Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Look at the day its time to get ready for more volleyball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Kenma is a very good boy

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I appreciate that every time Haikyuu has a focus episode for a specific one or two characters, the core message is always "this is why he is a good boy despite his personality quirks, and this is why he's a scary freak as a volleyball player." Tora and Kenma both thinking "I'm just glad he's not on the other team" was the perfect way to reconcile what seemed like two very incompatible personalities.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please dont attack my low stamina boy he doesn't like to over exert himself

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You see if I wake up at 2am then I'm not staying up all night

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
There was some great animation in this episode! I thought the game itself didn't look very dynamic but this scene of Kenma and Tora arguing is so good

https://sakugabooru.com/data/a520de54add831d5dfb181ce6c7f2451.mp4

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Just finished season two, this show rocks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Someone please get kenma a Gatorade hes so tired

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
GUTS

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

That was nice but it’s time for more Karasuno

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I'm always happy watching Nekoma tho

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Can't target my boy nishinoya like that and expect to not get destroyed by the rest of the team

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I'm glad this one girl in the audience noticed how loving weird it is to get so god drat serious about school tournament that you'd boo at one kid for no reason

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
She just doesn't understand the importance of a good serve

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Alright nationals! I'm almost caught up and loving every second of it. Including tanaka's awkward reunion with his childhood friend.

What's the episode total for this season going to be? 25?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
To the Top as a whole is going to have 25 episodes, yes.

Meaning there's... 6 episodes left? Wait, what? Already?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
If that's the case then I'm guessing the final season is going to get a new subtitle

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Seriously gently caress this school's band, that's so obnoxious. Is that really allowed? Where do you draw the noise line, can you blast a ship horn in the stands or set the macarena to 11?

Edit: taiko drum Corps arrived, let's dance assholes!

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kingtheninja posted:

Seriously gently caress this school's band, that's so obnoxious. Is that really allowed? Where do you draw the noise line, can you blast a ship horn in the stands or set the macarena to 11?

Edit: taiko drum Corps arrived, let's dance assholes!

I imagine it's against the rules in most American rulesets at the bare minimum, though it looks like the high school ones are mostly paywalled. Last year's NCAA volleyball rules do indicate that bands should stop playing when the first referee authorizes service. I'm not going to track down Japanese sources since I'd have to translate those.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

OnimaruXLR posted:

If that's the case then I'm guessing the final season is going to get a new subtitle

Probably. Season 3 was already just "Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa" iirc.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
For the love of all that's holy, do not give Hinata guns

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao please give him more guns

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Who is this dude watching and commentating? Have we seen him before?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Bullbar posted:

Who is this dude watching and commentating? Have we seen him before?

He was on the team Nekoma beat in the Land vs Air OVA

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Those twins are going to eat massive poo poo today i can feel it 😤

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Metapod posted:

Those twins are going to eat massive poo poo today i can feel it 😤

From your lips to God’s ears

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

When do the episodes typically show up?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

When do the episodes typically show up?

Like about right now

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
God bless them for trying to make me care about Kinnoshita. I might even remember his name for a day or two.

I had kinda mixed feelings about this season so far but last couple of episodes were very good so hopefully it'll end on a high note

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I don't mind the season very much but being as big a fan as I am of the manga, I feel a lot is lost in translation especially when compared with the utterly wonderful production on S1-3.

Maybe slight manga spoilers? but very light if so:

this match is supposed to be, almost bar none, the hardest that karasuno has played. in the manga there's a really good atmosphere of "we are hosed" through much of it, with the twins able to do anything special that kageyama and hinata do, and then everyone else just being...better. it gives a really neat feeling of dread to me, and makes for the end of the match to be super high octane (there are some sick moments coming, still) but the anime just hasn't done a great job adapting that imo. this feels like "a longer tsubakihara match" more than "these guys are better than shiratorizawa"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Truly don't care about the bench player without any real story let's get back to volleyball

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I'm the opposite and have just been *waiting* for them to get to these last few players. I'm assuming, not having read the manga, that they'll become more important once the third years leave.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Climax preview
https://twitter.com/animehaikyu_com/status/1330114963613102080

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I can't really put my finger on or articulate why, but "We Don't Need the Memories" just comes off the most hilariously heel-ish school motto to me.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Not a motto, but that little speech about the blood and the brain that Nekoma apparently does before every match is also hilarious

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

gently caress that was good. That last 7 or 8 minutes is why watching 4 seasons of a thing that builds and builds on itself can be so much more satisfying than a little 12 episode self-contained story.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hinata.... received ndnskskkwmdbsksk

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Nice receive

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It really says something about Haikyu that something as basic and simple as that can genuinely feel like the full rear end payoff for however many chapters and episodes of character development

what a good manga/anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
My favourite part was this one guy who almost composed a poem after seeing that receive