Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Re: the "Lady" thing, I think "Any objections, Lady?" would sound totally natural if they made it a small L instead of a capital L... it would just make Adam sound like he has a casual New York accent which is probably not what they're going for. :v: ("Hey, lady! I'm walkin' here!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man, that water section looked pretty. At the start of this LP, I wasn't expecting to actually like the graphics style. Compared to Super Metroid (and the original NES Metroid!) this seemed a bit too cartoonishly colourful and bright at first, but it's grown on me fast.

One thing helping me warm up to this game is that it feels really tight in its controls. Even though I'm not the one playing and pushing the buttons, little things like being able to grab onto the ledges and stuff make it at least look like moving around is really smooth. That and the nice colourful look make this game just feel really nicely packaged and fun to play. I'm definitely more engaged watching this one than Super Metroid so far.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I really like the puzzle of needing the X to transform into a different enemy better positioned for freezing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Epicmissingno posted:

Look. I get it. The Space Jump is horrible to control in Super Metroid and drops your jumps almost constantly.

But that does not make it automatically terrible in this game.

But in this game, the space jump took his beloved wall jump away from him, it must pay

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bremen posted:

Or if you have played those, I'll name one of my favorite, and much lesser known SNES games: Soul Blazer. It's also real time and a bit shorter than most traditional RPGs, so I think it works well for the LP format you have going.

Oh man I always loved Soul Blazer. It was the SNES game I'd keep renting again if whatever new super popular game I was after was already checked out. (Crystalis filled the same role in the NES days)

I like Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma too, but the gimmick of Soul Blazer always appealed to me a little bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Speaking of that trilogy though, is there an actually good translation of Terranigma out now? I know Nat's already played Terranigma so it wouldn't be a blind run like he's fond of, but showing off a newer translation where the plot makes more sense would be great for those of us who remember a lot of confusing bits.