Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Yes, this is definitely a sequel to the Super Metroid LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Yes, it was cruel, but the LP wouldn't have been complete without it :P

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

If the SA-X has Samus' memories, maybe it just reflexively set everything to blow up and then raced a countdown to get to a ship and escape, because that's what she always does. It was probably very disappointed when the countdown stopped right before its last second escape.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Nat has a truly amazing ability to find the hardest possible way to do something and refuse to try any other possibilities until he gets it to work.

I also notice that he's much, much better at the space jump when he's distracted by something else. I seem to recall it being the same in Super Metroid.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 31, 2020

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

On the one hand, I was super looking forward to Ogre Battle. On the other hand, I was also thinking "how the hell is that going to work."

I'm going to break from the pack and recommend not Aria. You're played a lot of Metroidvanias lately, and if that's what you want to focus on that's fine, but since you were planning on Ogre Battle I'm guessing you're interested in trying something different. If you're interested in SNES games, there's a reason it's famous for it's RPGs. There's lots of famous ones; Final Fantasy III/VI, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG to name a few - you could pick one one or both of you haven't played and go with that. Or if you have played those, I'll name one of my favorite, and much lesser known SNES games: Soul Blazer. It's also real time and a bit shorter than most traditional RPGs, so I think it works well for the LP format you have going.

If you don't want an RPG (though I suspect if you were going to do Ogre Battle you aren't opposed), hell, just pick pretty much anything from a SNES top 10 or 20 list and I'm sure you'll get lots of goons tuning in for nostalgia value.