Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

sigher posted:

people with a WMR headset (so basically nobody)

p much everyone who plays vr sims (dcs) uses an hp reverb (wmr)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Mailer posted:

I'm guessing "everyone" is meant to be "everyone who is super serious about sims and vr has chosen this particular headset".

yes

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Sorry if this has been covered already I just wanted a quick sanity check. I finally got around to installing the VR update and the performance is terrible, like way worse than DCS. Is this more likely a settings issue on my end or about par for the course with what everyone else is getting?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Cool, hopefully they can optimize it a bit, what's there looks great.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
I'm on a G1 Reverb so maybe it's just the non-Oculus systems that aren't running well?

That seems odd since WMR was supposed to be the first system supported out of the gate and Microsoft and all, but vOv.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

2Jets posted:

Fallowing the VR settings guide on the official forums has my rig running incredibly smooth. I haven't gone anywhere with a lot of buildings yet but bush plane flying at tree top level in BC is 100% jitter free. The airfields in the BC Mega pack I picked up from flightsim.to are beautiful. Check it out if you like STOL flying.

Mind linking it? I keep meaning to get this set up.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Squiggle posted:

I'm emptyquoting this, because every word is true.

I used this guide and it's great. I just winged it on the rudder pedals, but the rails for those are basically exposed to the air anyway so they were really easy to get to.

It's me, I'm the nerd spending $50 on a tube of grease. This is what AAR has driven me to.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Warmachine posted:

I highly recommend regreasing the throttle slides with some nyogel 767a. I wasn't sure if a $35 tube of grease would be worth it, but holy poo poo it's worth it. Night and day difference in the feel of the throttle. The movements are smoother and offer far more resistance than you can get with the base tension bar. Precise adjustments are a lot easier since you don't have that 'jump' when you overcome the static friction.

took 2 months to get this delivered from the UK to Japan, but holy poo poo was it worth the wait.

if anything the op is underselling how good this stuff is.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Cojawfee posted:

DCS supports VR controllers now? I might have to reinstall it.

this sounds like an absolutely awful idea, but i'd encourage you to find out

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Anime Store Adventure posted:

While I fully believe DCS would have situations where the transition between controllers hits at bad times and makes it a pain, it’s fairly easy to switch in x-plane and people still acted like it was the end of the world to have to let go of the HOTAS and pick up a VR hand.

it's more like, there's ways you could fly in dcs where the transition wouldn't be a problem, but none of them involve combat.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

skooma512 posted:

What kind of aftermarket work?

I put some silicone grease on the rails and tweaked the tension screw until moved the way I liked it.

yeah do this, it works great

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
looks like it's locked in takeoff trim

remembered it opposite somehow

Stringent fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 16, 2022

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Animal posted:

Ah, St Barts. Back when I got my first multi-engine job flying C402's and Aztec's, the boss was a boomer prick like most Part 135 owners. One day he came back to TJSJ late and without his Aztec. With a heroic tale about how the airplane malfunctioned while on final for TFFJ RWY10 and he saved the day but had to leave the airplane there for minor repairs. This was around 2009 so the beginning of smartphone cameras, YouTube, and viral videos. A few days later a video popped up of him completely loving up his approach, refusing to go-around, and finally touching down way down the runway and crashing at the end. We showed him the video during one of his weekly meetings where he would lecture us about safety. He became livid and told us to delete it and not share it with anyone. We had to explain to him how YouTube worked.

Anyways here's the video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2o0acIlm4

lol, i was wondering why ppl wouldn't just approach from over the water until i saw this

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i'm starting to get some wonky behavior from my vr goggles and virpil hotas and i'm thinking a powered usb hub might be the answer.

anyone have a recommendation?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
cool thanks

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

soggybagel posted:

Hobbit ran at 48 fps. Ang Lee filmed Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk and Gemini Man at 120 fps but there’s seriously only a handful of theaters in the country equipped to display it at that rate. A friend of mine saw Gemini Man in Los Angeles at 120 fps.

I believe Avatar 2 is going to be released in as many theaters as it can at 48fps.

i hadn't heard about it anywhere, but apparently they've remastered avatar to 4k and are rescreening it now in advance of the new one, so i'm definitely gonna be taking my older kid to go see that.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Shipon posted:

I haven't played with the beta or anything yet so I'm trying out DLSS for the first time and while the FPS uplift is absolutely real (at 4k DLSS Quality I go from 40-43 to 60 in a 208 at all Ultra settings on my 3090), the G1000 display is super blurry. Not blurry so much in the lower resolution sense (although I can tell it is upscaled slightly), but blurry temporally.

do you need to manually install dx12 to use it?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
huge improvement for vr fps, i can mostly run on ultra now with an acceptable framerate

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

slidebite posted:

All cool, thanks :)

Finally hooked up my reverb G2. It's cool as hell. Have to get use to the fuzziness away from dead centre (Fresnel lens effect) but drat, it's pretty wild and convincing.

my g1 died and i had to replace it, the headphones on the g2 are so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

good shooting