Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

sounds like your starter's pooched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Stupid VR question... I have the Valve Index, how would I play FS in VR if I bought it through the Windows Store and not Steam? Can SteamVR interface with external games?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

It's been a while since I've played, updated everything and am still a bit disappointed.
Crashed twice on me when trying to take off from YVR and then when it finally didn't crash I found out that Vancouver is no longer photo-realistic for buildings, and it kinda looks like poo poo. Anything I can do to fix why it's not pulling the photo-realistic data for the city?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Shipon posted:

Check your data settings, they might have randomly flipped off the photogrammetry option.

Ugh yep that was it. Thanks

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

good luck trying to read your instruments in VR

accurate

just started playing dirt rally 2.0 in vr, and it is so awesome ... but no way can i read any of the gauges. thankfully i don't care how fast i'm going, gonna drive into a tree no matter what.

maybe asobo can implement a squint button that zooms and focuses for reading gauges

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Anybody else end up with a black screen and a grey box with just the X visible?
If I click the X it goes back to the 'Press Any Key to Start' screen, if I press a key it goes back to black screen with grey box with X button, and just repeats ad infinitum

edit: had an error in microsoft store and had to restart it there

now stuck in VR Waiting.....

Messadiah fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 23, 2020

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

drat, VR runs like and makes me feel like hot garbage.

Should it be displaying both eyes in full screen on my TV while I'm in VR or is that just eating up additional performance? Any way to change that? Using an Index.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Goast posted:

screen mirroring doesnt matter, game still only gets rendered once

Thanks. So my computer is also hot garbage!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Combat Pretzel posted:

Apparently if you're using SteamVR, you're supposed to start SteamVR first before the game. There seems to be an issue where it drops frames. Sure seemed like it when I exited the game and dropped into SteamVR void, which had the same judder.

Then this setting apparently also has an effect:

And here's someone on the MSFS forums talking some stuff:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/my-2070-super-vr-settings-and-suggestions-valve-index/321913

Thanks for this, this helped immensely. Runs pretty smoothly with only slight hiccups here and there, the world is pretty blurry though to accomplish smoothness and I'm pretty sure the blurriness caused me a headache/eye strain. Sacrificing prettiness for immersiveness.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I'm waiting for someone to add a rocket to the game.

Whoa now don't go stepping on the Kerbal's toes!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Kunabomber posted:

Yeah you can remap, set sensitivity curves, dead zones, etc.

The best bug tho, is that the cursor randomly disappears a lot of times so you have to have a mouse plugged in otherwise some important menu items (and controls) are gonna be inaccessible :lol:

edit: T16000m definitely does not work.

On PC I'm unable to use the mouse/cursor when the plane is experiencing ... unstable flight. I have to pause to even be able to go to the top menus if poo poo is shaking, it's kind of annoying because I fly recklessly.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Latest update turned off high quality bing data & photogrammatry for me, fyi to others to check!

Also is there any way that I can disable the mouse being unusable if the aircraft is unstable in any way? I just found out that even if I'm in active pause I can't use the mouse to get to the top menus... and it's loving annoying.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

azflyboy posted:

My Warthog throttles died, and Thrustmaster support is being spectacularly crap.

They keep demanding increasingly obscure proof the stupid thing is actually dead, so I assume their plan is to just piss me off enough that I give up and buy a replacement

Could you not go into like Windows joystick config things where it shows you the buttons / axes and lights them up when you push them and video the buttons pushing but it not axis-ing?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Just wanted everyone to know that I tried the canoe and while visually it looks OK, vnav is totally hosed.

Which airport??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Lord Stimperor posted:

Well I made an account at Vatsim. I remembered the actual reason why I didn't use it earlier: they want to know your drat name and that goes against every internet instinct I have.

Been using my real name on the internet since the late 90s and has never been an issue

edit : oh, except here, this is awkward