Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
For anyone that just has a joystick like I did, the T16000m TWCS Throttle is in stock at B&H.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1331331-REG/thrustmaster_2960754_twcs_throttle.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Ah, it's right after Yom Kippur. I'm good :)

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I jumped on this as fast as possible, for some reason there's a glut of T16000m dual joysticks but the throttles are hard to find. I've been just using the FCS for the past few weeks and it's been agonizing.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Are bush flight legs just plain not completing? I tried to do some of the Breckenridge flights and the typical completed screen wasn't popping up after I landed.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Mostly posted:

If you started the bush trip before an update, guess what, you have to start it again!!!

Hell yeah!!!!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Hahaha holy poo poo I got the TWCS throttle and let me tell you, I thought having the trim on the little dial thingy was a great idea until I crashed into the ocean because of how sensitive it is.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Shogunner posted:

Watching reviews for the TWCS throttle and everyone's saying it's slide function is notchy / not smooth. Any of you having the same issue?

Hey I got the throttle and they're correct about that. The throttle slides along metal rails on matte plastic brackets and the friction makes it not so nice, the unit actually shifts a little when you're trying to get over the initial friction.

What I did was open it up and cover the plastic that touches the rails with smooth packing tape, after cleaning off the minimal amount of grease on the plastic. It was pretty easy, took me about 30 minutes and now it feels much nicer.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Cojawfee posted:

What kind of packing tape? Like a matte tape? Seems like glossy packing tape would be sticky too. I just put some grease on the rails and it's doing ok so far.

Just regular clear packing tape. The sticky part doesn't touch the rail

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I just reinstalled FS2020 onto a dedicated SSD because I wanted just one location for its 420 separate install/package/DLC/cache folders, and boy let me tell you, finding out that the bush trip saves get completely demolished was not a fun discovery

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Man I can't wait for the amazing bugs that will manifest once they switch over to DX12

Doesn't stop me from booting it up every once in a while just to floop around, since there really isn't anything else like it.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah I can absolutely see myself using the hell out of the stopwatch during bush flights

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I mean technically I can keep using the stopwatch on the window in the game itself if you get right down to it, but I appreciate the function provided by this yoke and the increased immersion due to it being there :shrug:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I can't remember clearly, but I think all I did with the TWCS Throttle was to put a strip of packing tape where it was rubbing inside to provide a smooth surface.

Definitely gonna try out the magnet mod, that's cool as hell.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Man, I'm getting really freakin tired of my bush trip history being jetted into the ether.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The xbox series X port seems seriously impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kre-ahGJc_g

There's some control clunkiness, but otherwise that's way better looking and smoother than I expected the port to be. The Series S port also seems like a surprisingly smooth 1080p medium-high experience (with ultra cloud settings it looks like, the one thing you cannot skimp on).

I wonder how compatible the console versions are with current PC peripherals. Can you just plug in a PC flight stick or yoke and go? Or will console players need to wait for xbox-specific accessories? I wonder how many people will be hooking their xboxes into a monitor at their desk and playing it like a normal flight sim. Honestly, a $500 console being all the hardware you need for that level of detail must be pretty appealing to more casual sim players (or perhaps a new audience of sim players MS could tap into)

edit: I guess one thing the xbox versions will never have is some form of head tracking. MS bring back Kinect, you cowards.

There's official Xbox approved Turtle Beach and Honeycomb yokes that are compatible, as well as the T-Flight package that's always been compatible. Unfortunately I own a T16000m. I tried a bush trip with the controller and without the fine motor control afforded by the stick it's literally unplayable for me since all the fancy flight helpers are disabled in that mode. :(

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 29, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I honestly haven't! I just played on PC last night. I'll try it out tonight.

With the controller some of the functions are dependent on holding down the Y button. So for flaps, it's Y+Dpad_up etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah you can remap, set sensitivity curves, dead zones, etc.

The best bug tho, is that the cursor randomly disappears a lot of times so you have to have a mouse plugged in otherwise some important menu items (and controls) are gonna be inaccessible :lol:

edit: T16000m definitely does not work.