situation

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

everdave posted:

Make fun of them talking to a sky man or being stupid. I don’t give a shot I just want to talk about cars

What are you talking about?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Wrar posted:

My kid has been waking up between 4 and 6:30 for the last I dunno 5 days. :shepicide: :negative:

i keep thinkin that when i have kids i am gonna be thankful for being a morning person but i am sure there will be some way that it gets turned against me

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

that amount of money would alter you in ways you can't begin to understand. it is not a case where you can be like "oh i'd just be lil ole kyoon griffey jr doin the things that i wanted to do but didn't." projecting what you would do with that kind of money is basically impossible.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ya if you are gonna be on an opiate course you def should take stool softeners at min

first poo poo i took after knee surgery (like five days on or so) felt like i passed a cinder block

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

tell me about your MR2

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

trouser chili posted:

Every time I wake up it’s cause blood is pouring from my mouth. This isn’t good. I can get it to stop by literally hosing my mouth down with Afrin. Doesn’t taste great.

I really don’t want to go to the ER.

at least call your doctors office and check in, there's a lot of space between "do nothing at all" and "go to the ER"

Liquid Communism posted:

Yup. My bad knee is like that. Just kinda 'this is how it is now', because it's never going back to what it was.

yeah word, it works well enough for most purposes but it always feels different

my days of hucking cliffs are over though

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

well 80 grand will get you a 600 hp electrotruck in like maybe 2025 so your ten year estimate is probably more accurate than five

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

man i hope you are doin better than 4 figgies, that is not enough figgies to get by imo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Darchangel posted:

Dammit. 6 figures. Not sure where that brain fade came from. I blame “Friday”.

well i am relieved for you!

Deteriorata posted:

We lived in an old rental house when I was a kid, and back in 1962 my Dad bought a Rambler Classic despite having four kids to put in it because it was the largest available car that would physically fit in the garage. He had it measured down to the fraction of an inch.

The next year he bought a lot and got busy building his own house with a large garage. His next car was a 1967 Galaxie 500 followed by a 1969 LTD. They both fit easily in the new garage.

my pops built a garage that was kind of wedged in between a flood plain and a giant bedrock granite shelf, so he had very limited space to work in to meet zoning requirements. he built as deep a garage as he could, but it wasn't very deep. this was fine when mom and dad had like, a 1976 Toyota Truck, and Tercels, and B210s and poo poo. but once he bought an early 1990s Accord he had to cut out a quarter inch notch from the studs in one bay to get the car to fit. it has since then dictated the max size of cars he can buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

64bit_Dophins posted:

I have been having similar feelings. I have been totally fine throughout this whole deal but the past two weeks have been extremely difficult for me.

I'm not really sure what brought all of this on but I have really been struggling with the sad and worry.

Some similar problems for me too, hang in there goon friends. I think part of it's seasonal, at least up here in Michigan it's now cold, damp, and getting dark.