Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The X52 Professional H.O.T.A.S. has a dual spring centering mechanism.

I always liked the acronym H.O.T.A.S. because it makes me think of girls with HOT ASSES, and I like girls with HOT ASSES.

That's my logitech story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

We did it boys. We made the lamest thread ever. Lets all pack it in.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I have a $100+ Logitech g700s mouse paired with a $9 IBM keyboard. Last used to load up illegal sports streams and an NES emulator. You know, the real elite hacker poo poo.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

The Logitech Ultra-X Flat is my favorite PC keyboard:

I mostly use laptops; maybe that's why I like the flat profile and small travel of the keys. I just bought one of these just in case I ever get a desktop PC again, actually.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

lol OP, what's next, you are going to tell me about your Compaq PC??

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Their K400+ keyboard is the perfect wireless keyboard for a home theater PC.

I'm typing on one right now!

I have the k800 pair and I also use it for a home theater PC. :glomp:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Ready to go home sarge

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

yospos b;tch

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
my mouse actually looks like this guy:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

20 Blunts posted:

i lost the trackball in my rear end in a top hat

:yossame:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i agree but i have a really good RAZER mouse right now and some weird rear end mechnical keyboard

but yah logitech is good, but the best? i dont think so.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
I love my logitech keyboard and mouse. Their """""""""gaming""""""""" line on the low end matches that perfect combo of good feel without the 50 poopsocking macro buttons

Their mechanical keyboard switches so tend to fatigue the fingertips if you're at it all day. But other than that, would agree OP

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i once had a microsoft wireless mouse that had a wireless receiver on a 6 foot cord. the receiver had like a 4 inch wireless range so you had to have the cord right up to where you had the mouse. "wireless"
meanwhile with logitech i once plugged the wireless adapter into someone elses computer to mess with them from like 20 feet away

logitech needs to make good left-handed mice in the mx revolution style again because that would be a kickass present for a lefty nerd

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I got the washable keyboard many moons ago. I have never wanted another keyboard.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you dont have to buy a special washable keyboard. you can just buy silicone keyboard covers for any keyboard at all that you want to shoot loads at

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
If you're happily using the same Logitech peripherals for years you're probably still on a 60hz monitor. Yuck

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

my mouse actually looks like this guy:

this is a mouse of Deviance, in my view. verticality is anathema

Who What Now posted:

What kind of serial killer knows what model mouse they have?

it is usually written on the mouse

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Not gonna lie I’ve been using an old mx518 until last year. Only switched it up cause I bought the re-release MX518 legend or whatever. It’s a good mouse.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pnumoman posted:

Logitech is poo poo, never had anything of theirs last more than 2 years. Original mx518 was awesome, but that was nearly 20 years ago.

And their software is utter jank trash that you can never fully remove

My mx510 is almost 20 years old

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009
What about compact keyboards? Logitech or some others have any good options?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

clickin and clackin on cherry switches baybeeeee!

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Using M590 mouse rn god bless those silent clicks. Also have K375s but need to give it to repair after some keys got sticky and stopped working

but the software is poo poo that is true. microsoft's shittier tho

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I remember in like 2002 Logitech did some sort of giveaway and literally all you had to do to win was F5 the page until you won. I had that mouse and keyboard for like a decade. I also still have the speakers I got in 2002 as well.

Juicef
Feb 14, 2009
I finished Max Payne 2 on the hardest difficulty using a Logitech Trackman and I have never looked back. It is the only sensible mouse design.

I also had a tiny Logitech keyboard that was a joy to fondle even when my computer was off. So squishy. So responsive. So Logitech.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it is usually written on the mouse

What kind of serial killer reads their mouse?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Devils Affricate posted:

Yep, had the exact same problem, as well as multiple other flaws that made the loving thing completely useless after only about 1.5 years of ownership. This was Logitech's top tier model too. The internet, including their own support forum, is full of people with the same complaints but if you contact their support team about it, they put you through the whole bullshit routine of acting like they've never heard of this happening before and suggesting you're somehow doing something wrong or imagining the problem. They suck massive, unwiped rear end.

I'm about to be up to my 4th G903 in a year and a half thanks to those loving switches. I just started saving their generic RMA template and including it in my initial report, even if they still ask for it half the time.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
Currently rocking a Logitech G502. Every time I try to get a fancier or crazier mouse I end up hating it so I guess I agree with OP.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
They're kind of jack of all trades but master of none in my book. If I had to get all my gear from a single company Logitech's G Pro line would be a no-brainer but as I'm just replacing parts that wear out/suck like a normal person there's always some other option that's just a bit better/nicer for the money than what Logitech offer, and this is so consistently the case I don't actually use a single Logitech product.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
You might be right OP. But probably only overall. There are better options for like every individual kind of peripheral. I can't think of anything they're the absolute best at, save maybe free-scrolling mousewheels. Those are pretty rad.

e:

Snackula posted:

They're kind of jack of all trades but master of none in my book. If I had to get all my gear from a single company Logitech's G Pro line would be a no-brainer but as I'm just replacing parts that wear out/suck like a normal person there's always some other option that's just a bit better/nicer for the money than what Logitech offer, and this is so consistently the case I don't actually use a single Logitech product.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
Logitech G930 has been my headset for like 6 years now. Got it on sale for 60 / 70 dollars - it's wireless, over the ear, and built like a tank apparently.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I used to love Logitech mice, specially anything based on the MX500. I've had from their RMA department in the last 2 years: 3 MX518 Legendary and 2 G502 Heroes and they finally just gave up and refunded me the original mouse purchase price and basically told me to find another vendor.

Scroll wheel on the legendary will just stop scrolling down after a few months, left click starts double clicking on the hero after a few months, I can fix this with the one I still have by prying the left click button open and then bending it. I should not have to do this poo poo. None of these have insane use hours either the most is 400 hours. That is a lovely lifespace for a gaming mouse.

What's an actually good mouse to replace this with?

Maybe they'll fix their quality control at some point but right now it's stupid.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

My logitech g110 wouldn't let me type a capital S with the left shift button and that really hosed me up

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If it doesn't have LEDs that shine even when the computer is off what's the point

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I have a wireless headset but it doesn't have the model number on it. It's decent but the on button sticks and I have to do a little dance each time to get it on, which is annoying. I wish it was a switch not a button.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I once had a great logitech gaming mouse that lasted 3+ years before I lost it in a move. Now all their mice have lights and colors and pointy bits and it’s really lame.

I just buy boring discount mice for $20 and replace them every year or so.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I used logitech gaming mice for years and they did a good job but I'm an old man now and I was having issues with my pinkie tendon from playing stellaris 14 hours a day back in the initial lockdown, so when my g700s died I tried the overpriced logitech vertical old man mouse. It does a good job, solved my tendon troubles and had zero impact on my gaming. Also, the battery lasts forever.

:corsair:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

pixaal posted:

I used to love Logitech mice, specially anything based on the MX500. I've had from their RMA department in the last 2 years: 3 MX518 Legendary and 2 G502 Heroes and they finally just gave up and refunded me the original mouse purchase price and basically told me to find another vendor.

Scroll wheel on the legendary will just stop scrolling down after a few months, left click starts double clicking on the hero after a few months, I can fix this with the one I still have by prying the left click button open and then bending it. I should not have to do this poo poo. None of these have insane use hours either the most is 400 hours. That is a lovely lifespace for a gaming mouse.

What's an actually good mouse to replace this with?

Maybe they'll fix their quality control at some point but right now it's stupid.

I have no idea since they got bought by BenQ, but Zowie were probably the best. Steelseries do good quality stuff as well.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I like my steel series mouse pad so I'll give their lineup a look thanks

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I have a steel series mouse and I don't know what it's made of but it almost looks as good as the day I bought it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Colonel Cancer posted:

If it doesn't have LEDs that shine even when the computer is off what's the point
ok so you know this meme but there is a version that when he closes his blinds his computer is all RGB rainbow colors glaring at him

i cant find it so just use your imagination