Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Rhyno posted:

It's a hoax. He's going to recover with no long term problems to convince his base he's been right about Covid the whole time.

Hydroxychloroquine will be the cure, and 99% survive blah blah blah. Science will die in this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yeah I pretty much would be hard pressed to pick a worse time - people are voting right now, he loses two weeks of campaigning on the road in the best case senario, he looks weak, he has been pinned to the overarching failure of policy that lead to 7 million infected, a million with chronic condtions, over 200,000 dead - there is nothing good for him at all. Asfar as I am seeing the chat and news is all about his failures and how his failures got him into this situation.

At his age and fatness, Covid is I think close to 15% fatality, chronic issues are another 20%, very VERY few people in his bracket get out of it easy. Sure, he has the worlds best medical services however that's not going to change the chances that much. There really is a good chance his fat rear end will be on a ventilator right on election day.

I honestly dont see how Trump gains from any senario TBH. Let alone there's a basically a coin flip he wont be able to walk on election day

I think we should be bombing twitter and other right wing platforms with this. Create a conspiracy theory that says he doesn’t have it and is just doing it to get biden off the air and his horrid debate performance out of the spotlight.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Rhyno posted:

You know, if Trump wins in a month, every single person who said "I VOTED 3RD PARTY IT'S NOT A WASTE OF MY VOTE" or something similar should get the ever living gently caress kicked out of them.

Getting really tired of this “both sides” crap myself. Yes, both candidates have issues, but its pretty loving disproportionate.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

My wife comes from a quiverfull, homeschool, southren baptist family. I work and have worked in factories/farms or other blue collar jobs my entire life. You can guess what my friends lists and Facebook feeds look like. I see a lot of them disgusted with Trump and what its become, particularly after Lafayette square and the racist bullhorn he used at the debate. But they have been so indoctrinated against “demonrats” that they just can’t bring themselves to do it. But its progress, a year ago they would never have given a second thought to any of dear leaders actions.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
So on my way into work at 4am this morning I hit a deer. It felt like a very light hit, right below the drivers headlight made contact with the rear end end of the deer and it ran off. I got out and heard it in the brush rustling leaves and making dying noises. It happened really close to a river and it sounded like the deer was headed that way, and I wasn’t about to chase it. Didn’t have anything to dispatch it with and only had the light from my iPhone. I looked over the truck and didn’t see any damage. Drove to work, didn’t see damage under the parking lot lights. Came out at lunch and noticed a very slight dent in the bumper.

Its the very slight dip on the lower third in the picture. I thought for sure there is no way that deer was hurt. I have seen them go through windshields and walk away.

I don’t know what ram made that loving bumper out of because sure as poo poo I drove by the spot on my way home and it was about 25 yards back from where I hit it in the ditch across from a dealership. I feel bad about leaving it, but understand this area is overpopulated and I didn’t break any laws by leaving since there was no property damage.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Ferremit posted:

It’s a clamshell style bucket

https://youtu.be/jauUkLrF9Nc

Makes tractors and skid steers 100 times more versitile. Downside is that the bucket is heavier so your overall lift capacity gets cut.

Most tractors don’t get optioned with an extra hydraulic function on the loader. You can, but for some reason the take rate is really low in the US. When I bought my NH powerstar 120 there were a couple dozen 100-120hp CNH tractors within an hour drive, only one had the factory installed third function. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to add the factory kit outside of the factory on these. John Deere and Kubota were the same, almost everything on the lot has a loader, next to none with the third function.

Eventually I will plumb up a diverter and add it myself.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Day started off ok...

Got a lot mowed, but I didn’t quit while I was ahead.

Hmmm...

Going to give that a week to dry out and order a kinetic rope in the mean time. Any sizing recommendations on that? I would guess the tractor and bat wing weigh 20,000 lbs.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Fermented Tinal posted:

No no no no no, you're supposed to go get your neighbour to bring their tractor over so it can get stuck trying to you out, and then the next neighbour, and you just keep going until you find someone with a high hoe to pull everyone out.

I might ask a neighbor if I can’t get it with my 37hp Mahindra or the UTV. Its a really steep slope, theres some backward rollover risk with a tractor so I am hesitant to put someone else at risk. I knew it was hosed so I stopped before it really dug in. Its not supposed to rain this week so maybe by next weekend I can get it out using the loader. Not even gonna try to get my truck out there.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Fermented Tinal posted:

When tugging out a tractor with another tractor it is best to have them facing one another and to use the tractor doing the tugging in low reverse gears. It's also the safer way to do it, just like going up a steep grade, use reverse!

Also good with this method is if you have a loader on the rescue tractor because you can use it to take weight off the front end of the stuck one while loading down the rescue.

That was my plan, front of the tractor to front of the tractor. Its still a really stupid spot, the confluence of two waterways near the bottom of the slope. The slope itself is complex and steep. The immediate neighbors mostly have old 2wd stuff thats not so great in this situation, so last resort there, i suppose I could go a little farther and ask some of the big grain/turkey guys but I would rather not. I stopped before it got too buried, its mostly the batwing holding it back. I think I can get it out, just not today.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

bird with big dick posted:

Why you mowing down in that gully

So it doesn’t return to forest and our cows can enjoy the grass? I am not mowing the big trench in the middle, its about 8-10’ deep. The back wheels of the batwing are just over the edge.

This is my first time mowing this parcel, not sure what I can get away with just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Ferremit posted:

Drop the implement and see if the machine will walk out without the extra weight and drag of the batwing, then once your back up on the harder ground just loop the PTO shaft up out of the way with rope and skull drag the slasher out.

Also what tyre PSI you running and are they water ballasted? I've run our big New Holland T6010 Delta down at 6psi all round to get maximum flotation and grip in really soft steep country before.

We've had our T6010 tractor sunk down to the frame before, then got a Massey 3095 spun out trying to get that out, and then had to use two landcruisers to winch out the Massey and wait a fortnight to get the New Holland back.

The farm guys on youtube all seem to use Yankum ropes for their tractor recovery stuff and some of them (Like welker farms and fastAG are pulling out some absolutely STUPIDLY big heavy stuff thats got stuck before.

Its at 8 psi, tubed and filled with washer fluid in addition to the weights. The wheels are out as far I could reasonably set them.

I really would rather not unhook the mower. I bent the jacking point on a hidden stump, and broke the shear pin on my hi lift trying to get it on this time. Its a JD CX15 and weighs in over 7k. Where its sitting now it would roll back into the ditch and go near vertical. I bent the loader bucket trying to pick up the tongue after the jack broke so I would just wind up loving things up more I think, trying to unpin it and get it out later. I think a couple days to dry out and a good yank with a kinetic rope from either the small tractor or my utv and it will come out. Its not buried too bad yet, messing around will just make it worse.

I forgot to mention: we had 6” of rain this week. It ended Thursday, today being Saturday. Things are just abnormally soft. That area doesn’t appear to be permanently wet, its still grass, so it should dry out.

rdb fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 1, 2020