Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

So if you have a 40-minute conversation with somebody and it ends with you saying “thanks for the talk!” does it mean you’re an rear end in a top hat?

edit: the conversation was about an anime called Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures

more edit: I haven’t seen it and dammed sure don’t intend to now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Welp, I’m about to check into a detox program this afternoon. I’ve been drinking progressively worse over the covid season, and had an incident on Sunday, I barely remember the entire day. We partied pretty hard for the wife’s birthday Saturday night, and I let her sleep in, then had a couple whiskeys while watching movies with the kid. I expected to have enough time to sleep it off during his nap time, but my mom called and we went to lunch instead. I apparently fell down the stairwell, I definitely have some gnarly bruises. I started having withdrawal symptoms like 6 hours later and I’m still having them. Enough is enough. This is hell, I haven’t been able to really eat since Sunday lunch. I can’t stop vomiting and am sweaty and shaky. I threw up while driving to work Monday.

Talk to you guys in like a month!

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Good news everybody! The clinic had a mix-up, so I’m in the hospital. Just got pushed some Ativan so I’m sure to have some fun. Going to sleep.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Getting some crazy wind gusts from this hurricane right now, the closest weather station showed a max of 55 mph. What a loving week. Power went off at like 1:00, the transformer blowing woke me up. It’s currently 2:30 and they say we have like 45 more minutes till it passes. I’ve heard multiple things fall over and at least one trash bin roll merrily down the road...should have picked it up on time, rear end in a top hat!

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

No real damage rom the hurricane but I was woken at like 1:00 by a transformer blowing up and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I waited till it died down at like 4:30 and went and got 10 more gallons of gas for the generator, then set it up and plugged the freezer and fridge and some lights up. Eerie streets, debris everywhere. I saw 3 downed trees partially blocking the road and one fully blocking it. Currently playing with my toddler Alex, it’s 8:00 and Mommy is still loving asleep while I just took my scheduled dose of Librium.

14-year old daughter whined she wanted some waffles and I told her to buy me a gas range and she’d get them.

gently caress 2020 and the past two weeks in particular.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

slidebite posted:

:rip: Sean Connery.

Yet again, gently caress 2020.

gently caress him, he’s an admitted domestic abuser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

My neighbor's house... That was the master bedroom. Edit: they were all on the ground floor at the time.

wallaka fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 31, 2020