Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Lord Stimperor posted:

My King Air is a little odd since the patch. It quickly goes into overspeed territory, almost like a Cessna citation speed-wise.

Additionally the wind shield wipers don't work anymore. You can still turn the knob but they won't move. They did start moving after I crashed the plane into a building, like in a dash cam video.

They don't work above a certain speed. They're mostly for slower speed / ground use. A320 limit is 230knots for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Europe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fG831GaPtw

Edit: this doesn't look like an update. Just another trailer

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 2, 2020

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
My friend said the map data actually regressed and got even older. He's in the Bay Area.

I saw somewhere the next world update is USA and you can apply to be a VR tester, but it requires a WMR headset.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
So uh...are windsocks backwards?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It appears to vary. My departure airport was incorrect, my arrival airport was correct. :iiam:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
gently caress I forgot about not opening the VFR map. I should unbind the V key. Crashed instantly. I was all set up to go VOR hopping.

It's probably hard to see via Imgur but the PFD and windsock are in complete opposite directions. I didn't think the wind was at my back for the takeoff but I'm not that good that I would really know for sure :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Cojawfee posted:

From wikipedia: Wind direction is reported by the direction from which it originates.

Correct. Either the windsock is incorrect, or the PFD is AND tower is giving me the wrong runway.

edit: The nav map wind arrow on the MFD is incorrect too.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 3, 2020

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
They still had them in Germany as of late last year (see video below), although wind turbines create interference. Remember that since 2 patches ago the world map does not remember to leave Navaids or other map settings turned on. Push the Filters key (F) and be sure to turn it on, then you can see them from the world map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLTppemEgA

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

LOL I was looking for that too.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I had to figure that if snapchat could follow your face around years ago, you don't need an IR hat thing.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can you do anything with an Oculus Go? I think there's some accessory that with stream to it from a PC.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

canyoneer posted:

My Z-axis twist on my extremely old Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO is very wiggly. Any ideas on how to fix it? I want to play Star Wars Squadrons like a pro.

Bigger deadzone and lower sensitivity maybe?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Do you need to have a flight engineer for a -200?

Edit: also they have a very early 737 at the Museum of Flight in Seattle and it's so tiny!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've had that happen a few times, on various different patches. Never had it unfreeze -- in fact I seem to recall it carrying over to the next flight one time.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah flying under bridges treats it like you're hitting something. Hit boxes are way off. I was able to do it with the Golden Gate Bridge but it simulated damage to my engine.

Also if you land on the road part you are elevated a few feet off the ground.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SwimNurd posted:

Well MS owns GitHub now so....

And they own Bethesda...whose games are entirely fixed by fan patches. All they need to do now is buy Nexus mods and they will have the complete ecosystem!!!

Also there's no way they could monopolize the marketplace without a huge backlash.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

Took about a three week break and now the store seems to think the game hasn't been released. Awesome.

Is your Game Pass subscription active?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

londonmoose posted:

Someone in the last thread I think posted a way to get free charts for most countries by googling “AIP” and the country name. E.g. here’s the UK one: https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2020-10-08-AIRAC/html/index-en-GB.html

It takes a bit of digging around to find the actual charts - on the above one if you go to where it says Aerodromes, select your airport and then there’s a menu link for the actual charts, but it seems like once you’ve worked out how to navigate it, other countries follow the same format so it becomes easy enough to find your way around those.

That said, I signed up for navigraph because I’m lazy and I like having the routing functionality as well so YMMV depending on what countries you try to find charts for.

Remember that you can display NAVAIDS on the world map, just it's off by default. Push the F key I believe and be sure to turn it on. Lots of other fun stuff in that menu too.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Would you twist it until the number 10(000) lines up with the outside air temperature?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I haven't played in a couple of months, but I've found it ices up if the drone goes through clouds, instantly full ices up if you look away, etc.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Don't know about enroute, but on the world map, press the F key and turn on Navaids. ILS icons are at the end of the runway, not the beginning.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Sapozhnik posted:

I wish there was a way to turn off ATC in this game other than just ignoring them yelling at you because it's absolute trash for anything other than puttering around VFR.

I thought you could literally turn it off. You can at least turn off the voices. Also just don't ever tune into it and turn off your copilot handling it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Since we're all talking about it, what does PID stand for?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

uvar posted:

Was that the one that had on-foot fps sections in the single player missions?

Yes. The game could have been a lot better with small changes (repeatable missions, ability to own multiple helicopters, etc).

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Been waiting for Gremlins 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mllaneza posted:

Oh, for that as a POI...

It is, though I don't know which version of the game you need.
Edit: at least I think that's the one. Would need to do a side by side to be sure