Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
That proud boys shoutout really hosed with me. I didn't even watch the debate but I got a call from my buddy after it was over and he told me about it. It bothered me so much I had to straight up go to bed after that.

Next day I get the following meme texted to me by one of my sober friends that I used to do dope with back in the day.

He had a harder time getting sober and relapsed countless times before getting it together. Anyways this one cheered me up about it so I figured that I'd share it with you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Darchangel posted:

I’m stunned that it hasn’t attracted more attention, and not sadly surprised at who it did attract. I’ve already got those two guys set so I don’t see their posts on my feed, not that I really even look any more. I wish I could get my mom to see around her single-issue mindset. Abortion isn’t going to matter much when we’re all either destitute or embroiled in WW3.

And when we i learn who is who with regards to FB vs. AI, I have a cheat sheet. I kid you not.

Also, I need a “Shut up, man” tshirt.

When I first got sober I deleted my Facebook because the political posts kept stressing me out and making me want to relapse. I kept blocking people but political stuff kept making its way into my feed no matter what. Honestly I think it was one of my better decisions and I haven't looked back or missed it once since I deleted it several years ago now.

Abortion is never going away. It's too useful of a tool. Those laws in GA in AL were pretty much the last stand of the anti-abortion boomers. I know there are a lot of single issues voters on the right who cast their ballot to end "baby murders" or whatever but at this point they should really just cut the cope and accept that it is here to stay.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Liquid Communism posted:

It's not like the rest of the platform is any less abhorrent. They're still trying to redefine marriage as het-only, for gently caress's sake.

Although it's kinda darkly hilarious right now because they opted not to do a new platform this year, so the current one is full of potshots at 'The Current Administration'. :v:

They just pay lip-service to those issues to secure the fundie vote.

They really just want lower interest rates, tax cuts, and hand outs to their friends.

I try not to think about it too much. It's not like there's anything I can do about it outside of voting.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

im not sad that Trump has the rona but i am somewhat concerned that this won't be a good thing in the long run

The hell you know something something...

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
My heart goes out to all of you goons with kids.

It must be really rough right now and I love you all.

I refused to be discouraged so I’m doing my best to enjoy my day.

The weather is perfect here in Atlanta and I’ve gotten the chance to drive the 335d with the windows down. The back right turn signal is out which is fine bc no one expects a bmw driver to use their turn signals anyways.

I totally get now why BMW guys are a thing. You are king of the highway in this thing. Yeah Tesla’s have more torque but this thing pulls just as hard at 100mph (in Minecraft of course).

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

The Door Frame posted:

The scales are falling from the eyes of even some of the most staunch conservatives and Trump

I was an alt right guy back in 2014-2015. I would have voted for trump but I was too homeless and on heroin to do it.

The alt right nazis (really any radical political ideology) exclusively attract losers.

It did not take me long to wake up and get my poo poo together. Looking back on it I just hated myself and hated my lovely life (never mind most of my problems were of my own creation), and I just wanted other people to suffer in the same way I was suffering.

It takes a very sick person to openly advocate for this stuff, speaking from experience.

Ppl don’t really wake up though. Most ppl in general can’t think past their own death and don’t care. It’s all about them and no one else. I figure it has always been like this and try not to let it get to me. It’s not worth it IMO.

CerealKilla420 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 2, 2020

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Rhyno posted:

I honestly think that if I hadn't gotten my rear end beat every day for three years I would have grown up to be much more like my dad was. So in a way I'm grateful for what I went through because that pain gave me humility and humanity.

Yeah honestly getting my rear end beat down by life for 3 years was probably the best thing that ever happened to me in retrospect.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Cage posted:

Who are these people taking shifts beating people up for 3 years? Junior high is 2 grades, high school is 4 grades. :confused:

I was the one doing all of the beating tbh haha.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

bird with big dick posted:

Had the Mach-e reservation to replace my Accord Hybrid and now need something to replace my F-150 so...

I may not end up getting the Mach-e, depends how well I like the Polestar 2 interior if I can find one to sit in. And the Model Y is still on the table I just don't really like Elon.

I'm not getting an electric car until they make me.

Honestly I'm kind of excited to see what Honda and GM are going to make together.

https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2020/sep/0903-mou.html

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Just realized that it’s October and no one has posted Dragula yet...

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I was talking to one of my friends on the phone last night and he told me that he thinks Trump has a body double and that he's actually really sick and dying.

Man these really are crazy times.

There is no way to tell what is even real anymore.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Literally, it's hard not to get apathetic over all of it.

Every time someone tells me a story they read or heard about these days (did you hear THIS? Did you see about THAT?) and expects me to take it as gospel because it's from them (family, friends) just makes me roll my eyes like why the gently caress should I believe any of it? Oh because you told me? Ok.

The things I've been hearing from people close to me have gotten crazier and crazier over the past few years.

People that I would otherwise find to be really smart are coming out of nowhere talking about Q-anon tier poo poo.

Speaking of, the Q Anon stuff has gotten way bigger than I could have ever imagined. Just looking into it at a glance there are huge groups devoted to it. Completely insane considering it originated from a series of 4chan posts in 2015 that were specifically designed to troll boomers with no internet acumen that were coming onto the site for political takes.

It's really wild.

I imagine this is what it must have been like to live in the soviet union right before the collapse.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Edie Van Halen is dead, gently caress 2020

drat this year is just a series of never ending Ls

Ether Frenzy posted:

This is the best.

The first part is wrong, no living person could possibly resemble the blobbish monstrosity trump - just practicing how to stand that loving stupid would take an actor a lifetime to learn.
The second part is almost certainly true. 74 year old idiotfucker with no physical fitness in his history who eats nothing but Filet-o-Fish, there is literally no way he doesn't have high blood pressure, diabetes, and all the possible co-morbidities available.

The fat loving clown has infected half the pentagon now, and the markets just ate poo poo (before a last second minor rebound) because he has instructed his toadies in the Senate to stop work on a stimulus package because he's holding it ransom for his own re-election.

If I'm China, Russia, Iran, or any of our many many many enemies we've made over the last 20 years of unsolicited war in the middle east, now is the time to wreak the havoc you've been waiting for. Everyone hold onto their asses please.

It's real bad. I have had to count my blessings daily because I'm actually stable financially for the first time in my life. If I were unemployed or struggling with money I would probably have lost my mind at least twice by now.

I'm sure living in your car on heroin is way worse these days than it was 2 years ago.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Dagen H posted:

Good on you for getting your poo poo together :)

It has been a long road but I could have never gotten this far by myself.

I still require some “outside help” in the form of psych meds and therapy but I mean it makes sense. You have to be pretty loving crazy to do what I was doing haha.

Staying sober during covid has been pretty rough and I’ve seen a lot of ppl relapse but I’m on stable footing so it’s gonna be ok.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Read 'em and weep nerds :aslol:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This dude patched into the mainframe...

I'm at work and getting 786 down, 940 up. Not bad considering we have thousands of users online at the moment locally. I'm constrained by the gigabit switches, we're sat on top of a 2Tb/sec education/research pipeline and here's me shitposting on a car forum with it :v:

And I only pay $60 a month for it :frogc00l:

I happened to luck out and choose one of the first neighborhoods in Atlanta to get the new fangled fiber lines.

It's pretty wild, even with 802.11N the best you can expect to get is like 300mbps. Never been able to top out the wireless haha.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Krakkles posted:

What?

I don’t think I even understand that straw man. I don’t think I’ve ever been “ooorah America”. I do own guns but I don’t think its part of my personality.

Yeah it’s always a shock to ppl that I own a bunch of guns. I literally never talk about it to anyone. I guess they expect all of us to be obnoxious smh.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Just went to a large IRL AA meeting.

Not a lot of social distancing which is bad but honestly I needed to see people irl. I feel like I got a lot out that.

The first 12 step meeting I ever went to I tried to play it off like I was there for some grad school thing and not because I had a problem. Some guy in the back was like "gently caress you rear end in a top hat you're drunk" and he was right.

Saw him for the first time in 5 years at the meeting tonight. Dude just bought an e92 M3.

We were laughing so hard we were screaming.

Great time.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

LloydDobler posted:

Exactly. The most gun-crazy friends I know are extremely afraid, all the time. I tried to have the conversation once about how they're far more likely to shoot each other than a crook, I've tried to point out that they've never in their entire lives even come close to having someone break in while they're home, etc etc. All it did was make them mad and label me someone who brings up politics too much. They sleep with their guns ("won't be much use if it isn't loaded") and review the footage from their security cameras as part of their daily routine. The closest thing they've found to an aggressor is a dude climbed in their hot tub a couple times in the middle of the night, so they started using the locks. Mostly they'd show me how they caught a fox or skunk or racoon on video. They have a strict call and answer policy of shouting out each others names whenever they enter the house, but I still worry occasionally that they'll become a statistic.

I'm only worried about someone breaking in my house and stealing my guns. Which is something that most of these people don't seem to care about as most of them do not even buy a proper gun safe.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Wasting time while working from home watching Jay Leno's Garage.

Decided it was time to get away from youtube and do some work when I saw that he posted a new video 9 minutes ago about the Dodge Viper.

I feel like I've been slowly losing steam all year but now that it's Q4 I'm just loving checked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slQVERzykeY

Still very cool. I never get tired of Jay Leno complaining about cars beeping at you or service manuals telling you not to drink the battery acid lol.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Darchangel posted:

Oh, goddammit.
Does no good deed go unpunished?

I suppose it's worth noting that fairly often people are homeless for a reason, and that reason is themselves (usually mental illness of some sort.)

e:f,b.

Ironically being a homeless heroin addict for 9 months before getting sober made me less sympathetic to homeless people.

I have a social science background and I am sympathetic to the mentally ill and it is really hosed up that since Reagan closed the state loony bins the mentally ill are basically forced to live on the street in between short trips to the jail for petty crimes. Truly horrific.

The rest of the homeless (myself included) have other issues going on. I never wanted to hang out with the other homeless people because I realized very quickly that they were trouble.

Of course, during this time I was actively avoiding help because I did not want to quit dope. Once I decided to get clean and got help I realized how many resources there are for people looking to get their life together and since then I figure that the career homeless that aren't completely mentally ill just want to stay homeless. Maybe that's not fair but that was my experience for what it's worth.

I sponsor homeless people in 12 step programs but I would never let one into my home.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Krakkles posted:

This smells like a myth. I’m sure it happens sometimes, but with the socioeconomic inequality in this country I’d be shocked if it was any significant portion of the causes of homelessness.

Inequality, unattainable/unaffordable mental health care, rent inflation, wage stagnation etc etc.

Basically crumbling empire stuff.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Just rewatched Wall Street and it had me wondering if yuppies are even still a thing. I live in GA and never see anyone like that even in the city.

Also on the religion thing, you guys should read Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis.

Towards the end of the Screwtape letters he suggests that the devil's most successful trick was corrupting the church and getting people to worship Satan while they think they're worshipping God.

I would consider myself to be a Christian and I pray and meditate everyday, but I don't go to church. I was thinking about it before Covid but for now I'm happy with my own understanding of it tbh.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Rhyno posted:

Backing up a bit

I may not want or like kids but lunch debts at schools honks me the gently caress off.

In Georgia they feed the kids the same food they feed prisoners (or at least that was the case when I was in school in the 90s).

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

TheBacon posted:

So I know this definitely isn’t how it is, and both are getting terrible food, but treating our prison population better is definitely something that should be done! Should have good healthy food for both of those groups! (Also neither should be billed for it!)

Agreed. I honestly don't remember where I heard that. Maybe the same company that supplied food for prisons also provided food for public schools in GA or something? I'm not entirely sure but either way yeah they should not have to pay for it.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's doubly amusing when you realise The Satanic Temple itself is actually a lot more inline with what Jesus' teachings were and would be in the modern age.

Agreed.

The satanists were moralists fr.

I don't think that's what CS Lewis meant by that really. He just meant that through the lens of a corrupted institution, many people are actually praying for human suffering, destruction, chaos, greed etc when they really think that they are praying for good will and love etc etc.

From what I can tell that is definitely true for many of the prosperity gospel, trump supporting mega churches that I have seen.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

StormDrain posted:

Probably heard it right after you learned about Marilyn Manson having some ribs taken out.

Wait... so that was a lie too?

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm sure this was mentioned up-thread but I've literally seen Christians argue that the famous quote from Jesus himself "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven" actually had nothing to do with stacks of gold but that instead that the eye of a needle meant an actual physical gate into a city which was too small for a camel or some other loving nonsense. Like just say you love money, don't try to twist what is an insanely simple and easy to understand metaphor... It's the constant twisting of meaning that's so incredibly prevalent in all the weird versions of US Christianity that don't exist elsewhere. At one point there was loving mentalists running round with snakes and poo poo and I for sure saw some dickheads healing people and pushing them about with the spirit... At what point do you look at this and go "yo, this is loving STUPID" ?

Yeah the tongues and snakes thing is completely insane. I really don't understand how people get brought into that stuff but whatever.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
No surprise that Bill Gates is into car considering all of the speeding tickets he got in his 20s lmao.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

After doing home theater installs for years I have no desire to set one up. To me my simple 2.1 bose system plugged right into the TV sounds great in my little living room :v:

To be fair tho if I had a giant finished basement like you I'd probably have to do it.

I recently bought a cheap TCL soundbar + subwoofer deal and movies are now infinitely more enjoyable.

I've always had a good stereo for music, and monitor speakers on my computer setup but never on the TV.

Don't know why it took me so long to upgrade honestly.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I just ate a pint of ice-cream in one sitting.

I never eat sweets either my body was just craving sugar.

This is a new thing... Weird.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Speaking of guns and high velocity crazy, my son took this outside a gun store today while he and my wife were out and about getting the barn cat neutered.

https://youtu.be/i-6uLtJ0Y9s

The internet drugs/research chemicals really are too strong for human consumption tbh.

Chinese labs need to chill.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

everdave posted:

My doc says my body expects it after years of alcohol abuse you have mentioned other things before. I could not stand candy or sweets before now I’m an ice cream weirdo at home

Yeah I always hated sweets when I was drinking. And even the first two years sober I never liked it, but recently I've started liking sweets.

I quit smoking tobacco/vaping back in January so I can actually taste stuff now. Idk what it is but yeah I love ice cream now.

I mean alcohol really is just sugar when you think about it. It makes sense.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I filmed a pull with the 335d. Just a quick 2nd gear pull on the highway on ramp 30-60.

I'll post it if you guys are interested.

I understand that it is a very douchey thing to do I just wanted to film one pull before it gets sold because seriously the torque really is something else.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
https://streamable.com/t1129d

Ok here it is. I know people have started modifying these things I can’t imagine wanting to have any more torque than this tbh.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

https://streamable.com/t1129d

I posted it a few lines up.

I'm talking to the camera like a douche but it was a lot of fun pretending to be one of those guys that has a sticker with their instagram handle on their car.

It's not the greatest pull nor is it the healthiest example of a 335d. The previous owner really beat the poo poo out of it.

Still very fun though.

STR posted:

8GB is what I would consider the bare minimum for Windows 10, to be honest. 4 is doable if it's a SSD (and a tablet is going to be a SSD), but it's going to hammer the swap file.

Watch out for tablets that only have a 32GB SSD. I don't know how common they are now (particularly with something expensive enough to have an M3, but I bet they're still in low end tablets), but I know once the OS is installed and has even just temp files, swap file, a few security updates, etc, there's not enough room left to do a major OS update. Everything I've seen with a 32GB or 64GB has it soldered to the board.

It bugs me that most companies are still selling computers with 8gb ram on the base models.

The 6th Gen X1 Carbon my company gave me has the optional 512gb SSD but only the base 8gb of ram. It's fine because I'm a salesman and pretty much only run excel, the software that I demo (which runs in browser), Outlook, WebEx, and Salesforce/Hubspot/CRM (which again runs in browser). It's just annoying to me because it would be so much faster if it had 16gb of ram. I open like 3 tabs in chrome on top of office and outlook and boom I've hit swap.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Got a new psych and had to dust off this old "psycho-educational" report from when I was 15 and ouch!

I have a 90 iq and my short term memory and processing scores are in the special education range.

Well I guess at least I know why school was hard lmao.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

MomJeans420 posted:

Sounds more like 8bit_Dophins

64k_Dolphins

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

640K_Dolphins should be enough for anybody

Goober Peas posted:

Some of us survived with only 512k_Dolphins for a loooooong time

These days 16gb_Dolphins really should come standard tbh.

I for real had a bit of an identity crisis about it yesterday but all it really shows is that I have a pretty severe learning disability which honestly explains a lot.

Pretty crazy that I was still able to make it through college. I guess the adderall really WAS needed haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

meatpimp posted:

So what do they suggest to improve / accommodate your processing scores?

Adderall XR