Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

LloydDobler posted:

Bittersweet moment, my daughter drove up to see me, only to steal my Halloween decorations for her dorm room. As in, she only wanted the decorations.

Not a daughter but the sentiment is the same regardless. If there is any one thing I like about the pandemic it's that I'm getting a lot of family time. My son is 16, a junior in high school. Only about a year and a half left....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I woke up this morning to discover there are squirrels in my attic, and Trump has covid. All in all a good start to the day.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I think we can answer the title now.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Hey death ain’t stopped Herman Cain from tweeting some “lol, how do I flipped covid?” type poo poo.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Well I guess my months-long saga of respiratory illness, kidney infections, and pissing blood comes to a head tomorrow. They’re cutting out my tonsils and I’m super not excited about it. I hear the recovery is excruciating at my age. I think it’ll be November before I’m 100% again. :sadwave:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I’m alive and liquid hydrocodone is fantastic.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
If y’all wanna see some goatse-level poo poo I could share a picture of what’s left of my tonsils.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

bird with big dick posted:

I apparently have enormous tonsils making for a "very crowded airway" but my doc said the same thing, that it's a bitch as an adult, so I just get to be cpapped forever.

I’m now 24 hours post surgery and feel surprisingly OK. The hydrocodone helps a lot in that regard I think, but I had to wait nearly six hours to get it post surgery cause the liquid form is rare or something. Regardless, while those six hours without pain meds weren’t very pleasant, it was not as painful a condition as when I was first diagnosed with strep this year. Also, due to the fact that I’ve had strep for months my tonsils were huge. I’m in for more pain though I think, my understanding is that it gets worse for a few days, then slowly subsides.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
What partially took so long getting my meds is that the CVS by my house said they ain’t got it but this other CVS cross town does. So my wife goes there and they’re like “we ain’t got that here!”. Now the computers are saying they do, so woopsie, someone lost a controlled substance!

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Pull all the picture frames off the walls.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

64bit_Dophins posted:

Yeah it’s always a shock to ppl that I own a bunch of guns. I literally never talk about it to anyone. I guess they expect all of us to be obnoxious smh.

Same. I also own a bunch of guns and never talk about them. Some of them I’ve acquired as trade on cars I’ve flipped. It’s not that uncommon in Missouri, guns are like currency in certain circles round here.

On the tonsils front; I just ate some nachos no problem. I really expected to be in a lot more pain than this. One of the nurses told me two days before the procedure that they regularly have patients call up post surgery thinking something is wrong due to unbearable pain. I’m just mildly uncomfortable. I even went two hours past time for pain meds and was feeling ok.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Maybe I spoke too soon about pain. Ooof, this morning was rough. Also despite "laying down" almost vertical with pillows wedged under me, it appears I had a lot of drainage into my lungs last night. Coughing is quite unpleasant, but my chest rattles so hard I have cough it out.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I’ll believe in just about any deity you want for a poo poo right about now. Apparently a diet of instant mashed potatoes, hydrocodone, shells and cheese, and Zoloft do not a poop make.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

knox_harrington posted:

Yeah it's something you normally don't give a second thought to but if your guts stop working it becomes a problem pretty rapidly. If you're still on opioid painkillers look into getting some lactulose to take at the same time.

Thanks I’ll look into it. I’ve got a few more days left but I may be able to stop early. The pain the last 48 hours has been pretty intense but in the last six hours has started to subside. I actually slept a little last night, like real restorative sleep not opioid nod-off sleep.

Anyway, my favorite drug from this ordeal is the versed (Midazolam). That stuff really takes the edge off.

Edit: Also I’ve not been taking Zoloft, I meant Zofram. I’ve been taking Zofram cause the hydrocodone makes me vomit. Also I guess it makes me confuse Zoloft for Zofram. Hooray opioids!

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Oct 14, 2020

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Rhyno posted:

I would gladly trade you. Last night I got bit so bad, 9 trips to the shitter and I was freezing. Toss in severe gut cramps and I thought I had covid symptoms. Seems that it was mild food poisoning instead as I am pretty much back to normal now.

It is truly no-fun getting sick in the covid-era. That is for sure. I just got back from the ER. Day five post surgery and I had a sudden change in pain (it got incredibly worse) and appearance (my top right side turned into a giant blood blister over the course of about four hours), and while it wasn’t actively bleeding a lot, these things can go from “huh? specks of blood” to “old faithful” pretty quick, due to the vascularity of the site. And the whole time I’m having this internal argument; Do I go to the ER and risk covid exposure at a site I’m sure covid exists, or do I stay home and risk a sudden bleed-out/drowning in my own blood? Turns out everything is OK (ish) and I’m not showing a likelihood of a sudden heavy bleed according to a CT scan. So I made the wrong decision? The only thing I know for sure is that I’m exhausted. Every well is dry.

Edit: I just about completely broke down after discovering I had a rather long conversation with my wife earlier today that I now have no recollection of. gently caress opioids, I wish I was stronger.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 15, 2020

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Put my Wrangler up for sale today. I'm kind of sad about it, but I just couldn't drive it without the anxiety of feeling completely exposed and vulnerable in it because of my accident. especially with my son riding along, I felt very uncomfortable driving in traffic and all i could think about was what if there was an accident. I thought i was over it but I guess not :(

I get it, man. I sold my motorcycle this year due to similar feelings. Took a year of just staring at it in the garage before I did though, so good on you for being more decisive.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

RIP Paul Walker posted:

I’m thinking about selling my E46 that I’ve had since 2007 and it’s been hard to come to terms with.

This was the motivation tho: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2010-lotus-evora-6/ . I saw that car for sale prior to it going on BaT (it was local to me) and am still kicking myself for not buying it because the color combo is amazing.

Has anyone else sold a car they’ve had for over a decade and have spent a relatively insane amount of money on?

A new greasy/shiny something makes it easier for me, but also selling to the right buyer. And forgive me for sounding potentially predatorily opportunistic here, but I’ve long had an unscratched itch for an e46. Not that I’m in a particularly good place to be buying, but please share the car with us. I’d love to hear more.

In other news since I’m once again unable to sleep without choking due to the tonsillectomy scars draining down my throat, I went at my nose/septoplasty site with oxymetazoline, a small flashlight, and cotton swabs to clear out the mess of bloody boogers packed around my stents. I got em clear! I can breath through my nose! My septum was ruined by a dresser falling on my face when I was 3. I’ve spent nearly my whole life not knowing my near inability to breath through my nose was unusual and now, even with these giant stents in place I can breath better than I can ever remember! I can also smell my farts now and wow. They are bad wrong. Holy crap I can just about gag myself! And the staying power, these babies got so much to give! I am disgusting.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Yeah I could see that being a car I could fall in love with. I’m kinda ready to part with Schwags. I have a friend I would gift it to. An incredibly gifted/flawed musician whom I’ve known since childhood. Ours is a long tale the current state of which I cannot converse with him anymore, but he’s still one of my favorite persons. I do consider him a good friend and I’m sure he sees me the same. I know he’s had a hard go of it as of late, even in the best of times he teeters on the edge of homelessness.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 15, 2020

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Trouser chili: where are you? The car is in Portland.. I’d have a much much easier time selling it if I knew it was going to a good home and the new owner would “understand” it’s history and quirks.

St. Louis. I flew to Fresno not too long ago to buy a car and drove it back though. I love a good road trip. I’ve got the same problem of too many vehicles at this time, hence my beloved Schwags is on the chopping block. On top of all that my old man keeps threatening to give me his 1998 RL and my sister says she’s also giving me her 2004 TSX in the next two years. Might take me a bit to figure how all these pieces fit, but I don’t imagine you’re buying your dream Evora tomorrow either. Let’s keep in touch about it.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Went six hours of uninterrupted sleep for the first time since surgery, and on only a half shot of hydrocodone! The pain I woke up with was exquisite! Took fully 40 minutes for another half shot to break through. Along with it was four ibuprofen, an ice-down, and numbing throat spray, but I do dare say I’m starting to feel normal again. I get my septoplasty stents out later this morning and my final procedure - a balloon sinuplasty. It’s like getting your HVAC ducts cleaned out, but inside your face. Should be fun.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

mariooncrack posted:

That's great! It sounds like your tonsil removal is going way better than mine did. My staples came out in the middle of the night and I ended up back in the hospital for a few days.

Wow, yeah no staples here. They used a cryonic knife that cauterizes as it cuts, so no suturing needed. Just had the stents pulled, was not comfortable.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

meatpimp posted:

Yeah, but... how are your poops?

Grasshoppers transform into swarm of locust based on the number of certain trigger events cumulatively experienced throughout their lives. We’re talking about extraordinarily primitive social behavior here, but what’s to say humans have totally escaped such an early intra(?)-social strategy? The number of conflict known throughout human history that make little sense seems to suggest to, in my mind. I’ve always been extremely naive in some sense though. Regardless, what’s not to say that a basic human strategy in regards to a new social playing field (EG: The Information Age) wouldn’t be to employ an extremely primitive social strategy? Wanna fix it? We find the trigger events, we break the cycle. I’m choosing to focus on transfers of stress. I think by far it’s the most used strategy by which we are creating diversions. We find some stress that bugs us and build a meme or trope about it, the point it out in each other over and over. It’s a silly social strategy.

Anyway I’m nodding in and out high as gently caress on hydrocodone and Vicodin right now. What was the question? So I started out writing about how excruciating hiccups are right now and how they’re caused by my continuing constipation. I ended up at the above and decided to truncate the beginning cause I though it was funny. We need to focus on building each other up, man. I still need to poop, thanks for asking. You’re alright.

Watched the Big Lebowski last night with my son, first time for him. I think he got something out of it. I should probably hit “Post” now or this ain’t never gonna end...

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

STR posted:

I know this is AI, but there's a lot of computer-touchers in here.

Dead hard drive recovery service recommendations? I know they're expensive, but I was using a friend's laptop and the HDD just up and died - heard the windows "hardware disconnected" noise, then... dead. Drive isn't recognized at all even in an external enclosure and just makes sad HDD noises. The PC's BIOS occasionally sees "Hard drive" on the first SATA port, but nothing else (no model, no serial, etc) - most of the time it just says nothing is connected. Apparently there's some Very Important poo poo on it.

No backups, natch. 8 year old WD Black 2.5" with very low hours on it. Tried it in another laptop, and an external enclosure, both just occasional show some kind of drive is there, but can't identify it (or that nothing is hooked up). It ded, just sounds like the heads are seeking several times before when powered on, and doesn't sound like it's spinning up. Friend's laptop is back up and running with a new el-cheapo SSD in it.

If the plates aren’t spinning up try freezing the drive. Yeah no poo poo, stick it in a freezer. Also give light percussive maintenance on start up. Treat it like a starter with a dead spot, man. If freezing don’t work, go the other direction. Use a hair dryer on the bearing faces of the platters. More light percussive maintenance, we’re talking tapping with a screwdriver handle, man. If it still don’t work you can replace the drive’s board itself. The tricky part is finding the exact same make, model, and to some degree (sometimes) of sub-model of what is now likely an obsolete OEM drive.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

meatpimp posted:

This is the best post I've read in a long time.

Fun fact: John Goodman went to my high school. His mother was my lunch lady. Thanks for reading, I think I’m closer to earth now.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 16, 2020

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I only know one confirmed case and she hit the jackpot and got what some call "long covid", so 5 months after first symptoms she still has problems with exhaustion, pain and breathlessness.

EDIT: She's in her early 40s and in fairly good shape before this.

I met a neighbor yesterday while walking the dog that has the same. Says she’s going on 125 days no sense of smell or taste. She also told me she tries horseradish every day and nothing. Not sure bout her strategy here, but I do like horseradish. So much so I decided to have some on a small sandwich last night. Surprisingly that was not a problem whatsoever for my tonsil recovery site or nose. Feeling brave, I branched out to a large swig of Kirkland Tropical Mango drank. Which was entirely incompatible with my surgical site. It was like drinking a big gulp or white hot surgical needles, and they somehow instantly traveled from my throat to the back of my eyeballs. It was excruciating but laughable as I got it managed in a matter of minutes.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 17, 2020

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Good news everybody, it’s more Vicodin time! Oh wait, this is Diazepam. I’m taking diazepam. Sorry this my drug collection of active medications right now.

This is me right now.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Rhyno posted:

A friend of mine was mugged, shot and nearly died in Cincy yesterday. He's alive, going into surgery tomorrow. He said in his post they told him people shot in this manner almost always die whatever that means. Almost lost another one. gently caress this year man.

God drat, that’s horrific. I have a worrying feeling the world is gonna keep getting meaner for a while.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

mariooncrack posted:

Cincy has some really rough areas.

I never really think of Cincinnati in that way either. It’s straight up naïveté I think in part because everywhere looks safer when compared to St. Louis.

Speaking of naïveté, I’m starting work again tomorrow. The plan is that because I’ll be out of pain pills, I must then also be out of pain. The fact that it’s now 1AM, I’m awake and in tears is starting to show the folly in my thought process. I split my last hydrocodone in half and just took it. Here’s hoping.....

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 19, 2020

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Every time I wake up it’s cause blood is pouring from my mouth. This isn’t good. I can get it to stop by literally hosing my mouth down with Afrin. Doesn’t taste great.

I really don’t want to go to the ER.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Right side had tore open. It was the cause of the bleed. Just left my second surgery to have it re-cauterized. They let me keep the leg squeezie things this time.

Guys, don’t get your tonsils out at 42 if you can, it’s not great.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

meatpimp posted:

I've been keeping my wife apprised of your journey. She's 41 and wants to get her tonsils out. You are affecting her sleep.

I’m really sorry for her. I really was at a “no-choice” situation, and knowing what I know now, I don’t think I’d do it if I felt there was some other treatment plan available. I certainly tried and really implored my GP to look over everything before going forward with the surgeon diagnosis. Here’s the rub though; It ain’t gonna get any easier. Every day you age is more recovery time added to the process.

Surprisingly the pain is not at it worst day one, it builds over four to five days post surgery. The detachment event last night was excruciating. I had two of those happen.

Finding liquid hydrocodone was very difficult for some reason. Plan for that problem.

Bag ice from Sonic drive in is loving ace. It’s kinda a soft ice, easy to chew. I ate ice for like 48 hours straight to start. I also continually swapped two ice packs designed to wrap your neck. This combined plan was great for keeping the swelling away, and keeping hydrated (both myself in general and my surgical site). I did not really sleep during this time. Two reasons, one is I couldn’t lay down. Had to stay upright. The other is that I don’t really sleep on hydrocodone, I may enter unconsciousness, but it’s not really sleep.

You’ll want several bottles of Afrin nasal spray (Oxymetazoline). You can snort it like you’re supposed to, but during my detachment I was just spraying it direct in my mouth. It’s a strong vasoconstrictor and can stop both bleeds and pain from swelling. It probably prevented me from an ER visit last night, which meant I got treated by my surgeon today instead of whomever was on duty.

Vick’s VapoCOOL throat spray is amazing as well, but kinda dangerous cause you might not feel the damage you do eating and whatnot. Speaking of, I expected to have no appetite throughout. I was wrong. They gave me steroids and I was starving all the time.

Eating on hydrocodone causes another problem, constipation. Constipation causes hiccups, and hiccups can cause a detachment event or tear. I take a shot of Dulcolax with every shot of hydrocodone, and another immediately after a meal if I think I might need it at all. I also take a gas-x pill with this, cause burps are similarly terrible feeling.

Warm-ish Coca-Cola is pretty nice, too cold can be too intense. Sprite is lemon-lime pain, it has citric acid.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Ether Frenzy posted:

Good to see Rudy still has all the intelligent decisionmaking and judgement skills we rely upon as a chief advisor to the president. Just the best people, all the way down, and such strong moral backbones too, I'm very glad they're here to tell the rest of us how to live a christian life.

Coulda gone down in history like Elliot Ness. I mean Giuliani dropped The Commission. Guess we can surmise how he became compromised. Now I wonder if there have been any people known for running underage honeypots around Rudy & Friends....Zonks! I think we could solve a mystery here!

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
My girl Sophie is here with the sympathy pains.

But mostly she just wants a go at my mashed potatoes.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Darchangel posted:

Ideally, I would attach the door to the drawer, and just have the whole assembly slide out - in fact, brackets were included for that - but I have a 55-year old not-updated kitchen that uses external hinges, so it wouldn't look right, and if I remove the hinges, it would leave a scar that would have to be cleaned up.

Attach the door to the drawer as normal. Don’t remove the hinges from the door itself. Do remove the screws from the cabinet-side of the hinge. Cut the heads off these screws. Glue them in place in the hinge so it looks like it has screws. Glue the hinge in the position that makes it look like a correct normal hinge when the cabinet is shut. Maybe glue a bit of felt to the backside as well so it doesn’t slap the cabinet when you close the door.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Darchangel posted:

May do that anyway. I'd love to replace all of the cabinets, but $$$.

edit:

Now there's a thought.

Hey don’t let me discourage you though, I’m all for your sliding track/rail idea. I think it’s cool as gently caress. If you go for it you gotta show it off though. I wanna see it work. Not sure I could do it myself without a fair bit of fiddling and I’ve fiddled together a fair bit of weird work.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

LloydDobler posted:

Just watched the new Borat. I gotta say, 2 things: I'm really not a fan of cringe humor. On the flip side, I recognize the mastery of it that Sacha Baron Cohen has of it. Maria Bakalova is an amazing find for him, she's insanely good at doing what he needed for this movie. But holy poo poo is it cringey. I don't find myself laughing as much as just sitting there saying "holy poo poo" over and over, and wondering if he's going to catch a beating.

Just did and felt about the same. I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first Borat, but that’s really not a complaint. This year has availed me of the irreverence needed to enjoy the humor in a lot of poo poo.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Aside from the obvious, tell me one good reason I shouldn’t buy a $30k g-wagon.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/816038352498357/

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

McTinkerson posted:

Because you can get newer ones that are LHD from Japan for less? (While still falling under the 25 year rule.)

Newer doesn’t always sell on me. Here’s my thoughts on it:
1: Wife says “go buy new Bronco”
2: New Bronco is $30k depreciation machine.
3: 1987 G-Wagon is OM617 powered
4: I used to have OM616 powered 240d (still have tools and knowledge)
5: I used to off-road a Scout and wanna go off-roading again.
6: A Scout of the same quality as that G-Wagon costs nearly the same and is a comparative bucket of poo poo that will rust apart if you use it.
7: G-wagon, g-wagon, g-wagon!
8: It’ll fit in the neighborhood much better than my crapcan Accord.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I don't know about the bronco being a depreciation machine, if it's anything like the Wrangler (it is) it's going to hold it's value well. Also will have a warranty.

That being said no way I would buy a first year model of anything, I would at least wait until the second MY.

I've considered that a Bronco may actually be able to be purchased and driven for up to a year and possibly sold for small profit, depending on how the supply and demand goes. It's also something I can finance (for something close to 0% at that), the G-wagon is basically not. I don't need financing though.

I've got a car itch bad and a lot of options in front of me. Seven years ago I set out with personal financial program to finance buying either an Ariel Atom or a Morgan three-wheeler for myself when I turned 40. However the month I turned 40 I found this house for sale, and while it was a huge leap financially to make it work, the opportunity costs should we ignore it were too great. So we did it. It's been a bit over two years since then and I've finally settled the finances, refinanced the mortgage on the new house, and for the first time ever; earned more income from investments than I did from salary. My opportunity chickens have come home to roost.

Here's the rub, I just don't know what I want. I almost don't even drive anymore anyway. Maybe that'll change again in the future, but I'm only five miles from work these days and prefer to ride my bicycle. In a way this makes things harder, as I can support some otherwise wildly inappropriate vehicle choices, it's not like I'm going to be spending two hours a day in it and I've always got a fallback in the Odyssey.

So anyway, here's a list of vehicles I've been looking at:

E36-E46/M3 - What's to say, these are great cars. Feeling like they're getting a lot of attention price-wise though.

That 1987 300GD - Ticks a lot of boxes, might be slow to sell once I get sick of it.

1967 Oldsmobile 442 - On my bucket list but in a way it's for my father. He used to have one long ago.

1997-2001 NSX - On my bucket list but I feel these are way overvalued compared to something like a 2021 Vette

AP1 S2000 - On my bucket list for a long time, but I do have a ND Miata these days, kinda makes a S2000 feel redundant.

A pair of XJ Cherokees - Speaking of redundancy, can't have just one! This would be fun cause me and my son could offroad together with pair.

An Ariel Atom - I mean, yeah.

2021 Vette - Very nice, better deal than a NSX.

2021 Bronco - New shiny!

Just a whole bunch more Accord wagons - Probably what will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

BraveUlysses posted:

it'll be the best thing you'll ever do for yourself (and family), even though it sucks for now

I'm hardly a religious person but I was married in a church, and consulted with the priest there prior to completing the ceremony and stuff. She said something to us that's stuck with me. She asked if we were dedicated to each other over our own happiness and needs, and like the happy horny couple we were, we eagerly agreed. The priest then asked that we rethink the need to take care of one's self first. Through hammy analogy she regarded that our love is like a well, and if our own well is dry there is no love/water to give to others. So we first had to ensure our own needs were met and satisfied before we could have the capacity to take care of others with the love, care, and attention they deserve from you. Anyway, I'm not very good at it, but there it is.