Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Storm Ciara helps plane beat transatlantic flight record https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51433720

The jet stream reached speeds of 260 mph (418 km/h) on Sunday morning, according to BBC Weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"I miss trains" lol

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.flightsimulator.com/release-notes-1-10-11-0-update-6-now-available/

NAVIGATION

Navblue data has been updated
Navigation data date is now dynamically set in the avionics
ATC

ATC window should now list the entire name of approaches
ATC should respond to requests for changing an approach into an airport
User should now have the option to request an IFR clearance in the air even if they have a flight plan entered / loaded in their GPS
ATC should now respond to requests for changing runways while near / on approach to an airport
PLANES

The Fly-by-wire bank oscillation has been fixed for the Airbus A320neo
The overpowered engine of the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner has been reduced
Fixed broken plane instruments when switching to Metrics via the options menu
Fixed cockpit interactions that were either getting mixed up or not working on 3rd party airplanes
All liveries should now be accessible in game and properly loaded
WEATHER

Lightning should no longer be triggered in clear skies
INPUT

The sensitivity curve methodology has been adapted for the different inputs
MISC

New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA), along with new sharpen filter using AMD FidelityFX CAS

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Looks like a lot of the POIs are famous bridges. There are also a number of national landmarks (both man made and natural) added and some aviation related stuff (Kennedy Space Center, Wright Brothers landmark, plane graveyard in the desert).

Once you download the USA pack they all show up on the world map.

From Reddit:

quote:

Airports

KATL – Atlanta International

KFHR – Friday Harbor

KDFW – Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)

KSWF – New York Stewart International Airport

Points of Interest

Chimney Rock

Crazy Horse Memorial

Pilgrim Monument, Provincetown MA

Fort Jefferson

Washington Monument, Washington DC

Capitol, Washington DC

White House, Washington DC

Wright Brothers National Memorial

Mount Rushmore

Biltmore Estate

Devils Tower

New River Gorge Bridge

United States National Arboretum

Bixby Creek Bridge

Chesapeake Bay Bridge

Sunshine Skyway Bridge

Mackinac Bridge

Navajo Bridge

Astoria-Megler Bridge

U.S. Grant Bridge

Lowry Avenue Bridge

Lewis and Clark Bridge

The Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge

Fort Knox

Monument Rocks National Natural

Coronado Heights Castle

Ellis County Courthouse

Monument Valley

Yosemite El Capitan

Cliff Palace, Mesa Verde, Colorado

Shiprock, New Mexico

Haystack Rock at Canon, Oregon

Half Dome, Yosemite

Dworshak Dam

Hoover Dam

Oroville Dam

Alcatraz (water tower and lighthouse only)

Fort McHenry, Baltimore

Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

Glen Canyon Dam

Las Vegas Strip (Night)

Confederation Bridge

Johnson Space Center Houston (visitor’s center)

Kennedy Space Center Florida (visitors center)

Pearl Harbor, Hawaii (memorial site)

Mauna Kea Observatory, Hawaii

National Radio Astronomy Observatory

Gulf of Mexico, Oil Rigs

Airport Graveyard, Tucson

Zero One fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 24, 2020

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Sagebrush posted:

Yes, kind of!

There was still a weird squeak and the plane shook and hit the ground when I flew through it one way, but the other way it was fine. Clearly not perfect but at least they are recognizing that you can actually fly under bridges in real life. Maybe they will keep improving it. Niagara Falls looks pretty good, incidentally.

Of course most bridges still look like this. Idk why they can't just extrude the roadbed and leave it empty underneath. It's really not that hard

Also they did put in the visitor's center at Cape Canaveral, and it looks neat,

but all of the actual space launch facilities are still generic brick shithouses where the launch pads should be. Look at the VAB. Look what they did to my boy

Huh. When I flew by the VAB right after the game launched it was a big building. Not detailed but correct size. The "high rationalization" they added this patch must have shrunk it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/polygon/status/1338528263895965698?s=21

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/polygon/status/1339617915277078530?s=21

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Looks like AOPA is using FS2020 to create their accident investigation videos now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rryvSQhK7k

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
After doing a lot of VFR sightseeing flights I started to get into airliners. Besides the long boring bits in the middle I'm enjoying flying the big planes now.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hello, I'd like to report icing conditions over New Zealand this morning...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

Take flight into a region rich with tradition, culture and heritage — not to mention a fair share of myth and legend. From seats of royalty to centers of finance, bustling metropolitan hubs to sprawling farmsteads and cliffside villages, the splendor of the United Kingdom and Ireland is on full display with new dramatic upgrades and visual enhancements.
How to prepare for this update:

If you are using the manual cache feature, please make sure to delete it via the in-game menu and create an updated version as we performed some backend technical updates.
Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.
After you download the newest update for Microsoft Flight Simulator, head to the Marketplace to download the free World Update.

RELEASE NOTES 1.13.15.0
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY

Fixed various crashes across the title
Fixed a specific crash while using Little Navmap in Bush trip activities

WORLD

Several terrain spikes have been fixed, including incorrect cases of water elevation issues
Water masks have been updated across various locations in the world
Reduced the frequency of water artifacts appearing on cliffs
Noise issue affecting clouds has been fixed

VR

The ‘Activate/Deactivate VR’ button is now always displayed in the main menu (bottom left corner of the screen) when a VR headset is plugged in. If no controls are displayed on this button, then it means that no controls are bound to this action.
When the toolbar is opened, it does not block interactions anymore with other menus displayed in front of it.
The cursor doesn’t jump anymore when moving across the Options menu in the cockpit.
Gray boxes don’t appear anymore when using the ‘Travel to’ feature in VR.
After leaving VR mode, the sim window is no longer forced on top and the player can drag and drop any other window over it.

PLANES

Fixed induced speed calculation bug with bi propeller engines
Fixed the plane crash detection when landing on iced water with crash detection ‘ON’
Fixed swapped screens in DA62 TestPilot version
Fixed VS Knob Turn not working on the Airbus A320Neo
Improved flaps system of aircraft: Aircraft creators can now move the wing surface’s position and camber with each flap system at each flap level
Improved ground effect wing to ground interaction system to avoid pitch dip at rotation on some aircraft

NAVIGATION

Latest AIRAC cycle has been integrated and is now available

INPUT

CH ECLIPSE YOKE default preset have been added
Fixed Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant ENG 1+2 don’t start engines

SDK/Devmode
Dev mode:

New version of the console is now available
Fixed an issue related to UTF8 encoding in the BGL compiler

Scenery Editor:

New feature to group, rename, re-order, hide and lock items in the scene list
Fixed freeze during saving
New airport light system
Add a button in airport properties to generate taxiway signs
Improve heightmap edition
Don’t lock runway profile extremity
Fix taxiway sign size (wasn’t correctly serialized in BGL)

Aircraft Editor:

Fixed an issue with the saving of “static_thrust”
Added a new button in the Camera section of the aircraft editor to teleport the current developer camera to the position, rotation and zoom of the selected one.
Creation of a new tool to edit only a camera file (cameras.cfg) : it matches with the camera section of the aircraft editor

WASM:

Security vulnerabilities in the WASI layer have been reported and fixed
Fixed StringFormat conversion to NanoVG alignment in GDI+ layer
Reworked MouseAircraft left gauge to provide clearer information

Simconnect:

Fixed flight load/save (SimConnect_FlightLoad / SimConnect_FlightSave)

POINTS OF INTEREST

One Blackfriars
BT Tower
Newfoundland
St George Wharf Tower
Southbank Tower
20 Fenchurch Street/ Sky Garden
The Leadenhall Building / 122 Leadenhall Street
HSBC / 8 Canada Square
Tower 42
25 Canada Square / City Bank
22 Bishopsgate
Landmark Pinnacle
Heron Tower
One Park Drive
The Scalpel
The Madison
100 Bishopsgate
Aykon London One
30 St Mary Axe (The Gherkin)
Strata
Palace of Holyroodhouse
Blenheim Palace
St. James’s Palace
Palace of Westminster
Glamis Castle
Buckingham Palace
Archbishop’s Palace, Maidstone
Wolvesey Castle
Floors Castle
Balmoral Castle
Hillsborough Castle
Dublin Castle
Mount Stuart House
Blair Castle
Hampton Court Palace
Rock of Cashel
Stirling Castle
Warwick Castle
Windsor Castle
Blarney Castle
Eilean Donan Castle
Edinburgh Castle
Caernarfon Castle
Canterbury Cathedral
Durham Cathedral
Fountains Abbey
Lincoln Cathedral
Salisbury Cathedral
St. Paul’s Cathedral
Westminster Abbey
York Minster
Angel of the North
Blackpool Tower
British Airways i360 (Brighton)
Glenfinnan Viaduct
Humber Bridge
Jodrell Bank Observatory
Kelpies, The
Maritime Greenwich
Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
Royal Botanical Gardens
Royal Liver Building
Samson & Goliath (Cranes)
Spinnaker Tower
Stonehenge
Titanic Belfast
Tower of London
Wales Millenium Centre
Wallace Monument
All England Club
Anfield
Emirates Stadium
Goodison Park
Millennium Stadium
Old Trafford
St. James’ Park
Stamford Bridge
Twickenham Stadium
Villa Park
Wembley Stadium
Eden Project
London Eye
Southend Pier
Millennium Bridge London
Blackfriars Railway Bridge
Southwark Bridge
Cannon Street Railway Bridge
Blackfriars Bridge
Vauxhall Bridge
Grosvenor Bridge
One Canada Sqaure
Waterloo Bridge
Hungerford Bridge and Golden Jubilee Bridges
Lambeth Bridge
Chelsea Bridge
Albert Bridge London
Battersea Bridge
Battersea Railway Bridge
Wandsworth Bridge
Clifton Suspension Bridge
Forth Rail Bridge
Forth Road Bridge
Queensferry Crossing
Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Bridge
Tees Transporter Bridge
Tower Bridge
Tyne Bridge
Westminster Bridge

…and more!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A HOTFIX will be available today ~1600Z

General

Fixed the flaps issue that was introduced in World Update 3
Fixed the photogrammetry for Southampton and Portsmouth
Developer mode

Fixed Scenery Editor crashes when loading BGLs with Projected Meshes
Fixed BGL backward compatibility issue with light rows

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Say what you will about every update breaking things but at least they are putting out regular patches.

FSX had 2 "service packs" and one expansion.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Navigraph’s desktop chart viewer that can both take your flight plan from sim brief (or generate one right there) and then sync with the sim to show you where you are is very good. You can even see your plane’s location on the actual chart.

I really think it’s worth it if you’re already considering it. Yeah, you don’t really need it, but it’s very nice.

As a heads up though, while the AI ATC might at least try to route you around horizontally properly, I’ve still never had them route me vertically anywhere close to what’s listed on many STARs. It’s not a huge deal (when they at least get me to the right altitude by the time in near the runway) but it isn’t perfect.

I haven't had huge issues with ATC. You are right that they will mostly get you to the ILS eventually. Actually last night was almost perfectly on the STAR altitudes when I flew into Geneva Switzerland.

But I do wish they would give you the instructions to follow your own navigation. All these little steps up and down in altitude are annoying.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I once had it tell me to descend to 5000 feet over the Channel Islands while inbound to LAX.

Buzzing Malibu in a 787 was fun but I didn’t hit any mountains.

Possible issue: on that flight I was testing not planning an arrival and just putting it into the FMS after ATC assigned one. On future flights I always planned a STAR and approach from the world map. ATC hasn't given me weird directions since I put everything into the sim at the start.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

kalleth posted:

It's here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-release-notes-1-14-5-0-sim-update-iii-now-available/375519

Honestly, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I was hoping for more broken systems in tubeliners to be fixed - feels like a patch release rather than a "major sim update".

No performance improvements, no DX12, none of the inop systems on the 787 uninopped (even the seatbelt sign ffs!). No autopilot/nav updates, no updates on stuff like multiple displays, ability to bind CDU buttons, etc.

Very nonplussed.

I'm pretty sure that the seatbelt switch on the 787 has been working for a while.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Not sure if it's been posted before but if you want to learn the A320 and especially the FBW mod this guy does some great tutorials: https://youtube.com/user/filanjix

I went from knowing nothing about the Airbus to flying like an expert in just a few videos.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Wolfy posted:

I can basically fly a real airbus now, right?

Yes. Just don't say you learned it from that guy. :v:

Merv Burger posted:

Meanwhile, I've been flying the FlyByWire A320 Neo and it's been fine? :shrug:

Yeah the FBW has been a lot of fun for me recently. Even with the sometimes (most times) bad ATC in the game you can still use the mod to fix most other issues.

I just wish they could do one for the 787. I love that big bird but the in game version is so simple compared to the FBW. Looks like the mod for that plane died because it's an encrypted file in the game. Very sad.

They are working on a A380. I hope they can add the A321 and A350 eventually too.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 17, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Merv Burger posted:

I know that Project Mega Pack (the people that make a ton of free liveries,) has a freeware A321 available. I don't know how well it interacts with the FBW 320 Neo, though.

They also have a freeware A330 available and there's a mod that makes the FBW A320 Neo work with it.

The 321 is just the FSX model with the 320 Neo cockpit. It is incompatible with the FBW*. The 330 release on Discord says the same. I appreciate them adding planes to the game but it's not at the same level. Also they seem to have stopped updating the mega pack? The last release was months ago and many liveries don't work anymore.

*The FBW folks are working on splitting their version into a separate aircraft in the game so hopefully in the future you can have both.

Steadiman posted:

I'd love an FBW 787! That plane is the reason I got the deluxe version and I'm so dissapointed in it. The cockpit looks absolutely fantastic though, it's a really nice place to be.Some people have made custom cockpit textures for the A320 though, there's a nice black/beige one that I've been enjoying. It really does make the Airbus cockpit a much more pleasant environment to be in. It's of course not realistic but I don't really care.

FBW also redid the cockpit textures, at least in the dev version, but I'm not a big fan of what they did. They added things like baked in shadows (I guess to simulate ambient occlusion?) and it just looks awful, way too exagerated. Also they bumped up the normal mapping on a bunch of textures and it's starting to remind me of older X-Plane cockpits now where you had to cheat things like that to get around the engine limitations. PBR textures should not have drawn in light shading/shadows nowadays anyway, the engine takes care of that and it looks "off" if the light isn't just right.

I saw on the FBW Discord they are still tweaking the textures.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 17, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0vpxK0Ub8U

Also there is a post on the FS forums now that the devs are looking into performance issues with the last update.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh a cool little feature in the FBW mod: you can change the no smoking signs to "No electronic devices" signs.

I guess more real airlines are changing out their lighted signs to match the times.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh I got a FUN new issue... runway tears. When landing or taking off the runway might tear and put up big cracks and walls. On takeoff my nosewheel hit one and literally did a front flip and landed on its back.

But worse is crashing on landing after flying for 6 hours...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I did my first round trip from Geneva->Venice->Geneva. With the FBW mod I was able to load up flight plans and fuel from Sim Brief which made it super easy... especially on turnaround. Rain and clouds in Geneva but sunny skies in Venice.

I only had two issues... first was that the FS ATC didn't seem to want to clear me any higher than ~15,000 feet after takeoff. I did have my correct CRZ loaded into the FMC before getting IFR clearance. I'm not sure if I did anything wrong or if its just FS ATC being bad. (Edit: after researching FS ATC is bad). I ended up manually requesting my CRZ and the ATC did work fine assigning altitudes on descent. Also my FO did not want to take over the radio after leaving Venice. But they did start talking again after landing back in Geneva.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 20, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Just get this: https://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/11892

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The +10 scroll bug? No I think it's still there per the forums.

It's on the latest Feb list to be fixed in... "2021"

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I've been following the FBW discord to get the latest updates and see what they are working on. But boy are there some people posting there who should not be attempting to fly a super realistic airliner before getting some basics down.

For example: someone came into the Discord to complain about a bug where their plane was flying 15 degrees nose up at 10,000 feet and 250kt with full thrust and unable to climb further. A dev asked them to post a screenshot of their cockpit and they did... and it showed a ECAMS screen full of warnings including engine and wing icing. I know that FS2020 has icing bugs but if the plane is telling you to turn on anti-icing maybe try that before complaining on Discord.

Then a funny one: Another person was paying attention to their ECAMS and got a Master Warning for cabin pressure. He tried following the messages to fix it and also tried switching to manual pressure control but that didn't help. Eventually he posted a screenshot after he found the issue: the rear door was wide open in flight.

Now one from me: I got the Thrustmaster Airbus stick and throttle yesterday. I did a test flight and it seemed to be going OK. But all of a sudden in cruise I got an Overspeed warning and the barberpole on the speed tape dropped to an incredibly low airspeed. It turned out my flaps and spoilers had fully deployed on their own. I started poking around and found that it happened every time I paused the game. I think somehow the throttle is sending commands for the spoilers and flaps even though I don't have that add-on hardware. Removing the keybinds fixed the issue.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Lol the VFR map icon is worth 10 fps

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/still-stutters-and-poor-fps-after-the-1-14-6-0-update/384467/100?u=omarsmak

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

JayKay posted:

Not sure if this is an early April Fools but...

This was posted to Navigraph's Facebook.

Edit: It's apparently legit, Navigraph later responded: "Yeah. we were also a little concerned about announcing this so close to 1st of April"

Seems like it makes sense.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Bonjour!

WORLD UPDATE IV FREE CONTENT

POINTS OF INTEREST (POIS)

Landmark Location
Abbey Church of Saint-Savin France
Amiens Cathedral France
Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière France
Basilica of Our Lady of La Salette France
Basilica of the Sacred Heart Belgium
Bourges Cathedral France
Cathedral of Our Lady Antwerp Belgium
Chartres Cathedral France
Church of Our Lady Bruges Belgium
Notre-Dame de la Garde France
Notre-Dame de Paris France
Oude Kerk Amsterdam Netherlands
Reims Cathedral France
Strasbourg Cathedral France
Tournai Cathedral Belgium
Vézelay Abbey France
Erasmus Bridge Netherlands
Pont de Normandie France
Pont de Wandre Belgium
Python Bridge Netherlands
Saint-Nazaire Bridge France
Afsluitdijk (Dam) Netherlands
Arc de Triomphe France
Arles Monuments (multiple) France
Avenue des Champs-Élysées France
Belfry of Bruges Belgium
Cairn of Barnenez France
Canadian National Vimy Memorial France
Carcassonne France
Caserne Loubere + Lighthouse French Guiana
Château de Chenonceau France
Château de Costaérès France
Château de Pierrefonds France
Château de Quéribus France
Château de Vaux le Vicomte France
Château du Haut-Kœnigsbourg France
Citadel of Lille France
Citadel of Namur Belgium
Cordouan Lighthouse France
Douaumont Ossuary France
Dreyfus Tower French Guiana
Dune of Pilat France
Etretat Chalk Complex France
Fort Boyard France
Fort Napoléon des Saintes Guadelupe
Grande Arche de la Defense France
Houtribdijk (Dam) Netherlands
Ile Vierge France
La Cavelle Lighthouse Martinique
La Jument France
Maine-Montparnasse Tower France
Maasvlakte Light Netherlands
Millau Viaduct France
Mont Aiguille France
Mudam Luxembourg
Musée Draï Eechelen Luxembourg
Museum aan de Stroom (Antwerp) Belgium
Palace of Fontainebleau France
Palais de Justice Antwerp Belgium
Palais des Festivals France
Palais des Paper France
Panorama of the Battle Waterloo Belgium
Panthéon France
Perret Tower France
Phare d’Eckmühl France
Phare de Gatteville France
Phare du Cap Ferret France
Pic du Midi de Bigorre Observatory France
Place de la Concorde France
Place Stanislas France
Planier Light France
Pointe aux Canons Lighthouse Sainte Pierre
Provinciaal Hof Belgium
Rham-Plateau (multiple things!) Luxembourg
Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam) Netherlands
Roches-Douvres Light France
Royal Palace (Amsterdam) Netherlands
Royal Saltworks at Arc-et-Senans France
Vianden Castle Luxembourg
Windmills at Kinderdijk Netherlands
Allianz Riviera France
d’Coque Sport Center Luxembourg
De Grolsch Veste Netherlands
Johan Cruyff Arena Netherlands
King Baudouin Stadum Belgium
Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux France
Parc de Princes France
Parc Olympique Lyonnais France
Philips Stadion Netherlands
Stade de France France
Stade de la Beaujoire France
Stade Geoffroy-Guichard France
Stade Jean-Bouin France
Stade Pieree-Mauroy France
Stade Vélodrome France
Stadium de Toulouse France
Adolphe Bridge Luxembourg
Palais de Justice- Brussels Belgium
CNIT France
Framatome France
Society General Complex France
Tour First France
Tour D2 France
Coeur Defense France
Engie France
Tour Majunga France
Tour Total France
Tour Carpe Diem France
metallic tower of fourvière France
HANDCRAFTED AIRPORTS

Megève Airport (LFHM)
Nice Côte d’Azur Airport (LFMN)
Rotterdam The Hague Airport (EHRD)
PHOTOGRAMMETRY

Paris and Amsterdam
Visual and logical improvements for 100 additional airports
ACTIVITIES

Landing Challenge at La Salette
Bush Trip in Pyrenees and the Alps

RELEASE NOTES 1.14.5.0
WORLD

Fixed reduction of tree display distance that was caused by smaller tree sizes
Water mask has been updated with latest locations
UI

Localization has been added for Japanese and Dutch
Incorrect fuel weight calculation when switching planes in the “Weight and Balance” screen has been fixed
PLANES

S7 Airbus A320neo livery has been added
KLM Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner livery has been added

Fixed screens not turning on under rare circumstances
Fixed black screens for various Aviat Pitts Special S2S liveries
Fixed altitude and standard altitude calculations to fix the altimeter behavior (Now correctly calculates altitude based on altimeter pressure setting and outside pressure)
Updated Diamond DA40NG speed, ground roll and fuel consumption
INPUT:

Honeycomb device 10 degrees heading issue has been fixed
ACTIVITIES

Fix sim rate speed change according to the various activity types
Autopilot has been fixed in the second tutorial

:siren: Liveries!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Availability: Not for Sale.

That was fast.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Big A32NX update

quote:

After months of intensive development and testing, it's finally time.

Starting today, the first version of our entirely custom fly-by-wire and autopilot systems, our custom LEAP 1A-26 engine FADEC performance model, and re-written PFD will be available in the development version. We'd like to remind our users that you have to calibrate your throttles via the EFB!

The experimental version will not be updated for a few days while we let users transition to the development version. After this period the experimental version will welcome a new prototype feature: our custom LNAV and flight plan manager, based on the work from Working Title Simulations.

That version will remain under the limited support policy of the previous experimental version, as that system is in its early age.

Please ensure your read the following guide: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/start/autopilot-fbw/

Happy flying!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
There are a bunch of missing airports for some reason.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/missing-airports-sent-to-zendesk/165814

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

slidebite posted:

I think I'm going to try signing up for Navigraph/Simlink. I find it frustrating trying to find approaches and stuff while in flight and like the idea of having it on my phone/tablet next to me.

Before I do, does anyone know if they offer referral/coupon codes or anything? Not that I need it necessarily, but if someone can benefit from a new sign up I'd be OK doing it through someones referral or save a few bucks.

Not that I am aware of.

I just started using Navigraph recently and it's good. Especially if you fly IFR outside the US a lot.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
FYI there is a 777 on the marketplace that is a total scam: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/captainsim-releases-boeing-777-for-msfs-buyer-beware/402470/134

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The game is really CPU limited.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Scruff McGruff posted:

IIRC it's not even just CPU limited, it's single thread limited.

Yes that's true too.

I did mean that even a 3080 wouldn't be a big improvement if your CPU was old or slow.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
SU4 is tomorrow I think. So maybe don't drive yourself crazy debugging until after that.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
RELEASE NOTES 1.16.2.0
Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior.
Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

We performed some optimization for the initial full download of the title so the base game is only 83GB instead of +170GB

NAVIGATION
New AIRAC cycle 2105 has been implemented
FAA data has been implemented to our navdata solution
Departure gates are now saved in flight plan (.PLN) files
Fixed a crash and other issues when selecting a parking space as arrival and no set departure
Fixed some Live Air Traffic aircraft using the wrong model
Fixed an issue where some Live Air Traffic aircraft had broken callsigns
Increased the density of Live Air Traffic
Aircraft that are not on the ground but that have an altitude of zero will now appear at a default altitude of 5000m
Live traffic stability has been improved
ATC phraseology improvements to FAA standards (wording only)
WEATHER
Reduced weather data bandwidth
Improved precision of live snow coverage
“Visual Effect Only” in assistance now does properly deactivate other weather effects
“Visual Icing” has been renamed “Icing” in the devmode because it impacts the whole icing system
“Icing” in DevMode only changes visual effects if “Visual Effect Only” is activated
Ice constant decay is no longer ignored outside of frost conditions
Accelerated pitot icing model while making it slower to defrost
Fixed pitot icing not scaling with the number of instruments
Fixed overspeed controller vibrations not affected by pitot icing
Decrease structural icing rate by a factor of 15 for severe icing (6 for moderate)
PLANES
All planes:
Added altitude interception for PITCH HOLD mode
Increased native induced drag amount and improved induced drag precision
Autopilot no longer flies toward a Waypoint removed from the FlightPlan
SimConnect injected traffic (VATSIM, IVAO) should now be displayed in HTML/JS instruments that have traffic displays as well as on the VFR Map
Fixed simvar acceleration not taking impacts into account and returning wrong values on ground
Writing back corrected acceleration values after impact resolutions so that they are exact when pulled as a simvar
Flaps, stall, wing and fuselage updates of flight model
More cleanup of the flaps system. Support multi systems with different number of levels and max angles
Increased threshold to avoid trim fight against elevator to 50% (corresponds to disconnect threshold)
Changed elevator AP with trim to avoid fighting against user input when user input is >50% on elevator
Allow setting the empty CG position out of limits
Fixed more audio not playing on large aircraft
Fixed Autothrottle sometimes disabled by AI
Turboprop:
Improved tools to tune prop drag on constant speed & turbo propellers
Removed fake and completely wrong ITT simulation when prop is feathered or reverse
Fixed reverse thrust problem with propeller (no support of negative beta & induced wind)
Added prop lever debug on engines debug page
Fixed torque increasing with altitude because of N1 / Corrected N1 confusion in FSX turboprop code
Fixed crash bug when scrolling Daher TBM 9300 Flight Plan pag
Torque fine adjustment per POH for the Daher TBM 930
Updated stability and inertia for the Daher TBM 930
Adjusted sea level max torque on the Daher TBM 930
Turbine fine tuning: ITT, Torque, Performance, and Fuel Flow on the Daher TBM 930
Flight model update for handling on the Daher TBM 930
Ground level max torque and torque limiter setting updated. 100% max with inertial separator; 112% max, limited to 109% without inertial separator on the Daher TBM 930
Reduced effect of inertial separator from 25% TQ to 12% TQ for the Daher TBM 930
Tuned stability and inertia on the Beechcraft King Air 350i
Tweaked Idle RPM from 1030 to 1060RPM for the Beechcraft King Air 350i
Adjusted max sea level torque on the Beechcraft King Air 350i
Tuned Beechcraft King Air 350i turboprop engine: ITT, Torque, Fuel Flow and other minor changes
Added ITT debug to engine debug and added density on fuel flow table for turboprop engines on the Beechcraft King Air 350i
Fine tuned fuel consumption per the POH at IDLE, 12000ft cruise and 18000ft cruise on the Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
Fixed ITT, Throttle to Torque Ratio, and Garmin color bands for ITT and TRQ on the Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
Pass on stability and inertia on the Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
Fine tuned Fuel Flow per altitude and ajusted sea level max torque on the Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
Turbine Torque fine tuned per POH on the Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
Control surfaces & handling improvements on the Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
Prop lever of the Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX can now be set in feathering range
Others:
Weather radar now displays precipitation instead of cloud coverage
Fixed contrail behavior on player’s aircraft during windy conditions
Contrails are now displayed for applicable AI traffic planes
Reduced rudder authority based on the Cessna 152
Stability and inertia pass on Cessna 172 Skyhawk and Cessna 152
Flight model handling update for the Cessna 152
Fixed Cessna 152’s rear wheels not touching ground
Pass on engine power & propeller drag. Fine tuned max speed, cruise speed, climb speeds, glide speeds and other minor tweaks on the Cessna 172 Skyhawk
Flight model tuning of Cessna 172 Skyhawk (handling, induced yaw, roll and stall)
Fixed water on windows and tail color on LOD5 for the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
EICAS now displays “CLB” instead of “CL” when the thrust levers are set to CL in the A320
Fixed an issue which prevented copilot from autocompleting the Securing Aircraft page on the Diamond DA40 TDI
Improved propeller drag and engine drag tuning for the Diamond DA62
Flight model handling update on the Diamond DA62. Made engine effect more important by adjusting rudder surfaces
Increased rudder stability slightly and fixed engine stall in air at low speeds on the EXTRA 330LT
Added a notch more dihedral to increase induced roll a little on the EXTRA 330LT
Fuel Pressure gauges now display correct levels of pressure on the EXTRA 330LT
Fine tune on the 103Solo Engine and implementation of engine clutch below 2100 RPM
Fixed FS Livery on Cessna Citation Longitude disappearing too early on LOD6
Corrected Pipistrel Virus SW121 flaps animation which would not properly play for negative flaps values
G3000 : Map zoom level is now kept constant between Regular and Weather map
G1000 : Airspaces are redrawn uppon change in map orientation
G3000 : Fix PFD display error when a DirectTo is requested
Fixed aircraft spawning with glasscockpits turned off randomly
Fixed FlightPlan displaying passed waypoints when canceling a DirectTo
Fixed FlightPlan guidance not re-engaging properly when DirectTo is canceled or reached
Fixed G3000 and G3X MFD TopBar displaying True Bearing instead of Magnetic
Fixed overspeed strip being too low on airspeed tape
Fixed bug where the flightplan was not displayed properly if the flight was started directly on approach
Fixed VFRMap not updating approach according to FlightPlan
Tactile glasscockpits scrollbars are bigger and can be interacted with more easily
Fixed FlightPlan guidance not re-engaging properly when DirectTo is canceled or reached
INPUT
Fixed resetting position peripheral input position when user exits the pause menu
Fixed the unresponsive specific axis on Honeycomb Bravo Throttle
Fixed default mapping for the CH Eclipse Yoke
Fixed default mapping for the CH Fighter Stick
Fixed default mapping for the CH Flight Sim Yoke
Fixed default mapping for the CH Fighter Stick Pro
Fixed default mapping for the CH Pro Pedals
Fixed default mapping for the CH Pro Throttle
Fixed default mapping for the CH Throttle Quadrant
UI
Community Folder Addons will now show up as Installed in the Content manager
SDK/DEVMODE
General:
Coherent GT’s debugger is now included in the SDK
Speed restrictions and RF center fix information is now available on airport facility procedure data via the JS facility listener
JS facility listener LOAD_* calls now return bool to indicate whether or not an ICAO can be loaded
Facilities.getMagVar added when JS facility listener is loaded which allows one to get the mag var for a given LatLongAlt
Maximum number of JS BingMap views increased from 5 to 9
Ability to intercept and mask key events has been added to the JS key event listene
Preventing the game from crashing if too many virtual netbing maps were created
Fixed the installation of 3DS Max tools
Fixed the font displayed in the release notes window
Documentation:
Creation of an Xbox X|S dedicated page in the documentation, which gathers the latest info & best practices to port content on Xbox.
Visual Effects documentation has been added along with a sample. A video tutorial will be added soon.
Major updates were made to The Project Editor section:
Updated main page with more information
New section for Project Asset Types (WIP)
New section for the various project editor menus: Project, Edit, View
Updated Marketplace Data page
Updated Export Window page
Content Configuration now has a section dedicated to Flights And Missions:
Initial documentation for Flight Plan Definitions
Initial documentation for Flight Definitions
Initial documentation for Event Trigger Definitions
Initial documentation for Weather Definitions
A page has been added documenting the new SimObject Stats window.
A page with samples to illustrate model optimisation has been added specifically for the Xbox, although the samples shown are relevant to everyone creating add-ons.
A page has been added for Submodel Merging in the 3D Models section.
The Airport Tutorial has been updated to show the Airport Wizard for Creating Or Replacing An Airport
Page on Aircraft Texture Mapping now has a section describing how to set up Ice
Page on the Package Tool XML Definitions has been updated with more information.
Page on the DA62 sample added to the Samples And Tutorials section
New engines.cfg and flight_model.cfg setting documented
Project Editor:
Renamed package inspector “+” button into “Add asset group”
In the Marketplace Data Editor, fixed a crash when loading empty thumbnail
Fixed simvar index being lost when loading a file
Disabled a false positive error message box that appeared randomly when building aircraft packages
Scenery Editor:
Fixed a crash when editing runway terraforming profile
Fixed ‘`’ char being filtered in taxiway sign content text entry.
Fixed the “add custom asset group” window which wouldn’t close when creating a new non-templated asset group
Fixed a crash when editing runway terraforming profile
Fixed the windsocks with wrong orientation
Fixed infinite loading for light presets with no mesh
Fixed issues with water polygons
Aircraft Editor:
Fixed a potential crash when converting old .air file.
Visual Effects Editor:
The Visual Effects Editor is now available! You can now create your own effects. We prepared a video tutorial and complete documentation that can be found at http://docs.flightsimulator.com 7 !
Flight Model:
Added elevator_lift_coef, rudder_lift_coef and fuselage_lateral_cx to give aircraft creators better control over plane stability
SimConnect:
Added new SimVar “GEAR SKIDDING FACTOR”
Audio:
On Wwise Sample Project: Fixed shared IR convolution medias not loaded in remote
On Wwise Sample Project: Added Built-in Emitter & Listener cone game-parameters
KNOWN ISSUE
You may crash when exiting VR mode. This issue is being investigated but we suspect OpenXR preview runtime (v106) may be involved. So if you experience this problem, we recommend you revert to the official public runtime (v105).

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wired has an article about flight sim Discord drama: https://www.wired.com/story/hostile-takeover-microsoft-flight-simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Shipon posted:

Yeah it's weird because I can play Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition or Cyberpunk 2077 with no problems for my setup but it just chokes on my setup compared to what youtubers show. To be fair they might be running at 1080p - its kind of hard to tell.

Also, I just had a hard lesson in making sure the Simbrief profile is set to the proper fuel offset. The Gimli passengers should be thankful I wasn't at the controls. If you're using the Dev build I believe the proper fuel offset for the A32NX preset is P13 to make sure you don't run over.

Simbrief has a specific A320 neo profile now that doesn't require a fuel factor change.

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx#simbrief-integration