Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Just turn on the taxi tape. I started out listening to ATC and writing down what they told me and then looking it up on a map. What the game told me has been wrong most of the time or makes no sense.

Yeah the issue is that the taxiways are procedurally named and marked so even with charts they can be hard to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Now that MSFS has been out a bit, any "must have" mods or planes people can recommend? I'm getting back into it and want to have some fun.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Rot posted:

Sim Update 5 broke a bunch of stuff but things will be put back together soon enough.

My favourite mods, some paid most free, in no order:
WT CJ4
WT g1000 (soon to be replaced by g1000 nxi)
Got Gravel Savage Carbon
Diamond DA62X
PMS gtn750/650 and gns530
Just Flight Turbo Arrow (using the PMS mods above)
G36 Improvement
4 Seasons Pack (way better trees)
Enhanced Live Traffic + IVAO liveries
Global Ship AI
LiDAR-based terrain mesh for BC
Bunch of airports/scenery of varying quality

And MSFS Addons Linker to keep your Community folder under control

Thanks for this!

The Working Title group seems pretty intense; kinda weird that their poo poo is free. Are they planning to go paid at some point?

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

VR seems ok but on the other hand I've bought hundreds of dollars of cool looking sim gear and I want to see it :colbert:

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

That's a pro click. Looks really cool just to watch all the lift vectors and streamlines moving around. I hope it actually makes a noticeable difference!

I really hope we can turn those streamlines on in game, I could spend hours watching them.