Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Are there issues with using AP when the plane is spawned mid-fight? I wanted to practice landings in the a320 so I loaded it up from the map with a destination airport selected, no departure and an ILS selected. Spawned mid air a few miles out. But as soon as I enabled the AP, it banked hard left and just spiraled out of control until it crashed. I was following a youtube guide that made it look simple so I was just trying to see if I could replicate the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I see that the CaptainSim 777 is on the marketplace now, any idea if it's worth the $30? I remember it getting lots of negative feedback awhile back for being a reskin of the 74 and a broken autopilot.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
hot drat, now that makes sense. I heard about the stolen liveries but hadn't put it together that this was the same group.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Anyone holding out for Honeycomb products, it looks like they have new stock getting out to retailers. Sportys.com now lists the Bravo as in stock and I was able to place an order. Should arrive this Friday. I got an Alpha from them last week. The price has gone up by 30 bux due to increased manufacturing costs.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
You can move the pilot using the "Pay" button and then do the "Bring plane to pilot" thing.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
so what's the deal with FS2024? is this a cash grab to sell more units for what should just be an update to 2020?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Does anyone have advice on how to restart the TBM following a mid-flight engine shutdown (base Asobo TBM, msfs)? So mid flight I did a dumb and accidentally scrolled the mouse wheel while having the weight and balance menu open and reduced my fuel to zero. The engine immediately died. I've been able to restart other planes, mid-air, by going through the normal engine start procedure, but they've all been piston engines like the xcub, 152, etc (not sure that makes a difference). Anyways, I couldn't, for the life of me, get the TBM's turbo prop to restart and eventually I stalled and just quit to menu, which also dumped my Neofly mission progress. So is there an alternate procedure to restart the engine? Does the residual ITT temperature prevent a restart? IAmNotAPilot nor do I have anything more than a cursory knowledge of how turboprops actually function compared to a standard combustion engine.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Cojawfee posted:

Did you try Shift E? I think that auto starts/shuts down

No, I didn't even consider there might be an auto-startup bind. I only tried in-cockpit switches and such.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
If you're not on the Beyond ATC discord, they have a poll up looking for input. They say that they're basically done with the IFR experience and could release a solo IFR product very soon. They still need 3-4 months to properly finish and test the traffic injection part of the program. So the poll is asking if they should release the solo IFR component now, at full price, and then release traffic injection (and VFR later) as a free update in 3-4 months or hold off and release IFR and traffic injection together when it's ready.

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 29, 2024

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

froody guy posted:

Is there anyone still using CH products? I'm having a hard time having them working on my pc, Win11 updated and all checked. Drivers are from 2006 so I mean... thanks CH for the effort of not giving a gently caress so hard for almost 2 decades. That being said device manager recognizes them, it says they're working good but if I open the CtrlMgr app and try to calibrate them the app freezes (not the pc, just the app). MSFS doesn't see them at all.

Another concern I have is that they made me disable the 'core isolation/memory integrity' feature, and if I have them plugged in during at boot, they make me go into a reboot loop for some unspecified reason. So, I need to unplug them, boot up, then plug them in, but yet they won't work in MSFS.

I'm clueless also because I used them in the past and IIRC it was already on Win11 so wtf is going on?

I'm using the Pro Pedals without issue in win11. The Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle got boxed up in favor of Honeycomb stuff a few years back. But they were working fine last I used them. I don't use any of the CH drivers.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Beyond ATC dropped their release today https://www.beyondatc.net/download

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

the milk machine posted:

has anyone here tried any of the FS Academy courses (VFR, IFR, etc)?

I've done vfr, ifr and airliner. They are a good step up from the base msfs tutorials. I found them helpful coming from a very newbish understanding of aviation.