Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Your phone has an IR sensor for depth, which most webcams do not. That's why there's the Open Track IR or w/e package that works with PlayStation Eye cameras, because they do have an IR sensor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

This sounds awesome. I'm checking it out right now.

Edit: The top review on Steam for Stormworks is negative with 2,300 hours played. lmao never change steam reviewers.

Yeah I'm working through the Huey campaigns right now. Just wondering if there's anything else out there. I'm so pumped for the Hind and Apache in DCS too. Maybe the early access hind comes out this week? I hope.

My ideal game would be something like MS Flight Sim, but with helicopters and procedurally made missions. "Go here and pickup car crash victim", "go here and rescue guy stuck on mountain", "Pick up water from lake and dump it on forest fire", stuff like that.

There are DCS multiplayer servers that have that exact kind of mission setup. You can select from different kinds of missions like medevac, transport, or firefighting. Fill your helicopter up and drop them off at the hospital! Or in a fire! The servers track your successes and failures for some stats. They're called 'Search and Rescue' I believe.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

Any goon that comes to Charleston will be provided a Diamond 20 or Diamond 40 ride, courtesy by me. Spare Bose A20 headset provided as complimentary service. The -20 is tight as all loving poo poo. We will be side-spooning.

Bonus is that we can take off between C-17s and Hornets.

Hasty edit: Offer void for goons over 235lbs or maybe a bit more if fuel is dumped

I'll be your RIO

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Whoa those are really recent! Maybe from the beginning of the year, or even later since the Guardian's ride looks pretty much done, and that was the latest ride to open. Thanks for the pics :)

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

teethgrinder posted:

The first thing I watched on my modern TV was The Hobbit and I didn't realise I had left motion-smoothing on, just assumed it was supposed to look like that. Had no idea the home versions were 24fps :cripes:

In general though, sure I can tell a different between 30-60fps, it really doesn't matter to me. But I grew up used to playing poo poo at like 8-20fps. Not sure I can really tell a difference beyond 60fps, but I have messed around with Tony Hawk at 120fps for shits and giggles.

You absolutely would be able to tell 60fps and 120fps apart, and anything above that. The higher the framerate the faster an object can move across the screen while still being perfectly readable.

I was given a demo of a 1000Hz projector and it blew me away when they did a demo of a slot machine and I could clearly track every icon on the wheel at the fastest speed.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Oh come on mods give me time to tell him to gently caress off again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

And yet he named himself after the real best aircraft