Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

macabresca posted:

My favourite part was this one guy who almost composed a poem after seeing that receive

ngl I gotta little misty-eyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeks Sisu
Mar 30, 2011

Is this performance art!?
I laughed so hard when Kageyama refused to acknowledge Hinata's receive. This anime is just incredible at putting me through the emotional wringer.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Meeks Sisu posted:

I laughed so hard when Kageyama refused to acknowledge Hinata's receive. This anime is just incredible at putting me through the emotional wringer.

their relationship is written so, so well

really enjoyed that episode and thought it did those moments a lot of justice. the osamu reset and then atsumus laugh were brilliant

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Atsumu laughing and Kenma's little moment are my two favourites of the episode

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Bullbar posted:

Atsumu laughing and Kenma's little moment are my two favourites of the episode

yeah i really liked the cut to kenma, it is a really good character moment despite him having no lines and it being like three frames long

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kenma was adorable during those 3 seconds

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

abgushte badamjan posted:

ngl I gotta little misty-eyed

Same. It was absolutely incredible. This show is insane

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
https://imgur.com/a/gRrQwlU

Who's this dude watching?

Bullbar fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Nov 29, 2020

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Bullbar posted:

Looks like that 200 cm tall guy that showed up in the previous cour of this season and the second cour of season 2.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
He's the guy that Hinata helped out at the 1st years camp.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Bullbar posted:

hyakuzawa - he was the antagonist of the week when karasuno played his team before aoba johsai in the 2nd season and his team was the one that was like "hey we know we aren't that great but he's REALLY tall" and then later at the training camp he was embarassed because Being Tall didn't fly with actually decent players but hinata cheered him up in his usual way

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tobio went into kill mode lmao

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
You know it's a good episode of anime when you cautch yourself just muttering characters' names with a big dumb smile on your face like four times as they have important/triumphant/clutch moments.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
And thus Kageyama completed his journey of Learning that Being a Dick is ok Sometimes

Also, when I see how many quick decisions the players, and especially the setters need to make in this show, I weep. Then you watch actual game and it seems like everybody's just running in circles trying to get the ball in a right place

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The simple pass by hinata made me tear up a bit

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

That was so, so good, holy poo poo. These boys are astounding. I don't know if I liked that match more than Shiratorizawa but I'd need to watch it all in a row to make sure, and I'll probably skip that Nekoma interlude in the middle cause it kind of broke up the action.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Great episode. I really love the
TWIN'S QUICK
MINUS TEMPO
BACK
cards

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The faces on Kuro and Kenma at the end of the episode was 110% pure "Oh poo poo, we have to play against these guys"

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Proud crying Sugawara is the best.

Yahaba pounding the table while Aoba Johsai's team is watching the game is probably my favorite moment in the episode though.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 12, 2020

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Oh man, I can't believe there's only one episode left, how the gently caress

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
How dare they make me so hype for Nekoma match and not announce new season immediately

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Really loved the conversation between the Miya twins and their captain.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

macabresca posted:

How dare they make me so hype for Nekoma match and not announce new season immediately

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I love this show. Can't believe how good it is. We finished the first season and OVA and are now about 1/2 through the 2nd season. It's so good in so many ways. Preaching to the choir, I'm sure.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I don't think I've watched the OVA which came after the first season, what's it about? Is it good?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://ww1.haikyuuepisodes.com/haikyuu-ova-episode-1-english-subbed-watch-online/

Introduction of Lev.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Resub'd to crunchyroll for the rest of the show. S3 done. Even though I know what is going to happen as a drama, it is still tense like watching sports where you don't actually know what is going to happen.

Show is so good.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Best boy so far?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Bokuto or Kenma but probably not if they were mains.

So I will just say, all of them except Tendo cuz he's a loving sadist.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
:hmmyes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm kind of annoyed the the mid-episode vignettes are gone from S4. I'm kinda sick of watching fat crow Hinata flutter around.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
:same:

They eventually add more characters but it's a real shame the eye-catchers changed, they used to be so cool

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Bokuto or Kenma but probably not if they were mains.

So I will just say, all of them except Tendo cuz he's a loving sadist.

Good choices.

Tendo is also a good boy though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
We will finish S4 tonight. Based on the OPs and closing credits, I thought we'd get the Nekoma match this season, but I guess not.

It's weird watching something like this when you have some understanding of drama narratives. For instance, as grim as things looked at one point in this current match, I was like "there is no way they lose based the OPs and the storylines they have been building that are not yet completed."

There are still 2 eps and it looks like Karasuno is about to win but hey, (hey hey) maybe there will be some crazy twist.

But I see a few big story arcs that need to complete. The big one is Hinatas becoming the new Tiny Giant. But then there is the previously mentioned Nekoma match that has been foreshadowed since the first season along with the Nekoma centered episodes along with those OPs/closings. But then there is the weird white haired tiny kid. Hinata has to play against him at some point.

I'm guessing the Manga is done, or has moved on to the next school year so people already know what will happen. I'm not sure if Nekoma/Karasuno would have to meet in the finals or earlier. I mean, I had thought it would be the next match but now I am unsure.

One last thing: I hate Kita. He is the first character that I genuinely dislike down to the very writing. He is supposed to have not played until his final year. He's not a starter. Yet he is the perfect player who is presented as basically the best player ever. It's incredibly annoying and poor writing. One or two good plays? Fine. Every single great play? Nope. Not for someone who we are blatantly told is not very good.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Nah, Kita's not some super player or even a star. He's someone physically average but very mentally composed. He's similar to Daichi in that he's a very solid defender but doesn't have any traits that give him an edge when attacking.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

One last thing: I hate Kita. He is the first character that I genuinely dislike down to the very writing. He is supposed to have not played until his final year. He's not a starter. Yet he is the perfect player who is presented as basically the best player ever. It's incredibly annoying and poor writing. One or two good plays? Fine. Every single great play? Nope. Not for someone who we are blatantly told is not very good.

Kita is literally just "practice makes perfect" personified. He's a very solid defensive player who subs in to help keep his rowdy hothead underclassmen from unraveling under pressure. If he didn't make a bunch of clutch saves then what would be the point of him coming off the bench? His role is basically just the same as Daichi's, but even more extreme because of how he was raised and what kind of person he is. Daichi's always in the spot of being the glue that keeps the team together but he's pretty hotheaded himself, whereas Kita's level demeanor and views on being able to put what you practiced into your performance means he's confident in his skill level, even though he admits it's nothing spectacular. He's not a scary player, but he enables the rest of the team to stay scary.

Hell the longer the match goes on the more apparent it becomes that Inarizaki is basically a mirror match for Karasuno.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
1 ep to go. Man...even when I know what is about to happen this show can still get my blood pumping. Definitely one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's a loving cartoon but my brain is convinced I'm watching the most awesome volleyball matches ever.

loving love it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm still buzzing.

Season 5 now please.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gonna be weird seeing them beat Nekoma, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The finale ep was so good as a bridge to the next match. Favorite moments from it are still Atsumu telling Hinata he'll set for him someday, and the Johzenji coach spontaneously calling up Washijo.