Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

gently caress SNEEP posted:

That's why there's the Open Track IR or w/e package that works with PlayStation Eye cameras, because they do have an IR sensor.

No it doesn't. In fact, you have to remove the filter for it to even see infrared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

the microsoft defender has logged on

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

sigher posted:

Does any flight sim hardware do this? Seems like it wouldn't be worth the cost designing and implementing this when no other PC hardware ever uses something like this.

All the toggle switches on the X-55 throttle are momentary

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Combat Pretzel posted:

A whole lot of the simulation parts are in TypeScript and WebAssembly, actually.

:psypop:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Combat Pretzel posted:

What's wrong with that?

WebAssembly is just a different format to dump native code into (from things like C/C++ and so on), there's even WASM versions of the Visual Studio runtimes.

You seem misinformed, WASM is a VM that runs bytecode.

Combat Pretzel posted:

And TypeScript gets JIT'd to native code.

And yet WASM only exists because JS wasn't performant enough, curious!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

A Hind D?!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

ah, so you should be able to slide a scraper under there to remove it

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Also the mouse sensitivity and disable as much of the "makes the game look intentionally worse" settings as possible (motion blur, chromatic aberration, etc)

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

PT6A posted:

I don't need to see that any more than I need to see extremely realistic gunshot wounds in FPSs (also, we don't get those either, for obvious reasons).

I mean, have you seen Sniper Elite

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

TrackIR is fine, but it's pretty much the TI-83+ of flight sim gear at this point (obsolete technology that somehow still retails for $150)

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

it's 3 bits of tape on sticks, not the most difficult thing to make tbh

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

hannibal posted:

I think since most people attach something to a headset there's just not a market for the hat thing anymore. Anyway we have discussed a lot of the alternatives in this thread (Grassmonkey, Delanclip, etc.).

the hat clip is great though, there's no cord or battery and it's basically indestructible

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lol

Wikipedia posted:

In April 2016, the ICON A5 purchaser's agreement was made public and was noted by the aviation media as containing many controversial elements not usually found in aircraft purchase agreements. These included contractually required pilot training, maintenance, agreements not to sue, the requirement for factory airframe overhauls every 2,000 hours or ten years (whichever comes first), and a limit on the aircraft's life of 6,000 hours, or thirty years. Furthermore, each aircraft would be equipped with a camera and recorder to monitor pilot behavior, that is owned by the manufacturer but must be maintained by the owner. Owners would have to agree to be "supportive" of the company. Future owners were required to sign the same agreement or face penalties.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

sigher posted:

I think what would be even better is if buildings and trees would show damage and there was an option to see all of the crashes and damages all players have caused all over the world.

I want to fly through a burning hellscape.

First thing that popped into my head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEoxaGkNcrg

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

MrYenko posted:

Movies should be 60fps. I’ll fight you on this.

It's unfortunate that we never got anything better than Peter Jackson's The Hobbit

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Technically it was 48 FPS, but you know, baby steps

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lobsterminator posted:

War Thunder might be up your alley.

No! Save yourself!!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Shine posted:

Disclaimer: I haven't played WT in like 5 years and some of the above terms may no longer exist.

I relapsed into WT lately and it's shocking how little has changed (to the game modes, there are of course new vehicles out the rear end)

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I would like to point out that all triangles exist on a single plane

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

the dunc funk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Aren't steam games supposed to disclose AI usage now? I don't see anything about it on the store page. Pretty lovely if you ask me!

BMan fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 3, 2024