Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Can't help thinking that his problem of all the "crazy conservatives who come after me for protecting people from homophobic or anti trans stuff" could be solved by simply not inviting them into the social space in the first place, like we've been saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
There is the Aeronautical Insanity thread in AI and I *think* there might be a commercial pilot thread in A/T somewhere but I can't find it right now, could have died at some point.

e: I missed it because its brand new: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043724

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The trick is to always use a fake name that is at least plausibly real. Max Fightmaster is a real person, the possibilities are endless!

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Chuck_D posted:

Genuine question, but why such a hard line on AI voice? Seems like a really weird line to draw in the sand.

It's replacing bread and butter roles for entry level voice actors, and there's no reason to do it apart from saving a few bucks.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Outside of the training issues (extremely large caveat I know) stuff like generated ATC is 100% the correct use case for something like this, where the sheer volume of calls required is never going to be achievable by a human actor. It would be cool if we could trust that AI solutions were being used to extend what's possible instead of undercut workers at the first opportunity, but hey :capitalism:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Always useful in life to remember that you are definitely allowed to lie about stuff and nobody will care. What's the worst that can happen? You lose access to the thing you didn't want to be truthful to gain access to in the first place? Sounds like you have absolutely nothing to lose!