Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Do you want a depreciating asset that nobody has much passion for or a video game wet dream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I’m thinking about selling my E46 that I’ve had since 2007 and it’s been hard to come to terms with.

This was the motivation tho: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2010-lotus-evora-6/ . I saw that car for sale prior to it going on BaT (it was local to me) and am still kicking myself for not buying it because the color combo is amazing.

Has anyone else sold a car they’ve had for over a decade and have spent a relatively insane amount of money on?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Thanks, I needed the push. It’s not that I don’t still enjoy driving it, but I have this and a 4th gen 3SGTE MR2 that I’d also be selling to fund the Evora (along side a healthy infusion of additional cash) and the idea of having a single fun car plus whatever new daily I happen to have is extremely appealing these days. Moreso than keeping my cherished 330.

Trouser, it’s the 330Ci I bought from Das Volk ages ago. It’s had most of the E46 weak points fixed, along with some other poo poo. At this point, it’s a pretty solid car that just has a few niggles to fix. Black/black with sport package, M3 shadow line trim, replica m3 bumper and mirrors, m3 and Meyle HD bushings/drivetrain mounts (gently caress polyurethane!), uuc shifter, reinforced front and rear subframes, strut tower reinforcement, new eibach sportline+Koni orange with all new mounts, repainted about 8 years ago... the list probably keeps going.

Here’s a few pics (first one with bonus MR2!):

(This pic is on stock suspension after I removed the coilovers but before I put on the Eibachs. For some reason the Eibach pic won’t loving post)

It’s been a great car and has plenty of stories, but I think having an Evora instead of these two would make me happier. Even if the Evora would likely be slower than the MR2 :-)

Ps: unlike das volk, I’m not a loving nazi

And one more pic on stock suspension

Bonus pic of the MR2 right before the new transmission got installed

RIP Paul Walker fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 15, 2020

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

You’re so right, I could totally see myself selling the MR2, buying the Evora, and keeping the E46 around still. The big issue there would be storage space - I want to be able to keep everything* at home and two cars is do-able, 3+ would be hard.

*I also have a minivan that I am fine with leaving at the shop

Trouser chili: where are you? The car is in Portland.. I’d have a much much easier time selling it if I knew it was going to a good home and the new owner would “understand” it’s history and quirks.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

trouser chili posted:

St. Louis. I flew to Fresno not too long ago to buy a car and drove it back though. I love a good road trip. I’ve got the same problem of too many vehicles at this time, hence my beloved Schwags is on the chopping block. On top of all that my old man keeps threatening to give me his 1998 RL and my sister says she’s also giving me her 2004 TSX in the next two years. Might take me a bit to figure how all these pieces fit, but I don’t imagine you’re buying your dream Evora tomorrow either. Let’s keep in touch about it.

Nice! I love a good car-buying road trip, it’s how I got the E46 and was my first experience over (well over) 120mph. I am not buying my dream Evora anytime soon, I should have done it when it was up for fuckin’ sale!

I will need a new Cleveland daily driver at some point, maybe around the time you’re trying to get rid of one of the Acuras you don’t have yet. Let’s try and make this as complex as possible :-)

That lets me focus on getting the MR2 sold first, too, which I have far less emotional investment in. Maybe the guy I bought it from wants it back... it’s a great car, Prime built it so it’s not some hacked-together DIY job.

That reminds me, one of the big drivers behind this change is the constant fear I have over the MR2 getting JDM-stolen if I drive it somewhere. I was in Portland last week and avoided taking it out overnight ‘cause it would have been parked outside in a less-than-great neighborhood and visible from a busy street.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

tell me about your MR2

1991 na car, Prime did the 4th gen 3SGTE swap using the stock trans. Prior owner put 30k on the swap, I’ve put another few k on. I broke the original transmission and swapped in a low mile NA trans.

Mechanically fairly solid, cosmetically a bit poo poo but looks sexy from a distance. It’s fairly Quick, and I love the short NA ratios. I don’t think I’d like it nearly as much with the turbo’s gear ratios.

I have very few pics ‘cause I haven’t owned it very long.

poo poo, that pic reminded me: speaking of unrealized dreams, I’ve always wanted to be able to do my own alignments and even bought a machine prior to learning how much doing alignments on a 2-post lift sucks rear end. I gotta sell that fuckin’ alignment machine too.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

my buddy is now the current owner of this evora and he really likes it

https://jalopnik.com/maximum-bob-lutzs-maximum-lotus-evora-is-for-sale-5977773

im not sure he drives it much though

I’m softly in the market for a green/oyster Evora and will be hard in the market after my other cars are gone.

Think he’ll want to sell it? I wonder if the stripes can be removed like they can on Fords...

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

What kind of food are you feeding? I feed my cat frozen raw food and she seems to be much happier about where she does her business since her body processes it a lot easier.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Aww gently caress, that really sucks. I don’t suppose they’d do well as an outdoor cat?

It makes me so angry to hear about animals that were abused, sorry you have to go through that. The peeing everywhere is definitely not a cat’s normal nature (let me tell you about what happens when I leave oil cleanup litter out at the shop...) and you’re right to look at the root cause.

Sorry man...

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I’ve bought two cheap brothers and they’ve been good.

There’s another brand I’ve bought too, also a cheap laser. Seems similarly fine. Also had a cheap Samsung laser many years ago, that was fine too.

TLDR most cheap b&w lasers have been good to me.

Brother does natively support AirPrint tho which fuckin’ rocks. My brother AIO also supports native scan to email which I love. So far, it Just Works (but still don’t trust it on your main network).

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Speaking of password policies, someone I know had their IT department ask for their password to set up a new laptop. This person is a sad nerd who’s installed Win98 so many times they have memorized a CD key, thus making for an excellent password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Mooecow posted:

Hi everyone! It has been too long, I mainly lurk these days. The trucks are just too reliable so no new content.

This is a longshot but does anyone know anyone in the Canton, OH area that can look at a car for me? Looking to expand the old car fleet. I'd make the drive myself but I'd have to stay overnight in a hotel and with covid that just sketches me out.

I need to drop something off in Canton, this would be a good excuse to finally do that. What kinda car?