Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm thinking next week I should try to get into the doctors. Ever since the fires and smoke exposure, I've been lethargic and had a sore throat. No other symptoms, but I'm really missing the energy. I've got a ton to do while the weathers nice, but I can't get off the couch for longer than an hour.
No fever, no lost of taste, no cough. Just no energy. Job stress and late nights sure aren't helping, but man I miss earlier this year when I actually had some gumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

u blew an Apex seal

There's this thing that happens with early rotaries or crappy apex seals called the devils fingernails. Where the seals scratch the housings like a record.

Thats what my throat feels like. Ugh.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
With all the subforum name changes - is there a unofficial/not actually legal advise thread?
I'm not sure all who remember, but I posted months ago about my wifing bringing home/wanting to help a homeless family... and well, it went terribly terribly wrong. I had the mom removed by the sheriff this morning and just spent an hour on the phone with DHS/CPS...Currently researching restraining orders/death threats. Wish me luck!

the spyder fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 12, 2020

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Oh poo poo. Gun chat suddenly relevant.

Quite. I’m not a big gun person like some of my friends, but I’m pretty much in your shoes ownership wise.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I can not remember the last time I stayed up for 48 hours straight on pure adrenaline. Slept 7 hours while a friend stayed over "just in case". Looks like we are in the clear as far as safety goes. I've spent more time talking to CPS in the last two days than I ever want to moving forward.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

McTinkerson posted:

drat. That is not something I ever want to be able to relate to. So you and your family are to the best of your knowledge safe now?

Any way we can help? There's always the AI slack of you need to vent a stream of consciousness that :justpost: doesn't quite accomplish.

Find your local homeless shelter or PD/Fire/EMS Christmas drive + donate. I am incredibly grateful for the assistance both public services have provided. With the overwhelming negative media attention/overall issues with Police, I had a pretty poor outlook going into this. Instead I was greeted with level headed officers who provided mediation and really seemed to care about a peaceful outcome for all parties involved. YMMV - and If you prefer something else, any children's support organization or toy drive would be great. The kids from this family are in for a very hard next few months and I'm reminded how important it is not to loose sight of them being the victims here, despite being overwhelmed by the anger towards the mother. /rant

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Tractor talk:

My neighbor bought a new JD 2025r and gave me a spare key. Said use it any time. It's the perfect size for our 5 and 8 acres.

In exchange I do all the maintenance on it, which is basically nothing so far. Just this last few weeks I've put 40 hours on it clearing blackberries, falling trees, clearing fence line. I'd love to buy one once I get more acreage.

Even the 4yr old likes to drive it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

trouser chili posted:

That’s one hell of a garden tractor. I like to eyefuck the 1025r and 1023e pretty hard, but they’re $15k used all day long. My 420 :420: with the loader I’m adding this weekend and the 60” deck it came with was $4,700 total. Still, that’s twice what I paid for Schwags.

Here’s the 420 :420: with my 48” tiller attached. Once I’ve got the FEL I’ll be able to use the tiller and loader to fix grading issues with my yard, and destroy the rest of the honeysuckle I hope.

I was a huge JD kid when I was growing up. I had the toys, hats, shirts. I knew the local dealer who would always give me the latest sales catalogs. My neighbor had all JD tractors/equipment for his small farm, including a 316 full outfitted. I used to tell myself when I was older I'd buy a 420 with the loader for our property. In an odd series of events I ended up with that property and my neighbors 316 after he passed. I never found a 420 that didn't need a full overhaul, or cost as much as the larger 10xx or 20xx series. But now with this 2025r, I can't see myself buying another tractor unless I find a larger piece of land.

Oh and if you haven't made a chain link drag yet, do it now. My issue when trying to do grading with a smaller tractor has always been compaction/ruts. I'm about to till up 80% of our yards and re-do them.