Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

lobsterminator posted:

Are you required to disclose your sex offender register status on VATSIM?

new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

froody guy posted:

But did they ever ask for an ID?

Anyway, all privacy issues aside, my main concern is to avoid losing all the connections to my VATSIM account should it one day get banned, and who knows what else, IP blacklisted, names called and dick punched.
No, they never did. Just use a generic rear end name and go fly.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

lobsterminator posted:

you have to inform each controller during your flight and they give you a nonce code to squawk

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
VATSIM also just doesn't have time to deal with checking ID. There can be thousands of players connected at any one time and more join every day. They are from all over the world and can be almost any age.

The few supervisors won't even notice you unless you try hard to be an rear end in a top hat. And even if you are they'll just give you a warning or time out.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

lobsterminator posted:

Squawk 5150

That Works posted:

Make sure that the parent directories are not marked "Read Only" is my only guess there.
It's gotta be some sort of a simple windows security setting I'm missing for an installed app. Whenever I do it, I get a "Windows blocked" whatever in the bottom right.

It's a default tree structure going in the user documents location.
IE: C:/users/slidebite/documents/little navmap

I manually went in there and created a directory called "little Navamap Files" and it still didn't work. I have tons of other directories in there from other games and programs though, so I don't know wtf. I certainly didn't do anything special when I installed Orcs must Die but it has a directory in there just fine.

e: Fixed. Controlled app access in windows

slidebite fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 26, 2024

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

That Works posted:

Yall might not be ready for this but “That Works, PhD” is not my real name

I listed you as a reference to get my job with that name....

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Cojawfee posted:

I listed you as a reference to get my job with that name....

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

froody guy posted:

It's still considered 'gaming' isn't it?

That's the thing, some people take their pixel planes very seriously. Not even kidding there's a bunch of weirdos who get offended when you call their simulation a 'game'. Ignore all of that nonsense and please enjoy yourself.